**the Official "toronto Maple Leafs Suck" Thread**

I'm guessing that was sarcasm.
Most definitely sarcasm. The Thrashers are tied to 2nd last in the conference.This thread is officially 4th when you Google toronto maple leafs suck
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got my hopes up, jerk.

Some good news from Leaf land....Carlyle has figured out how to work the toaster.

Can Kypreos be a bigger douche? just a voice for every player in negotiations.   "Dion wants 50million+ over 7yrs, and Newport Sports has the stats to prove why he deserves it" STFU

Posted Images

Leafs hold the Canes to 2 goals but the offense sputters in a 2-0 loss.Jason Blake leads the attack with 6 shots on goal. Without seeing the game I am going to guess not more than 1 of them was a scoring chance and the total distance for those 6 shots was probably 240 feet.

Leafs hold the Canes to 2 goals but the offense sputters in a 2-0 loss.Jason Blake leads the attack with 6 shots on goal. Without seeing the game I am going to guess not more than 1 of them was a scoring chance and the total distance for those 6 shots was probably 240 feet.
Without seeing the game you shouldnt make stupid comments..Thanks
Without seeing the game While wearing Leaf colored glasses you shouldnt make stupid any comments period ..Thanks
FYPNobody's perfectPlease return to the I love the Leafs threadThank you and Merry Christmas
FYPNobody's perfectPlease return to the I love the Leafs threadThank you and Merry Christmas
I actually last night, was so sad that I didnt watch the second half of the game..We watched some Young and the Restless, Greys Anatomy, Lipstick Jungle(last one) and Momma's Boys...
I actually last night, was so sad that I didnt watch the second half of the game..We watched some Young and the Restless, Greys Anatomy, Lipstick Jungle(last one) and Momma's Boys...
So the self-proclaimed #1 Leafs fan turned off the TV halfway through the game and you're questioning CBC's move to cut back on showing Leafs games on HNIC?
They played that bad?
So the self-proclaimed #1 Leafs fan turned off the TV halfway through the game and you're questioning CBC's move to cut back on showing Leafs games on HNIC?
to be fair I was still keeping tabs on them, with Picture in Picture and internet updates..But I was really sad last night and needed a break..People dont realize that I actually get sick to my stomach when the Leafs lose..Thats how much I am affected by this team...
to be fair I was still keeping tabs on them, with Picture in Picture and internet updates..But I was really sad last night and needed a break..People dont realize that I actually get sick to my stomach when the Leafs lose..Thats how much I am affected by this team...
Seriously, how are you not used to it?

The Leafs are on the verge of another embarrassing showing tonight. I'm curious to know what the pre-loss meal will be for Toskala. I'm sure it will include swiss cheese.

The Leafs are on the verge of another embarrassing showing tonight. I'm curious to know what the pre-loss meal will be for Toskala. I'm sure it will include swiss cheese.
Yes...How did the Habs do last night against the lowly Thrashers...hmmmm..got hammered..sucka
Yes...How did the Habs do last night against the lowly Thrashers...hmmmm..got hammered..sucka
I know you expect Montreal to win every game, but as good as they are, nobody really thinks that's possible.The Leafs record in the last 10 games = 3-6-1
I know you expect Montreal to win every game, but as good as they are, nobody really thinks that's possible.The Leafs record in the last 10 games = 3-6-1
leafs dont have to win..And its actually better if we lose..I have come to that realization..I made some stupid bets but I am ok with the outcome..Next year Montreal might not be good enough to play in the AHL...They literally have nobody for next year...Stick that in your sudburian tusk and smoke it ..SUCKA
leafs dont have to win..And its actually better if we lose..I have come to that realization..I made some stupid bets but I am ok with the outcome..Next year Montreal might not be good enough to play in the AHL...They literally have nobody for next year...Stick that in your sudburian tusk and smoke it ..SUCKA
I will work on a prop bet regarding Montreal next season and we'll see if you want to put your money where your mouth is.In the meantime, why don't you attempt an intelligent post and inform us why Montreal will be in such bad shape next season?

Reports out of MLSE indicate Tomas Kaberle and Nik Antropov are both questionable for tonight's game against the Bruins. Apparently Kaberle and Antropov both have hangnails that somehow became entangled with each other. Team doctors are now concerned about the possibility of paronychia. Paronychia is a painful infection and could significantly lower the trade value of both players. Kaberle and Antropov have been spotted wearing moisturizing gloves."They were in the shower and...well, we don't know what happened," said Leafs GM Brian Burke. "We're just going to keep a close eye on things and push the lotion on the guys. They need to moisturize."When reached by phone, head coach Ron Wilson's response was "No comment." He then added, "if only they played as hard as the dead skin around their nails. You can quote that...I'm a genius."Wilson then blurted out that he will be starting his "Swiss goalie" tonight and hung up.

MLSE has now released the following picture:hangnail.jpgThey have not identified the owner of the hangnail as Antropov or Kaberle and many in the media are skeptical about the authenticity of the picture as the finger seems much too masculine to belong to either Antropov or Kaberle. However, others are supporting the authenticity by pointing out how the finger looks like it's never seen a day of hard work in it's life.

I could be wrong but aren't the Habs just stacked with prospects like Weber, Maxwell, Pacioretty(sp?), chipchura, suban, etc. Seems to me that they have a bright future ahead of them.
Yes, but they don't play for the Leafs so they're no good according to Serge.
I could be wrong but aren't the Habs just stacked with prospects like Weber, Maxwell, Pacioretty(sp?), chipchura, suban, etc. Seems to me that they have a bright future ahead of them.
true, but those guys are very young for the most part, and not ready for prime roles. I am very curious to see how Montreal looks next year. Don't get me wrong, I think they are an organization to be envied with their stockpile of prospects, but with so many FA's, I look forward to seeing how Gainey works it all. I cant help but wonder, every time I look at Gainey's success, what would have happened here in TO if Dryden was allowed to bring in Gainey as the GM back when Dryden was president.MLSE sucks.
true, but those guys are very young for the most part, and not ready for prime roles. I am very curious to see how Montreal looks next year. Don't get me wrong, I think they are an organization to be envied with their stockpile of prospects, but with so many FA's, I look forward to seeing how Gainey works it all. I cant help but wonder, every time I look at Gainey's success, what would have happened here in TO if Dryden was allowed to bring in Gainey as the GM back when Dryden was president.MLSE sucks.
I don't know what their current roster and FA situation is to be honest. I just know they have a good core of prospects so they have a good chance of competing.

Here's a list of Montreal's free agents.UFAAlex TanguayAlex KovalevSaku KoivuRobert LangSteve BeginTom KostopoulosFrancis BouillonMathieu DandenaultMike KomisarekPatrice BriseboisMarc DenisRFAChris HigginsTomas PlekanecGuillaume LatendresseKyle ChipchuraMatt D'AgostiniGreg StewartI think what people are failing to recognize is that having so many free agents gives a team immense flexibility. The cap won't go down next season but it will probably dip a little the season after that. When you factor in the state of the economy, it's more than likely that guys like Mike Commodore and Kristian Huselius won't be seeing the enormous paydays they have in the past. This means that there will be bargains to be had on the free agent market. Also, a team like Philadelphia who are up against the cap this season will be even worse off in the coming seasons. If there was a good time to have so many free agents then this is it. The big stigma with having so many free agents in the past has been the expected raise the players will require. However, take a look at Montreal's UFAs for next year and honestly tell me which one of them deserves a substantial raise.I also posted this in the Montreal thread in case we continue the discussion.

If u missed it, i have a good joke for you guys:"If the Leafs can not play in May, bring May to play with the Leafs"Enjoy and you're welcome