Palin Is Becoming An Embarrasement To Her Own Party

It is one thing to say you won't vote for her because you think she can't handle the job.. That is you opinion ...but to take the next step is completely absurd. I wouldn't be surprised if she seriously has a nervous breakdown from all of the intense pressure she is under.are you going to naturalize to the US? just curious
It's my opinion and it's the truth. That's how I feel when watching her based on her body language. I feel like the pressure is immense on her to perform and I don't get the sense that she can handle it. It's not absurd to say that I think it's a possibility that the pressure affects her so much that she does, in fact, have a nervous breakdown. She is being ridiculed, trained, controlled, told what to do, being asked to remember a million things at the same time, etc. It's a lot for anyone to handle, even a hockey mom. I'm not saying it to be rude at all. It's not uncommon for people to lose it under immense stress.
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think she has been perfect by any means, but she has done well enough. All candidates have made miss steps here....
I really think you've got a very low standard for "well enough". My mom could have done that interview better than Palin did. Missteps are one thing; everyone makes mistakes when they are in the spotlight. Her answers to these questions have revealed a huge deficit in basic political competence.
It's my opinion and it's the truth. That's how I feel when watching her based on her body language. I feel like the pressure is immense on her to perform and I don't get the sense that she can handle it. It's not absurd to say that I think it's a possibility that the pressure affects her so much that she does, in fact, have a nervous breakdown. She is being ridiculed, trained, controlled, told what to do, being asked to remember a million things at the same time, etc. It's a lot for anyone to handle, even a hockey mom. I'm not saying it to be rude at all. It's not uncommon for people to lose it under immense stress.
This is reasonable, but why didn't you just say this from the start? You make these inflammatory posts then get pissy when people disagree with you.You used to DISCUSS politics, now you just throw out your BELIEFS but then don't participate in any constructive discussion.
She is being ridiculed, trained, controlled, told what to do, being asked to remember a million things at the same time, etc. It's a lot for anyone to handle, even a hockey mom. I'm not saying it to be rude at all. It's not uncommon for people to lose it under immense stress.
So is barak...Man he looks weary and is getting a grayer head of hair every day..... I think he is headed for a nervous breakdownit is the truth this is how I feel, I am sure there are others that feel the same way.
McCain took an incredibly huge gamble, in my opinion. He knew that she was raw in alot of ways, was a poltical unknown. But she has a folksy charisma that could appeal to americans. And, it certainly did give him a shot in the arm, at the time...But now, with each week, it becomes more and more painfully obvious how utterly unprepared she is for this kind of public role. I'm not certain that it's really all that important who a vice president is, because the job itself is nothing much more than a cheer leader and ultra campaigner for the president ( with appologies to Dick Cheney, who had a much stronger advisory role than almost any vp has had in history. He is the exception, not the rule.) The problem for the McCain campaign is that McCain is old. Like it or not, his mortality is an issue to voters. And every time Palin stands up there, says something stupid, and acts like a character from Best in Show, people think " Dear Christ, what if McCain has a heart attack.. what then?" The fact is, McCain took a huge, huge gamble, because he needed to, and I think that shows really questionable judgment on his part. He's willing to make such an important decision, in such a crassly political way, his only consideration in picking her was to shamelessly court Hillary voters. He should have done what every smart presidential candidate does.. picks some savvy governor or senator from some real swing state, who has real political experience. This whole thing seems like some bad Tom Hanks movie, where TH is the straight talking governor from North Dakota, who gets famous for some sassy political wisdom in a youtube video, then gets added to the presidential ticket at the last minute when the previous vp candidate is caught in some homosexual orgy. The Octogenarian President doesn't know much about him, other than he's wholesome and folksy and handsome, and then, 10 weeks after he's sworn in, the Octogenarian President has a heart attack and Tom has to go to summit with Kim Jong Ill and wackyness ensues. Except Wackiness won't ensue when it's Palin on the phone to Putin, trying to convince him to please, pretty please, pull those troops out of the Ukraine.
i pretty much agree with this 100%
I really think you've got a very low standard for "well enough". My mom could have done that interview better than Palin did. Missteps are one thing; everyone makes mistakes when they are in the spotlight. Her answers to these questions have revealed a huge deficit in basic political competence.
we will see thursday... I will be watching my cubs in the NL playoffs....and then checking the TIVO
fail? It was genius and you are just jealous because you didn't think of it first? :-) Care to admit that Palin has been awful in the interviews or would you prefer moving on to another subject that isn't quite so obvious? Or maybe an excuse! I love hearing those, sometimes you can come up with some real doozies :-)
no, fail because its already been done on a dozen left wing blogs.
I'm not going to even argue that. No sense really. Lots of embarrassing choices on both sides. Question is this: is there a Republican in here willing to claim that Palin hasn't embarrassed the party with her recent interviews?
I'm a Libertarian who can claim that your seemingly pathological obsession with the female vise presidential candidate- even when the dialog has moved well beyond her, you haven't- comes off as being identical to girlish cattiness and won't do much to dispel the whole 'gay' thing.
I don't read any blogs. Interesting that cop is reading left-wing blogs though. I'm sure it has occurred to others, it is a pretty obvious comparison, isn't it.
i actually read more right wing blogs than i do left wing, fwiw.
never once. Illl lay you 20:1 you cant find one.
tough to determine a winner since you rarely source your material lately.you did jump right in on the rush blog hilarity the other day, kiddo.
I don't read any blogs. Interesting that cop is reading left-wing blogs though. I'm sure it has occurred to others, it is a pretty obvious comparison, isn't it.
they are pretty damn entertaining.also this...
Know thine enemy.
I'm not going to even argue that. No sense really. Lots of embarrassing choices on both sides. Question is this: is there a Republican in here willing to claim that Palin hasn't embarrassed the party with her recent interviews? I can say unequivocally that the Biden gaffes, despite the fact that they were, in fact, expected, do embarrass the Obama campaign especially when he takes an opposing position to something Obama has said publicly. I also agree that Pelosi says some things that are just plain out of line and not helpful. This thread I started wasn't one to defend the Democratic party, it was started to discuss whether this woman is doing more damage to her party then good. The more she talks, the more she has been showing herself to be unprepared and incompetent in terms of the issues and the questions posed to her. She looks ridiculous and I wouldn't be surprised if she seriously has a nervous breakdown from all of the intense pressure she is under. I don't think she can handle it at all. As for Biden, ya he says dumb things too, but I do think he can handle the pressure, isn't afraid to be put on the spot, and could step in to lead this country in the event something happened to the president.
So you expected Biden to say dumb things, but you didn't expect it from Palin? I'm guessing that's not true, especially since the opposite is documented from the first day you ever heard the name Palin.

I don't feel bad for McCain. He made the choice to choose Palin when he knew that she wasn't the best candidate for the job. Even though I'm sure they knew that with her being so unqualified that she would make some blunders, I don't think they thought she would make this many. The excitement over this mystery woman continues the fizzle the more she opens her mouth. Of course there will be people that will vote for McCain because of her for various reasons. Whether it be because she's a woman or she's young or she's pretty. As Daniel mentioned before, people vote for various reasons. People will vote Obama because of the Letterman debacle or because Ashton Kutcher says they should. I do think that undecided informed voters will look through Palin and see her for what she is. An unqualified governor with no intelligence on any of the issues.

Of course there will be people that will vote for McCain because of her for various reasons. Whether it be because she's a woman or she's young or she's pretty.
Or because she reflects the core values of the GOP and galvanized a party that wasnt going to turn out. Either you underestimate her or JSM overestimated her. We'll find out Thursday.
Can any of you likely McCain voters truly say that you'd rather have Palin than Romney at this point? OUt side of the sack, I mean..
Outside of misspeaking and not interviewing well, what's wrong with her? How is she any worse than our current President?That was a bad interview but she's had plenty of good interviews, too.She was necessary to convince the conservatives McCain was on their side. Picking almost anybody else... Romney even, imo, would've worried the base.- TR
Outside of misspeaking and not interviewing well, what's wrong with her? How is she any worse than our current President?That was a bad interview but she's had plenty of good interviews, too.She was necessary to convince the conservatives McCain was on their side. Picking almost anybody else... Romney even, imo, would've worried the base.- TR
How would Romney have "worried" the base, he's as conservative as Palin.. unless you mean his religion would have worried the base. You should be less worried about the base, which will vote GOP anyway, and more worried about the swing voting moderates who decide elections that cringe everytome Palin speaks.