The New York Rangers

i dont think there is any chance there is a trade made here..Why give up something, when you can get him at a lesser salary..IMO
This has happened a thousand times this year already. Teams won't take on salary without giving away their useless salary in return.Look at the Jokinen trade. Tampa takes a bunch of guys who sit in the pressbox all year.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this:  

Torts = Genious?

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 19m I'd hate to be the HR person in charge of doing John Tortorella's exit interview.

Written by Darryl Dobbs Sunday, 22 February 2009 The buzz in New York is that the Rangers will fire Tom Renney if the team loses to the Leafs tonight.nice call!
Dobber>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xinfinity>Eklund.

What a freefall from the top.This team (I believe) was 1st in the East after the first 20 games or so.Reminds me of the Sens last year.They just haven't been able to score lately and Henrik can only stop sop many.

What a freefall from the top.This team (I believe) was 1st in the East after the first 20 games or so.Reminds me of the Sens last year.They just haven't been able to score lately and Henrik can only stop sop many.
Yeah, they were in first because they had played a number of games more than anyone else. Also, some of their players like Dubinsky and Voros who came out of the gate on fire aren't even smoldering now.
Yeah, they were in first because they had played a number of games more than anyone else. Also, some of their players like Dubinsky and Voros who came out of the gate on fire aren't even smoldering now.
True. Renny out, John Tortorella in. What do people think of this move? He's obviously of a very different breed than Tom. Will his more aggressive style and more manic personality be a welcome change from Tom's reserved personality and defensive emphasis?It's hard to say right now. But certainly the Rangers have a lot of offensive talent that is horribly under preforming. Gomez and Drury need to be revitalized, and Zherdev needs to start scoring more goals instead of only putting on a show with some fancy moves. Dubinsky needs to wake up. Our strongest players through this drought have been our young and speedy players, such as Dawes, Callahan, and Prucha. Hopefully our new coach's style will emphasize their skills and will allow our more veteran players to get some room, play their game, and score some goals (for once).We'll see. I'm sad that Renny's gone because he's a great guy and brought us to the playoffs three times after a long drought. But our team needs a jolt.
Dobber>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>xinfinity>Eklund.
I hear this Dobber guy has a baseball site just like the hockey one. Check it out and you just might enjoy reading a couple of informative articles or two from some really talented writers :club::ts
True. Renny out, John Tortorella in. What do people think of this move? He's obviously of a very different breed than Tom. Will his more aggressive style and more manic personality be a welcome change from Tom's reserved personality and defensive emphasis?It's hard to say right now. But certainly the Rangers have a lot of offensive talent that is horribly under preforming. Gomez and Drury need to be revitalized, and Zherdev needs to start scoring more goals instead of only putting on a show with some fancy moves. Dubinsky needs to wake up. Our strongest players through this drought have been our young and speedy players, such as Dawes, Callahan, and Prucha. Hopefully our new coach's style will emphasize their skills and will allow our more veteran players to get some room, play their game, and score some goals (for once).We'll see. I'm sad that Renny's gone because he's a great guy and brought us to the playoffs three times after a long drought. But our team needs a jolt.
It had to come. I have never seen the power play worse. Redden is abysmal. Bench minors are happening all over the place. I thought that a Renny team was always prepared and would not be out worked but that was certainly not true in the past few months and especially not true against Toronto. With the play of Betts, Callahan, Dawes and Prucha there is some hope. Hopefully Tortorella can light a fire under Zherdev, Gomez, Drury and Naslund. If he can do that and Lundqvist can get hot, there is still time to save this season. The move had to be made.
Dubinsky is playing OK but it is Zherdev that has dissapeared. He was the Rangers best player the first half and now he is non-existent.
I hear this Dobber guy has a baseball site just like the hockey one. Check it out and you just might enjoy reading a couple of informative articles or two from some really talented writers :club::ts
If you hadn't said something I never would have known you write for them...this was my first time ever visiting the baseball portion of the site. That just isn't my sport at all, but I'll check your stuff out just the same. Congratulations!
That's pretty cool John. How long have you been writing for them?
I like Tortorella. He takes no shit from anyone no matter who you are. Perform or be prepared to pay the consequences.I think he was great on TSN this year too.I saw Naslund's name in a posts and I had totally forgotten he was even in New York. I haven't seen him in a highlight all year long.
If you hadn't said something I never would have known you write for them...this was my first time ever visiting the baseball portion of the site. That just isn't my sport at all, but I'll check your stuff out just the same. Congratulations!
Thanx. I actually have been involved in fantasy baseball over twenty years. It has only been in the past five that I have gotten into hockey
That's pretty cool John. How long have you been writing for them?
Since November, I have been doing a weekly column. Got really involved with the preseason guide which was a lot of fun.
I like Tortorella. He takes no shit from anyone no matter who you are. Perform or be prepared to pay the consequences.I think he was great on TSN this year too.I saw Naslund's name in a posts and I had totally forgotten he was even in New York. I haven't seen him in a highlight all year long.
The more I read about Tortorella, the more I think he is the right guy. I think Gomez will respond well and hopefully the new coach can light a fire under Zherdev, Redden and Drury
Since November, I have been doing a weekly column. Got really involved with the preseason guide which was a lot of fun.
thats great, I was going to get the guide probably anyway, now even more reason to do so! nice gig John.Now I know who I will be coming to for some pre-draft advice. :club:
You guys played the better game last night, just had a lapse of 3 minutes where the game was lost. Sucks.
Yeah, really sucks. We came so close but couldn't finish so many times. I liked what we were doing a lot, but still.
The more I read about Tortorella, the more I think he is the right guy. I think Gomez will respond well and hopefully the new coach can light a fire under Zherdev, Redden and Drury
Don't forget Markus Naslund. Dropped the gloves with Ian White in Tottorella's first game behind the bench. He locked on the seatbelt like his life depended on it but what do you expect he's european. I would be more embarressed to be Ian White.

So, does a 6-1 victory mean that the new system is working and we are able to score?I don't know. We were playing the Avalanche, a very weak team, so it's not surprising that we won. But we've played weak teams before and never scored 6 goals. So, I'm not going to start jumping for joy and claiming victory, but I think last night's victory is a good sign. We have a few days off to rest and practice, so hopefully that will do the team a lot of good. But we don't play many games this week and it gives a lot of teams that have games in hand a chance to catch up and potentially put us out of the playoffs. So, we're going to need to be at our very best when we play again. Pretty much every game is a must win from here on in.

any chance the New York Tabloids have some sort of a headline referring to Sloppy Seconds??i wager its about even money.