Palin Is Becoming An Embarrasement To Her Own Party

If you talk about total political experience then they are similar, and fine, you want to give the edge to BHO because of size, fine. Its just not the right comparison to start with.
She was mayor of a town with a population of 6,000. This comprises most of her experience. She's been governor for less than two years, of a state with a population 1/20th that of Illinois. Size matters.
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and others have been using "pwned" (including you probably).Thanks for the substantive contribution.
I have never used "pwned" and wouldn't. However, you're still talking about a 22-year gap in slang relevance.
She was mayor of a town with a population of 6,000. This comprises most of her experience. She's been governor for less than two years, of a state with a population 1/20th that of Illinois. Size matters.
Not with 45-50% of the electorate....BHO should be running away with this election...He just can't poll the great
You're wrong to compare Palin to Obama, and wrong to suggest that Dems are criticizing Palin for being a woman. Dozens of times I've seen you and other people here say that Palin's experience and background in politics is similar to Obama's, and it's a joke. And I don't dislike Palin because she is a woman; I do however think that she was chosen largely because she is a woman. Regarding the question about democrats choosing Obama because he's black, refer to what I said about their relative experience, not to mention intelligence and common sense. I mean, he was running against Hillary - black man vs woman. No matter who had won you could have used your same argument, simply because the candidate is not a white male.You really think it's 'stupid' to criticize Palin's experience and qualifications (or lack thereof)? Really?? She was mayor of a tiny town for awhile, and has been governor of a tiny state for like 2 years.
I have never been a cheerleader of Palin. I dislike obama more for his ridiculous lies in other areas, such as tax cuts for 95% of americans. That is a lie, and only the first of many I take issue with. His single biggest issue in my book is health care. His health care plan is laughable, every bit of it.I dislike the idea of the redistribution of wealth, and increased taxes to pay for politician's earmarks. etc etc etc. I don't recall ever saying anything that you're accusing me of here with Palin. I'd be happy to admit I am wrong if you show me, but I doubt it.My point was how ridiculous it is for dems to mention the fact that she's a woman. It's also ridiculous to say she was nominated for political reasons. They were all nominated for political reasons, and her sex is as relevant as his race. It would be equally stupid for repubs to bring race into this like dems are bringing sex into this, but it would be disastrous for other reasons.I also don't recall saying its stupid to criticize her experience. Everything should be questioned that matters. I'm just saying her sex doesn't matter. That's all. I think you might have either misunderstood me or lumped me in with people like 85suited, etc. Not a big deal.
And BHO has been in the Senate for 3, most of which has been campaigning. He doesnt even do his job. His history is that every time he moves up he spends his time getting ready for the next move up.
I have never used "pwned" and wouldn't. However, you're still talking about a 22-year gap in slang relevance.
who gives a flying ****? Theres a 40 year old gap that addresses your meaningless posts.
Didn't she get elected gov the same election cycle Obama made it to the federal level for the first time?And isn't it common knowledge that with women, size doesn't matter?Pretty sure on the first one, hoping a lot on the second
What state was Bill Clinton from? How about Joe Biden, The best thing that state does is tax shelters for corporations, how about DNC Chairmain Howard Dean... It was OK to be from a small state when he was running in 2004,the very same thing you criticize the GOP ticket is the very same thing that is or has been wrong with the Democratics.. Ironic
And BHO has been in the Senate for 3, most of which has been campaigning. He doesnt even do his job. His history is that every time he moves up he spends his time getting ready for the next move up.
You mean when he's President, he'll be campaigning the whole time for Emperor of Earth? There goes my vote.
who gives a flying ****? Theres a 40 year old gap that addresses your meaningless posts.
You being out of touch isn't meaningless. If I can prove that you are, it qualifies as a substantive contribution. And I did, so you are, so it was. I don't understand the 40-year-old gap reference. Is this a riddle or an extremely clever jab that's flying over my head? Or did you just get rattled and typed nonsense? Where's this sense of humor you were chiding the liberals for missing thus claiming you own?Wait. I think I get it. The Israelites wandered the desert for 40 years before entering Canaan. It's a Rosh Hashanah shout out. Nice.
You mean when he's President, he'll be campaigning the whole time for Emperor of Earth? There goes my vote.You being out of touch isn't meaningless. If I can prove that you are, it qualifies as a substantive contribution. And I did, so you are, so it was. I don't understand the 40-year-old gap reference. Is this a riddle or an extremely clever jab that's flying over my head? Or did you just get rattled and typed nonsense? Where's this sense of humor you were chiding the liberals for missing thus claiming you own?Wait. I think I get it. The Israelites wandered the desert for 40 years before entering Canaan. It's a Rosh Hashanah shout out. Nice.
Nice one here.Very nice
You being out of touch isn't meaningless. If I can prove that you are, it qualifies as a substantive contribution. And I did, so you are, so it was.
You didnt prove shit. Anytime you want to debate on issues and not your weak sense of humor, try it. You never have, and I doubt youre capable.

I don't know what you guys are arguing about. Palin is an intellectual giant and political genius who has such a deep grasp of the state of the earth that she knows that she needs to pretend to be totally dumb and completely confused, so that the voters who want someone "like them" will elect her -- once in office she can come out of the closet and start winning nobel peace prizes, chess competitions, and political philosophy debates. But for the time being she's intentionally modeling her approach after Miss Teen South Carolina because she is in touch with the people and wouldn't do something as elitist as demonstrate her intelligence.

I don't know what you guys are arguing about. Palin is an intellectual giant and political genius who has such a deep grasp of the state of the earth that she knows that she needs to pretend to be totally dumb and completely confused, so that the voters who want someone "like them" will elect her -- once in office she can come out of the closet and start winning nobel peace prizes, chess competitions, and political philosophy debates. But for the time being she's intentionally modeling her approach after Miss Teen South Carolina because she is in touch with the people and wouldn't do something as elitist as demonstrate her intelligence.
huge level?
Replacing Palin's name with Algore, John Kerry, Dukakis, Pelosi, etc returns the same results.Notice I didn't include Obama...he's not capable of not being an elitist....
They dont say its similar, they say that her relevant experience is greater than Obama's, and that is not a joke. There is a huge difference betwen a legislative position and an executive position, and SP wins that comparison hands down. And since she is running for VP, she'll have 4 more years of experience if she runs for POTUS than BHO does now.There is a reason that governors and military leaders are more electable than Senators (and has anyone from the HoR ever been elected President?).As the GOP soundbite says, you cant vote "Present" when you're an executive. And you cant hide your vote behind 25 or 26 others in your own party.If you talk about total political experience then they are similar, and fine, you want to give the edge to BHO because of size, fine. Its just not the right comparison to start with.
The problem is that if only executive experience counts (which I do not buy at all) then you are basically saying that John McCain has no relevant experience either. Although, this is a good example of why people say Senators make terrible Presidential candidates. Unfortunately for Palin, Dan Quayle proved that morons make bad vice presidents.
He is...
ROFL. saking into account the Bradley effect in the swing states all of which are closer than the national polls, this race is a dead heat right now. You might not have heard that in post debate/post bail out polls JSM has even closed the national gap by a couple of points.
The problem is that if only executive experience counts (which I do not buy at all) then you are basically saying that John McCain has no relevant experience either. Although, this is a good example of why people say Senators make terrible Presidential candidates. Unfortunately for Palin, Dan Quayle proved that morons make bad vice presidents.
Good, I dont buy it either, when you put "at all" after it. You are also neglecting McCains military leadership.Dan Quayle is the smartest (IQ/book wise) POTUS or VPOTUS in my lifetime. He got unfairly slammed by the press and never had a chance to show whether he had real world abilities or not.
I don't believe for a moment that Palin is a moron. But she is out of her depth. I don't know if it would have been better or worse if the Republicans had thrown her in at the deep end and let her make dozens of interviews. For one thing, it's hard to tell if she's somebody that learns faster by doing or by studying. I do know that whatever made her so attractive to Alaskans as to give her such a high approval rating isn't coming through in her interviews. I have to believe there is something more substantive there than has come across so far. Maybe those right wing pundits are right and they should start just letting her be herself instead of trying to make her over into a McCain Mini-me.
ROFL. saking into account the Bradley effect in the swing states all of which are closer than the national polls, this race is a dead heat right now. You might not have heard that in post debate/post bail out polls JSM has even closed the national gap by a couple of points.
WrongGallup Tracking 09/27 - 09/29 2729 RV 49 43 Obama +6Rasmussen Tracking 09/27 - 09/29 3000 LV 51 45 Obama +6Hotline/FD Tracking 09/27 - 09/29 901 RV 47 41 Obama +6CBS News/NY Times 09/21 - 09/24 LV 48 43 Obama +5FOX News 09/22 - 09/23 900 RV 45 39 Obama +6Marist 09/22 - 09/23 689 LV 49 44 Obama +5EVEN Battlegroud has Obama +2... BATTLEGROUND! You know when they have Obama +2, Mccain has to be shitting bricks.The numbers don't lie! Those are just a few... do you want more?This is exactly where Obama wants to be at the end of September, exactly 5 weeks to go with early voting underway or starting soon in many states...It's also funny how everyone says that Palin has "fired up" the base... but in NC, VA, FL, CO, NV, MI (All Red States from last election) have been polling great for Obama. Even the latest poll out of Georgia has Mccain 52 Obama 44... Mccain is screwed is he has less than a double digit lead in GEORGIA with a month to go!Now I'm not saying that Obama is going to win all those states, but he is polling very well with a month left in this election.
WrongGallup Tracking 09/27 - 09/29 2729 RV 49 43 Obama +6Rasmussen Tracking 09/27 - 09/29 3000 LV 51 45 Obama +6Hotline/FD Tracking 09/27 - 09/29 901 RV 47 41 Obama +6CBS News/NY Times 09/21 - 09/24 LV 48 43 Obama +5FOX News 09/22 - 09/23 900 RV 45 39 Obama +6Marist 09/22 - 09/23 689 LV 49 44 Obama +5
Now look at the prior ones. Closing requires two, remember? CNN reported that he closed 2 points in the last 3 days. If CNN is wrong, my bad.
Uhhhh..how about results? You dont need interviews to learn about those.
I don't think you really read anything more than you want to. I said that whatever was giving her such high approval ratings in Alaska wasn't coming through in the interviews. And unfortunately for you all, results aren't as likely to be seen by the American public as interviews on TV.