The New York Rangers

I thought Paul Mara also stood out and had a great game, firing shots from the outside during the power play and earning himself an assist (which originally was a goal until it was decided that Voros deflected it).
Gah, could have used that for the FCHL.
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this:  

Torts = Genious?

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 19m I'd hate to be the HR person in charge of doing John Tortorella's exit interview.

Overall, a good game by the Rangers. Our first period was among the best we've played so far, but we trailed off a bit in the second period. We were able to hold on in the third and win the game. Again, our young second line played quite well. Voros earned himself two goals by fighting for position in front of Brodeur and deflecting pucks past the legendary goalie. Dubinsky got a goal and a last minute assist when he slid one to Callahan for the open net clincher. I thought Paul Mara also stood out and had a great game, firing shots from the outside during the power play and earning himself an assist (which originally was a goal until it was decided that Voros deflected it).And again, our first line seemed somewhat non existent. On paper they're a great group of players, so hopefully they just need some time and practice to feel out each other's style. But I expect good things from them.I don't know about all that, but he's certainly up there and he's playing at the top of his game right now. He certainly made some great saves and really frustrated the Devils. It's a real achievement when you show that you're the better goalie in a game against Brodeur.
Now who was that who was arguing with me that MB would still be better than Henrik this year? I love when MB lets in a soft first goal of the game, it just supports the quotes of his I love to rub into his fans' faces. :club:
Now who was that who was arguing with me that MB would still be better than Henrik this year? I love when MB lets in a soft first goal of the game, it just supports the quotes of his I love to rub into his fans' faces. :club:
I think the success of Brodeur is more to the credit of the defensive system than his goaltending.
I think the success of Brodeur is more to the credit of the defensive system than his goaltending.
The extent of his success yes. Without Lemaire, Stevens and Niedermayer he wouldn't be on pace for the records that he will own. That said, you still wont have that kind of success without the skills to take advantage of it. Brodeur/Roy and especially Brodeur/Belfour (except for the cough syrup game lol) were the best goaltenders' finals Ive ever seen.

A decent win against the Leafs. I'm really not too excited about the fact that we didn't score all game. I thought we did have some decent chances (and so did they), but we're going to need more than chances to go far in the league. In terms of points, we're off to a great start, but I think certain things still need to click before I can be really excited about the team.Valiquette was great in goal. I always like to see him do well.

A decent win against the Leafs. I'm really not too excited about the fact that we didn't score all game. I thought we did have some decent chances (and so did they), but we're going to need more than chances to go far in the league. In terms of points, we're off to a great start, but I think certain things still need to click before I can be really excited about the team.Valiquette was great in goal. I always like to see him do well.
I didnt see the first two periods..From what I heard the leafs played really well until the 3rd where we got decimated with penalties, Toskala's superb play and a couple of lucky posts saved us...

Well I'm not biased towards either of these teams but the Rangers got robbed on an awful too many men call which the Wings got a PP goal on with roughly 3 mins left in the game to tie it. Then the OT winner. Obviously they still have to go out and get the OT winner, the Wings that is, but probably shouldn't have gotten that far.

Well I'm not biased towards either of these teams but the Rangers got robbed on an awful too many men call which the Wings got a PP goal on with roughly 3 mins left in the game to tie it. Then the OT winner. Obviously they still have to go out and get the OT winner, the Wings that is, but probably shouldn't have gotten that far.
weaksauce call in an otherwise great game. the Rangers forecheck/cycle is so much more fun to watch than third man high.Valiquette was a monster in the 3rd/OT/shootout v Toronto. He looks quicker than last year, and his positioning has always been good.
I didnt see the first two periods..From what I heard the leafs played really well until the 3rd where we got decimated with penalties, Toskala's superb play and a couple of lucky posts saved us...
Agreed. Toskala was a beast that game.Tonight's game was sucky as heck. I went to the garden really excited to cheer and boo Avery. He did get hit hard a few times which really seemed to excite the crowd and he almost got into a fight with Dubi. But the game itself was extremely blasé by the Rangers. We scored in the first few minutes and didn't get another goal the rest of the game. Our team looked tired, and I think some rest will do us well. The only players who seemed to be awake were Dubi and Gomez. Drury really needs to step up at some point offensively or our team is going to be mediocre for a while.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

An amazing game by Lundqvist! What a crazy win. Coming back from 2-0 in the third period, scoring the final goal with about 5 seconds left on the breakaway after Crosby misses the empty net. Lundqvist saves our butts several times in OT and then shuts out the Pens in the shoot out.LET'S GO RANGERS!

It would have been a great game if it ended 2-1 Penguins. It was unreal after the tying goal. 3rd period, OT and shootout was amazing. How do we shoot the bleeping puck from the blue line on a 5-3? Wen't to the game with Zach. Fedetenko glanced over at Zach during warmups and saw the penguin jersey, then turned his head away but tossed a puck right to Zach so non-chalant. It was so cool how he did no-look style. Zach would have never lived it down if he dropped it. Legends will be made about the after party. Let's just say zach was feeling no pain with the Penguins loss. Zach's friend got really lucky with this hot Venezualan chick that I would have jumped in a heartbeet but I had no chance. At 400am it was finally beddy time for Zach. Had to bribe the taxi driver to take care of him. Zach took NYC by storm and it will never be the same

It would have been a great game if it ended 2-1 Penguins. It was unreal after the tying goal. 3rd period, OT and shootout was amazing. How do we shoot the bleeping puck from the blue line on a 5-3? Wen't to the game with Zach. Fedetenko glanced over at Zach during warmups and saw the penguin jersey, then turned his head away but tossed a puck right to Zach so non-chalant. It was so cool how he did no-look style. Zach would have never lived it down if he dropped it. Legends will be made about the after party. Let's just say zach was feeling no pain with the Penguins loss. Zach's friend got really lucky with this hot Venezualan chick that I would have jumped in a heartbeet but I had no chance. At 400am it was finally beddy time for Zach. Had to bribe the taxi driver to take care of him. Zach took NYC by storm and it will never be the same
Haha that is an awesome trip report.
qft
wtf..What a life this guy leads..Vegas, New York...NHL game in every city..making money playing poker...Zach is the ultimate playboy..way to go man.
wtf..What a life this guy leads..Vegas, New York...NHL game in every city..making money playing poker...Zach is the ultimate playboy..way to go man.
All hail ZACH, all hail ZACH
Random note: The Rangers have the best goal horn/song/celebration I've ever seen.
(HOOORN! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN HOOORN HOOORN)GOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLGOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLGOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL(Pump Fist)HEY! HEY! HEY HEY HEY!HEY! HEY! HEY HEY HEY!
  • 2 weeks later...

Good game tonight by the Rangers after two pretty horrible losses. I'm glad we could definitively snap our losing streak. Our power play seemed to work tonight, generating us three goals. Drury had a short handed goal along with two power play goals to send the hats flying. It's good to see Staal score with a beautiful one-timer from the outside. It's also good to see Callihan generate some offense.Lundqvist, as usual, was superb. Washington this weekend should be both exciting and difficult.