What Song Would You Want Played At Your Funeral?

If you had to pick a song to be played at your funeral, what would it be?Off the top of my head I'd probably pick Simple Man, the Shinedown version.btw, no idea why I thought of this.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My funeral is going to be fancy dress. Anyone not in costume won't be allowed in. The music will be cheesy party music, and while I am being lowered into the grave or whatever, Karma Chameleon by Culture Club will play and everyone will do a conga line and sing a long.

I would want a song from my all-time favorite band, Nickelback. I like them because they sing good and they rock. And I prefer rock to other kinds of music. The best Nickelback song for a funeral would be "If Everyone Cared". I really like that song and it has a nice message, which is good because I wouldnt want to make people even sadder than they already are because I died, which would be sad for some people more than others, but I dont want to risk making any of those people who are marginally sad really sad and those people like my wife and kids who are really sad, i dont know, super sad. So thats why I would choose that song.

I would want a song from my all-time favorite band, Nickelback. I like them because they sing good and they rock. And I prefer rock to other kinds of music. The best Nickelback song for a funeral would be "If Everyone Cared". I really like that song and it has a nice message, which is good because I wouldnt want to make people even sadder than they already are because I died, which would be sad for some people more than others, but I dont want to risk making any of those people who are marginally sad really sad and those people like my wife and kids who are really sad, i dont know, super sad. So thats why I would choose that song.
What about the song they did with Creed...and they say that a hero will save usi'm not gonna stand in the wayi'll hold on to the wings of the heroand watch as we all fly awayyyyI think that's pretty fitting.
What about the song they did with Creed...and they say that a hero will save usi'm not gonna stand in the wayi'll hold on to the wings of the heroand watch as we all fly awayyyyI think that's pretty fitting.
Yeah that would be a good one too. But "If Everyone Cared" is a more positive song for all humanity. It would be cool for everyone to think i was hero, but if im dead then i wont be there to save those people at my funeral anymore because like I said, I would be dead. With my song, everyone can learn to love each other and no one will need a hero becuase i guess everyone would be heros. it would be like a final message to my kids. be nice people kids, thats what im saying to you.

"If I Should Die" by Jay-ZIf I should die don't cry my niggasjust ride my niggas bust bullets in the sky my niggasAnd when I'm gone don't mourn my niggasget on my niggas when it's realsay word to Shawn my niggasIf I should dieDon't cry my niggas it's been one hell of a ride my niggasin the middle of the trial I flip pies my niggasI did joints with Mary J. Blige my niggasI've eluded the coppers got booted with Big PoppaSkated through with the Ceasar PicadasAt high school got head by the lockersgot the baddest girl in the class to show me her knockersrocked jewels dropped school still didn't failrhymes still written well hold court in the streetnever sit in the cell for a second then I'm gettin' my bailshoot it out with the bounty hunters fucksittin' in the county for summers if they should down meeverybody around us become one for that dayto live life get your shit right & playDon't get it twisted like rays if I miss that's okbut life's short don't miss a dayI need to make sure my niggas understand how to feel, you know.Plus that's pretty much autobiographical.

an odd choice as an atheist, I know... but is there anything more perfect than Temple of the Dog - Say Hello to Heaven?edit: well, either that or some song that won't be written for another 70 years or so.

nice choice, awesome songalso one from Jeff HealyAngel EyesKnocking on Heavens door
nice choice, awesome songalso one from Jeff HealyAngel EyesKnocking on Heavens door
thanks. i like your choices as well becuase they are good songs. i havent heard that first one, but if you like nickelback, i trust your judgment becuase nickelback is really good.

A few choices, and I'm dead serious (no pun intended)....Bad to the Bone - George ThorogoodHighway to Hell - AC/DCOne Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - Again, Mr. George ThorogoodCreeping Death - MetallicaI will have one of the above songs, or maybe all, played at my funeral. I will be buried in a Michigan University casket in my Redwings jersey, have my AR-15 and my Marine Corps NCO sword in with me. And no, I don't live in a trailer, but it just shows that no matter how many generations you go or how successful you are, it's hard to get that white trash out of your system.

I can't tell ya baby what went wrongI can't make you feel what you felt so long agoI'll let it showI can't give you back what's been hurtHeartaches come and go and all that's left are the wordsI can't let goIf we take some time to think it over babyTake some time, let me knowIf you really want to goDon't know what you got till it's goneDon't know what it is I did so wrongNow I know what I gotIt's just this songAnd it ain't easy to get backTakes so longI can't feel the things that cause you painI can't clear my heart of your love it falls like rainAin't the sameI hear you calling far awayTearing through my soul I just can't take another dayWho's to blameIf we take some time to think it over babyTake some time let me knowIf you really wanna goDon't know what you got till it's goneDon't know what it is I did so wrongNow I know what I gotIt's just this songAnd it ain't easy to get backTakes so longDo you wanna see me beggin' babyCan't you give me just one more dayCan't you see my heart's been draggin' latelyI've been lookin' for the words to sayDon't know what you got till it's goneDon't know what it is I did so wrongNow I know what I gotIt's just this songAnd it ain't easy to get backTakes so longDon't know what you got till it's gone noDon't know what it is I did so wrongNow I know what I gotIt's just this songAnd it ain't easy to get backTakes so long I didn't die. I broke up with life.

ooh, suited, no woman is ever going to love you enough to marry you. thats, thats sweet though, that you still have hope. good for you.
"It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday" - Boyz II Men
oH HelLZz YeAh!
My funeral is going to be fancy dress. Anyone not in costume won't be allowed in. The music will be cheesy party music, and while I am being lowered into the grave or whatever, Karma Chameleon by Culture Club will play and everyone will do a conga line and sing a long.
I wanna go to your funeral but I don't want you to die prematurely. Oh the conundrum.
ooh, suited, no woman is ever going to love you enough to marry you. thats, thats sweet though, that you still have hope. good for you.
yes that is possibly true, sal. but you have made the mistake that most of my enemies have made, at one point or another. you have ignorantly ignored mail order brides. yes, i plan to purchase an asian who will be my bangmaid. over time i will grow to love her, and her me. and our half slanty kids will love me too. for i will teach them the forgotten code of the samurai.

Every night in my dreamsI see you, I feel you,That is how I know you go onFar across the distanceAnd spaces between usYou have come to show you go onNear, far, wherever you areI believe that the heart does go onOnce more you open the doorAnd you're here in my heartAnd my heart will go on and onLove can touch us one timeAnd last for a lifetimeAnd never let go till were goneLove was when I loved youOne true time I hold toIn my life well always go onNear, far, wherever you areI believe that the heart does go onOnce more you open the doorAnd you're here in my heartAnd my heart will go on and onYou're here, there's nothing I fear,And I know that my heart will go onWell stay forever this wayYou are safe in my heartAnd my heart will go on and on