• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How is this:  

Torts = Genious?

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 19m I'd hate to be the HR person in charge of doing John Tortorella's exit interview.

any chance the New York Tabloids have some sort of a headline referring to Sloppy Seconds??
I wouldn't bet against it.

So, Rangers recent moves:Additions:Sean AveryDerek MorrisNik AntropovSubtractions:Petr PruchaNigel DawesDimitri Kalinin I'm not sure how I feel. Having Kalinin go is no loss, but Dawes and Prucha were young, talented, and energetic. When they rest of the team was slumping, they often brought live to their lines. What are the thoughts of others who are more familiar with Morris and Antropov?

So, Rangers recent moves:Additions:Sean AveryDerek MorrisNik AntropovSubtractions:Petr PruchaNigel DawesDimitri Kalinin I'm not sure how I feel. Having Kalinin go is no loss, but Dawes and Prucha were young, talented, and energetic. When they rest of the team was slumping, they often brought live to their lines. What are the thoughts of others who are more familiar with Morris and Antropov?
I can tell you how you feel, if you want. You feel pretty aprehensive about having the single most overrated corps of defensemen in league history. The only thing that could make it more overrated is if Kalinin was still there. On a serious note, Antropov is an upgrade over Prucha and Dawes, neither of whom were living up to potential in NY. Tortorella will actually use Nic on one of the big lines and he'll probably be a big reason why NY actually makes the playoffs. Sean Avery will do his thing and do it well, superpest extraordinaire. He'll draw the big penalties at the key moments and get the PP out there for at least as many goals as he'll score himself, that's his intangible value which you already know. New York did pretty well this week, all said.
Antropov is a big winger who can score 25-30 goals..Good on the PP...Very slow obviously, but with the right player he can be a force.

I think Antropov can contribute more and Dawes and Prucha, but it all comes down to chemistry and if Tortorella can coax some consistency out of him.It sort of seems like Sather is throwing a lot of shit at the wall hoping something will turn them around.

Balloon animals, badminton, and he's one hell of a line dancer.
lol..funny adam..now PLEASE win tonight..Price in net...GO BUFFALO

Boston's horrific goaltending today really cost them the game. They were coming on strong in the third period and then blew it all with that Zherdev goal. My friend from Boston who I was watching the game with wasn't happy (to make a huge understatement).Nice to see Antropov score his first goal as a Ranger.

Good to see the Rangers bounce back against Nashville after being shut out against Carolina. Avery had his first goal since coming back, along with Gomez, Staal. Sjostrom scored a short handed goal off of a nice breakaway and pass from Betts (it's nice to feel the other side of that for once).But our next two games are crucial. We play the Flyers back to back on Saturday and Sunday.

Could you give us an assesment of Avery's first few games?Do you think he is being careful? and does it affect his game now.

Could you give us an assesment of Avery's first few games?Do you think he is being careful? and does it affect his game now.
Avery's definitely being careful in terms of after the whistle things. There have been a few times where, after a hit or something, a person has tried to approach him and he has simply skated away. He's avoiding fighting and brawls. From what I gather, I don't think he's stopped running his mouth either during or after play. He can still be seen perching over the bench looking toward the opponent's bench and shouting what I assume are profanities. But that's his game as an instigator. And he's drawn several penalties doing what he does (though he's taken a few as well). You can tell that a few times he's noticeably held himself back.As to his play itself, I'd argue that he's been among our best players since he returned. Every shift he has is extremely energetic. He hits a lot and takes a lot of hits. He's fast and rushes to the net (which his how he scored his goal last night). As evidence, Torts started him on the third line when he returned. He has since been moved to Gomez' first line. That line scored three goals last night and was pretty dominant when on the ice. So, no, I don't think that his being careful has held back his offensive production.If we make the playoffs, I think it will be because of Avery (for the third year in a row).

I've already seen him take 3 or 4 completely useless penalties.It's embarrassing, IMO, for a team like the Rangers to have to rely on scum like him to make the playoffs. If I were Gomez or Naslund or whoever else is underperforming on that team, hearing stuff like "Avery is the reason we win games" would embarrass the shit out of me.But that's just me.I hope you guys fail. :club:

He has taken some bad panalties but he's also drawn some from the other team. You get a totally different perspective from Sportscentre than you do from watching the game. From what I've seen he's played well. I have noticed him skate away a few times and I've also noticed his mouth still going at other times...but that's his game and that's how he needs to play to be effective. I think Avery is trying to find that fine line and I think Torts is trying to get him to play from whistle to whistle.

If I were Gomez or Naslund or whoever else is underperforming on that team, hearing stuff like "Avery is the reason we win games" would embarrass the shit out of me.
If I were Gomez, I'd be happy that since Avery came back, I've been a +5 with 5 points in 4 games and 3 goals, including 3 points and a +3 last night with Avery on my line.

of the teams that are fighting for playoff positioning the Rangers have by far the superior goaltending.That will be the difference in the playoffs, and wouldnt surprise me to see the Rangers go the finals...Boston has dropped off as of late and I prefer Brodeur, Lundqvist over Thomas/Manny any day..IMO..Jersey is the team to beat, other than that its up for grabs in the East.

If I were Gomez, I'd be happy that since Avery came back, I've been a +5 with 5 points in 4 games and 3 goals, including 3 points and a +3 last night with Avery on my line.
True dat.As much as I dislike Avery as a person (albeit only through the media's eyes), he does have some skills.

And now Avery has three goals in three games, and the Rangers are winning 1-0.This is a huge game. We NEED points. Let's go Rangers!!

It hurts me so much to cheer for the Flyers in this game, LOL.
What hurts more, Rangers winning or Avery getting two goals?Edit: Probably neither hurts that much after having the Pens come back in the third with 4 goals and beat Boston.
What hurts more, Rangers winning or Avery getting two goals?
Avery = beast..He maybe one of those players that only works for one team..In the Leafs case it was Clark and Tucker...