Captain Bible

I was just thinking about a game I used to play occasionally when I was younger. Has anyone else here been privileged enough to experience CAPTAIN BIBLE, the computer game?captainbibledmdrknss642hc8.pngcaptbib4.gifcaptbib3.gifHere is a description I wrote a long time ago:

Captain Bible involves retrieving verses from the bible and using them to defeat evil cybers that tell lies, to save victims from their sinful lives. I have the unregistered version, so I can only save one victim; a 'junky' who appears to have constructed a gigantic robot which sporadically injects a bright green drug into him. When it does this, his eyes bulge, his hair stands on end, and his jaw drops. An accurate representation then. The graphics are horrible, pixels are about 4mm x 6mm, so everything is chunky and distorted.Captain Bible has to find weapons to use during his journey. 3 separate verses will help him with this; one will give him the sword of spirit, another the shield of faith, and the other will warn him of traps and snares.The cybers, his enemies, will not attack him unless he tries to prove wrong one of their 'cyber lies' (these words flash glaringly in bright red everytime you try to confront the cyber). They can attack C.B. using either some kind of laser beam, laser web, or laser projectile. All of these can be defended by using his shield (not to be mistaken with the shield of faith, which does nothing special once gained). He uses his sword to defeat the foes (not to be mistaken with the sword of spirit, which also does nothing once gained).Strewn amongst the longer corridors in C.B's journey are more lasers. When he comes across one of these, he has to wait until it pauses before continuing. I don't see why they are there at all; they wouldn't be much protection if you can get past them. I suppose they're just there to irritate the player, as you have to journey back and forth along these corridors, which all look exactly the same, causing you to slowly go insane. If like me you are short of patience, you'll probably end up running through the lasers instead, and going to the nearest chapel before you run out of faith.That's right, when hit by one of the laser things, C.B. doesn't lose health, he loses faith. So every so often he will come across a small chapel, where he can pray, and stock up on more faith.Something else he comes across every so often is a communication center. These are usually guarded by a cyber, and sometimes also have locks on the doors, which you unlock using a verse as with the cybers, but no fighting is involved. When you get inside you are connected to a random Christian, who informs you that he (there are no females in the game so far) has been reading a passage in the bible and would like to understand it more. As Captain Bible, you must listen to their ideas about what the verse means, choose the correct one, and explain it further. They will then transmit the verse to you for further cyber eradication.
If that has whet your appetite, you can download the game by clicking this, as long as you're not a Vista faggot.If you don't want to download and play (idiot), then why not discuss it anyway. Are you a Christian? Do you think this game is a cool idea for educating young kids about god, or an absurd, tacky ploy that diminishes Christianity? If you're not a Christian, do you think this game is a blatant and pathetic attempt to indoctrinate children? I kinda do.
If you don't want to download and play (idiot), then why not discuss it anyway. Are you a Christian? Do you think this game is a cool idea for educating young kids about god, or an absurd, tacky ploy that diminishes Christianity? If you're not a Christian, do you think this game is a blatant and pathetic attempt to indoctrinate children? I kinda do.
LOL, this game sounds ****in' hilarious. I may mess around with it later on.And yeah, if I was a Christian I would probably find this game to be a terrible idea as far as "recruitment" goes.
LOL, this game sounds ****in' hilarious. I may mess around with it later on.And yeah, if I was a Christian I would probably find this game to be a terrible idea as far as "recruitment" goes.
I love how people think all Christians are on some sort of "recruiting" mission. Like we're out to "sign people up" for for something. LOL...sorry just made me laugh a little.
I love how people think all Christians are on some sort of "recruiting" mission. Like we're out to "sign people up" for for something. LOL...sorry just made me laugh a little.
I guess the reason we all think that is because it is often true. Today a guy was stood on our college campus, in horrible cold drizzly rain, with a crappy sign that said "Ask a Catholic a question". You think he would do that if he didn't think there was some possibility of winning another soul for his faith? I know a lot of Christians who respect my atheism and are happy to keep their beliefs to themselves, but I also know Christians who have done missions, either to poor countries or just urban community outreach, and the motivation is that they spread their religion to us 'unenlightened' folk.
captbib3.gif
I think I just found my Halloween costume. (Big red drug injector thing obv...)Speaking of atheism. My fiance and I are both atheist. We recently attended her sister's wedding (who is atheist) but is marrying a guy whose mother is a episcopalian (sp?) and is whatever their form of a priest is I guess. She did the ceremony last Sat. and it was kinda weird because they had a child out of wedlock and are getting married and she was all talking about how God works in mysterious ways sending this child and as I was standing up there I was thinking saying to myself "God must have thrown a wrench into the birth control plans that night also then" (unplanned obv). Anyhoo I didn't really have much of a point other than when we were leaving the hotel Sunday they left for their honeymoon and I said "who's taking the kid while yr away" and she said her new inlaws are taking him on vacation with them. I kept thinking about the Simpsons episode where the Flanders attempt to baptize Maggie. Diddly.
the majority of fundamentalists certainly are, which isn't surprising since it's a biblical mandate direct from jesus.
I guess the reason we all think that is because it is often true. Today a guy was stood on our college campus, in horrible cold drizzly rain, with a crappy sign that said "Ask a Catholic a question". You think he would do that if he didn't think there was some possibility of winning another soul for his faith? I know a lot of Christians who respect my atheism and are happy to keep their beliefs to themselves, but I also know Christians who have done missions, either to poor countries or just urban community outreach, and the motivation is that they spread their religion to us 'unenlightened' folk.
the majority of fundamentalists certainly are, which isn't surprising since it's a biblical mandate direct from jesus.
Relax you two, I was just laughing at the term "recruiting." Like all Christians are standing outside of Safeway's signing up people for heaven alongside the guys signing people up to receive the local newspaper. It's no wonder I don't post in this forum anymore, no one has a sense of humor in here lol.
Relax you two, I was just laughing at the term "recruiting." Like all Christians are standing outside of Safeway's signing up people for heaven alongside the guys signing people up to receive the local newspaper. It's no wonder I don't post in this forum anymore, no one has a sense of humor in here lol.
it's not funny.
I don't think that "all" Christians do it, though as it has already been said that's essentially what scripture says for Christians to do (naturally it can be phrased more sensitively, but that is what it will come down to when fancy phrasing is stripped away). On the contrary, I find that the goals, actions, and even beliefs of Christians as a whole vary so greatly that often I find it weird to think of them as actually believing in the same religion. I guess you're a non-recruitment Christian.As far as this particular scenario goes though, I just assume that you don't create a game like this one without "recruitment" on your mind on some level.
But...they do recruit.The reason nobody finds it funny isn't because they don't have senses of humor...it's because there was no joke involved. I mean...even your follow up example about pushing newspapers outside of a grocery store doesn't make any sense, since that really isn't recruiting. It's sales.Ok, maybe it's funny that you don't know what "recruiting" means. Now I get it.
I don't think that "all" Christians do it, though as it has already been said that's essentially what scripture says for Christians to do (naturally it can be phrased more sensitively, but that is what it will come down to when fancy phrasing is stripped away). On the contrary, I find that the goals, actions, and even beliefs of Christians as a whole vary so greatly that often I find it weird to think of them as actually believing in the same religion. I guess you're a non-recruitment Christian.As far as this particular scenario goes though, I just assume that you don't create a game like this one without "recruitment" on your mind on some level.
But...they do recruit.The reason nobody finds it funny isn't because they don't have senses of humor...it's because there was no joke involved. I mean...even your follow up example about pushing newspapers outside of a grocery store doesn't make any sense, since that really isn't recruiting. It's sales.Ok, maybe it's funny that you don't know what "recruiting" means. Now I get it.
I think a couple more hugs are in order...come on, get in here for the real thing :club:
Wait a minute....they still have Safeways?
To Lady Grey, and all others interested..check out this link... Angry Nintendo Nerd reviewing various bible games... it's He-sterical.
Aha!!I knew I wasn't the only guy in the world who watched his game reviews. I don't know if I should be proud for saying that, though :club:
Aha!!I knew I wasn't the only guy in the world who watched his game reviews. I don't know if I should be proud for saying that, though :club:
Meh, his fart jokes get pretty dumb after 3 seconds but when he's on, he's on! Classic clip obv.