Kurt Warner Hof?

dang.. its SO sucky that he got hurt. 1000 yards in 11 games is so awesome.
He was just one insane athlete. Some of the things he did in baseball were crazy too. And that is besides the whole running up the wall and breaking bats over his knee and helmet.
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was just one insane athlete. Some of the things he did in baseball were crazy too. And that is besides the whole running up the wall and breaking bats over his knee and helmet.
When he was on KC I remember a play were he dove for a ball, was almost parallel to the ground, landed on his feet, and threw out the runner tagging up on a b-line shot to the catcher.It is on highlight films, I will try and find it.
That's BigD's whole point, Bitch. He is saying that Kurt Warner is absolutely dominant in his position. Can you imagine if Kurt was playing for the Steelers? 62-3 would have been the final.
Not true. Warner always had great WRs and a great system to play in (other than Giants). He would not be as dominate in Pitt because we focus on the run more than the pass and our WRs dont compare. His huge numbers were put up during the greatest show on turf and with the spread offense in Arizona with Fitz and Boldin.But as I think about it more...if we had Warner, Fitz and Boldin....I agree with your score.
Not true. Warner always had great WRs and a great system to play in (other than Giants). He would not be as dominate in Pitt because we focus on the run more than the pass and our WRs dont compare. His huge numbers were put up during the greatest show on turf and with the spread offense in Arizona with Fitz and Boldin.But as I think about it more...if we had Warner, Fitz and Boldin....I agree with your score.
1. I didn't expect any Steelers fans to agree with that.2. Everyone said that about the Rams receivers and as soon as Warner was gone they were average at best.3. If Warner and Fitz and Boldin were all on the Steelers the final would have been like 100-0.

Warner doesn't fit within the Steeler offense. With our O-line issues, Warner would be a sitting duck. Ben's size and mobility made what could have been a bigger liability just a bit more manageable.

Brady vs. WarnerCategory----- Brady----- WarnerYears----- 9----- 11-----GS----- 110----- 85-----Comp----- 2301----- 2327-----Attempt----- 3653----- 3557-----Pct.----- 63----- 65.4-----TD----- 197----- 182-----Int----- 86----- 114-----Rating----- 92.9----- 93.8-----4000+----- 2----- 3-----30+ TD----- 1----- 3-----

Brady vs. WarnerCategory----- Brady----- WarnerYears----- 9----- 11-----GS----- 110----- 85-----Comp----- 2301----- 2327-----Attempt----- 3653----- 3557-----Pct.----- 63----- 65.4-----TD----- 197----- 182-----Int----- 86----- 114-----Rating----- 92.9----- 93.8-----4000+----- 2----- 3-----30+ TD----- 1----- 3-----
Age------31-----37-----Titles-----3------1------Oops. I do think Warner is a HOF'r though, but I don't think it's a sure thing.
Age------31-----37-----Titles-----3------1------Oops. I do think Warner is a HOF'r though, but I don't think it's a sure thing.
It's so sad that Warner is 37 with only 11 years. If only he had started when he was 21... wow.
Warner is a missed Vinateri field goal from having the same amount of titles. HE had 2 great games in losing efforts, which are in no way his fault.
Warner is a missed Vinateri field goal from having the same amount of titles. HE had 2 great games in losing efforts, which are in no way his fault.
I wouldn't say "in no way." This past Super Bowl he did commit 2 big turnovers. The first certainly as it was a 14 point swing. The 2nd was as he was trying to put together a miracle drive. He had a great game no doubt but those were kinda big plays in the game.Anyway if you are going to compare the two players you certainly left out a couple big numbers. Hall of Fame credentials are certainly helped with titles. Winning a 2nd Super Bowl would put him in no doubt territory (90%) in my mind but as he stands now I think he's at around 70% likely.
I wouldn't say "in no way." This past Super Bowl he did commit 2 big turnovers. The first certainly as it was a 14 point swing. The 2nd was as he was trying to put together a miracle drive. He had a great game no doubt but those were kinda big plays in the game.
While the turn over at the end of the second half hurt his team, Harrison's bringing that back for a touchdown is a complete fluke that would occur about on in 50 picks or so. Coupled with the fact that warner has like 377, brought the cardinals back to take the lead with 2 minutes left, and the fact that if Warner has broken his leg in the pre game, the cardinals would have lost by about 30 with Lienhart as QB, I find it hard to put blame on him. If ben doesn't engineer that drive, Warner is the MVP of that game.
While the turn over at the end of the second half hurt his team, Harrison's bringing that back for a touchdown is a complete fluke that would occur about on in 50 picks or so. Coupled with the fact that warner has like 377, brought the cardinals back to take the lead with 2 minutes left, and the fact that if Warner has broken his leg in the pre game, the cardinals would have lost by about 30 with Lienhart as QB, I find it hard to put blame on him. If ben doesn't engineer that drive, Warner is the MVP of that game.
I'm pretty sure you meant to type had instead of has in a couple places there. I'm pretty sure Fitz was set to take home MVP honors before ben's drive.
I agree Warner should be in the HOF now. But no statistical analysis of Warner is complete without rows for "Fumbles" and "Sacks taken". His bad years were very very bad and when things were going poorly he would fumble if you breathed on him. Just saying. And he is not in the greatest ever debate either. He would need 4-5 more great seasons to even enter that discussion. Too many QBs did the things he did over long careers without any bad seasons.

He was playing with a broken hand then a broken thumb when the fumbling was occuring. All he's guilty of is trying to play through serious injuries. Broken ribs in the superbowl against the Pats, and a concussion in the playoff game against the Saints in '01. It's up to the coaches and doctors to not let a player play, not the players.

I wouldn't say "in no way." This past Super Bowl he did commit 2 big turnovers. The first certainly as it was a 14 point swing. The 2nd was as he was trying to put together a miracle drive. He had a great game no doubt but those were kinda big plays in the game.Anyway if you are going to compare the two players you certainly left out a couple big numbers. Hall of Fame credentials are certainly helped with titles. Winning a 2nd Super Bowl would put him in no doubt territory (90%) in my mind but as he stands now I think he's at around 70% likely.
If time wasn't a factor, I would bet you up to $250 and give you 5-1 if you seriously only think he has a 70% chance that would be a no-brainer.
I'm pretty sure you meant to type had instead of has in a couple places there. I'm pretty sure Fitz was set to take home MVP honors before ben's drive.
No way. Warner would have been the MVP easily.
He was playing with a broken hand then a broken thumb when the fumbling was occuring. All he's guilty of is trying to play through serious injuries. Broken ribs in the superbowl against the Pats, and a concussion in the playoff game against the Saints in '01. It's up to the coaches and doctors to not let a player play, not the players.
this.
If time wasn't a factor, I would bet you up to $250 and give you 5-1 if you seriously only think he has a 70% chance that would be a no-brainer.
I think he'll get in eventually but if he retired today I certainly don't think he'll be a first ballot HOF'r. I'll be surprised if he can duplicate the season he had this year and I'm wondering if his stock will ever be higher than it is now.
No way. Warner would have been the MVP easily.
What reasons do you have for this? Fitz having 7 catches for 127 for 2 touchdowns (including the 64 yard game winner) sounds worthy to me.
What reasons do you have for this? Fitz having 7 catches for 127 for 2 touchdowns (including the 64 yard game winner) sounds worthy to me.
I gotta agree with you about Fitz being the MVP. I think if Warner had spread out his TD's and thrown one to each guy then he is the MVP however with two going to Fitz and just the way he took over the game in the second half I think there is no way he couldn't be the MVP.

If Warner comes back, and puts up one more impressive year, I think he is a first balloter at this point. Funny thing is, at the beginning of the year I questioned whether he deserved the hall or not.

If Warner comes back, and puts up one more impressive year, I think he is a first balloter at this point. Funny thing is, at the beginning of the year I questioned whether he deserved the hall or not.
taking the CARDINALS to the Super Bowl will do that. Warner definitely gets bonus points for taking two historically crappy teams to the Super Bowl (and demerits for only having success when his WR corps was outstanding).
Like I've said before I believe he's a Hall of Famer but I still think when he excelled it was largely due to the systems and players around him.
Serious question: does it matter?Is the hall of fame supposed to be for the best players or the players who performed the best? Personally, I think any arguments about systems and supporting cast, etc. should be ignored and we should just focus on the results. Now obviously, if you're trying to predict how a player will perform in the future, then you need to consider many other factors besides results, but when it comes to awards, all I care about is what actually happened.
Serious question: does it matter?Is the hall of fame supposed to be for the best players or the players who performed the best? Personally, I think any arguments about systems and supporting cast, etc. should be ignored and we should just focus on the results. Now obviously, if you're trying to predict how a player will perform in the future, then you need to consider many other factors besides results, but when it comes to awards, all I care about is what actually happened.
Exactly. It is very rare that a player excelled for an extended period of time on a crappy team. Especially a QB who needs a lot of help, running game, good o-line and people that can actually get open, catch the ball, then run with it afterward.
Serious answer: When it comes to the Hall of Fame, no not really. But, I still think he needs another good year or two before I'd call him a surefire 1st ballot HOF'r.
taking the CARDINALS to the Super Bowl will do that. Warner definitely gets bonus points for taking two historically crappy teams to the Super Bowl (and demerits for only having success when his WR corps was outstanding).
So after he left the Rams, the receivers were still outstanding? The Rams were still good? The Cardinals would have gone to the Superbowl without Warner this year?