The New York Rangers

What hurts more, Rangers winning or Avery getting two goals?Edit: Probably neither hurts that much after having the Pens come back in the third with 4 goals and beat Boston.
Eh, the only thing that hurts is the way Avery celebrates... he's channeling Ovechkin from a couple weaks ago, lol, except he's got a far more annoying face/grin, and an air douchebaggery I can't quite put my finger on.Good game though, Flyers played a typical Flyer game taking tons of retarded penalties and the Rags capitalized. As much as I'd love to catch the Flyers, they have like 4 games in hand on most of the guys chasing them, so they're pretty well locked up.
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this:  

Torts = Genious?

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 19m I'd hate to be the HR person in charge of doing John Tortorella's exit interview.

Big win against the Habs in the shootout. We lead thrice and they came back thrice. In the shootout, we led twice and they came back twice. But we got the final goal. Two massive points, and it helps that Buffalo and Florida lost. If only those Pens could have followed suit.

Almost every time the Rangers score they immediately give one back, usually within a minute. If there was a stat that kept track of this they would be the all time leader BY FAR without a close second. At least in the 12 years I've been watching. Very frustrating, but I'll take the shootout win!!

Good job Ranger fans..Just a request from you guys..I need Antropov to score 5 more goals..Thx bye

I hope he scores 10!!! I really like his play, he has a quick release on his shot for a big guy. Very tricky.
He is very underrated and will get some big money in the off season..IMOHe has a lot of tools, obviously one knock on him is that he is slow..He is good on the PP and has a very long reach where he is good at deflecting pucks.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, we've gotta beat the Devils tonight or we'll be digging ourselves a pretty deep playoff hole.Avery and Brodeur reunited again. Shanahan playing against the Rangers. Should be an interesting game. Lots of drama.

Well, we've gotta beat the Devils tonight or we'll be digging ourselves a pretty deep playoff hole.Avery and Brodeur reunited again. Shanahan playing against the Rangers. Should be an interesting game. Lots of drama.
Should be fun to watch..Please make Antropov score 3 more goals..thanks

Great game for the Rangers. Anytime you shutout the Devils, you know you're doing something right. Even though he didn't score a goal, Avery was at the center of attention all night. He was being hit by almost everyone, and was making some great plays and had some great shots (as well as an assist). At one point in the third period when we were up 3-0, he was challenged by a Devil. You could see Avery mouthing, "I'm not fighting" as the other player grabbed his jersey and threw him to the ground twice. The other player got a 10 minute misconduct and we ended up with a power play. It was a pretty funny moment.Now let's hope Ottawa can beat Florida tomorrow. PLEASE, ONE TIME!

Great game for the Rangers. Anytime you shutout the Devils, you know you're doing something right. Even though he didn't score a goal, Avery was at the center of attention all night. He was being hit by almost everyone, and was making some great plays and had some great shots (as well as an assist). At one point in the third period when we were up 3-0, he was challenged by a Devil. You could see Avery mouthing, "I'm not fighting" as the other player grabbed his jersey and threw him to the ground twice. The other player got a 10 minute misconduct and we ended up with a power play. It was a pretty funny moment.Now let's hope Ottawa can beat Florida tomorrow. PLEASE, ONE TIME!
you're talking about level-headed david clarkson. yeah, he's a professional.
I think that play by Clarkson...throwing Avery to the ice...should be a suspension.
On what grounds?
Call it attempt to injure or whatever you want but throwing players to the ice needs to be taken out of the game if fighting is to stay.
Call it attempt to injure or whatever you want but throwing players to the ice needs to be taken out of the game if fighting is to stay.
Ok.What do you think about Avery fake-dropping his gloves. Looks like he even lost one glove in the process. He lured in Clarkson, who thought he was going to have a real fight (his mistake, maybe), but what is he supposed to do in that case? Just turn around and skate to the bench? Avery humiliated him with his antics, and I would have considered doing the same thing to someone who goaded me into a fight and decided to just let his body go limp and not fight. Although, I liked Tyler Kennedy's approach the other day a lot better, when he just jumped Avery immediately and started wailing away so Avery had no choice but to fight back.I'm not particularly taking a side here, just curious what you think.
Ok.What do you think about Avery fake-dropping his gloves. Looks like he even lost one glove in the process. He lured in Clarkson, who thought he was going to have a real fight (his mistake, maybe), but what is he supposed to do in that case? Just turn around and skate to the bench? Avery humiliated him with his antics, and I would have considered doing the same thing to someone who goaded me into a fight and decided to just let his body go limp and not fight. Although, I liked Tyler Kennedy's approach the other day a lot better, when he just jumped Avery immediately and started wailing away so Avery had no choice but to fight back.I'm not particularly taking a side here, just curious what you think.
I ****ing hate those cowards that do that. Maybe they should make "goading" a 5 minute major, so the guy has no choice but to fight, instead of being a chicken-shit yellow bellied pussy fart.
Faking to drop one's gloves is turd-like. It should be punished with an unsportsmanlike penalty or a misconduct.

Huge, absolutely huge night for the Rangers.We beat the Habs 3-1. Montreal was noticeably tired and seemed to sleep through most of that game. Price was very rusty and the Rangers did their best to pounce on him. Drury led the team with two huge goals and Antropov dove head first toward the goal and hit the puck in the net after Avery forced Price to make a bad pass.And Florida lost. This means that if we win one of our next two games against Philadelphia we make the playoffs. And if Florida doesn't win their next two games we make the playoffs. So, things are looking up.

Now that we've clinched, I think I'd rather end up in 8th place and play Boston than be in 7th and play the Capitals. But then again, we have a lot of trouble scoring against Thomas. I think we can beat either team if we really play our A game and if Henrik plays as well as he did last night.

Now that we've clinched, I think I'd rather end up in 8th place and play Boston than be in 7th and play the Capitals. But then again, we have a lot of trouble scoring against Thomas. I think we can beat either team if we really play our A game and if Henrik plays as well as he did last night.
So does everyone! But yeah, you don't want anything to do with the Caps in Round One, Boston is a better fit for NY's game.
Thats ok. We get Boston in the 2d round and on to the Conference finals...where we lose to some Penn team.

WeeeReally nice to win that first game. Bottom line: our goaltender was better than their goaltender. We both had a lot of offensive production, but Lundqvist made some great saves when he had to and the Rangers were able to capitalize on their chances.But we by no means played a perfect game. Lots of penalty trouble and lots of sloppy play, giving them the zone too easily, etc etc. If we can tighten up a bit, we can win again on Saturday.Hopefully Drury will be back by then.And what a nifty move by Dubinsky!