Palin Is Becoming An Embarrasement To Her Own Party

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, same way I'd never bet on the Yankees even if they're playing the Royals. Would you bet on Palin though?? Cuz I'd bet on Biden and then we'd have ourselves a bet :club: .
I wouldnt put money on either. The moderator is going to have a lot to do with it.

I have a question for Daniel.Daniel (or anyone else), if republicans totally sold out this election (or whatever democratic talking point/buzzword) by choosing Palin - a fucking woman - than answer me this.Did democrats sell out in the same way by nominating a black man? Do you see why this question can't really be asked of you?And don't worry. The same racial overtones you're upset by right now are the same ones I feel when you criticize Palin for being a woman (or inexperienced, or unqualified, or whatever stupid reasoning you use). Please explain to me where I'm wrong here.

First of all, there is no Constitutional separation of Church and State.
Uh, yeah there is. Specifically the following language of the 1st Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."
Uh, yeah there is. Specifically the following language of the 1st Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof . . ."
People like to toss out the term "Separation of Church and State" and use it incorrectly.My Point is we are talking about a 50 year old IRS Law PROHIBITING Church activity within the definition of Tax Exempt Charitable Activity. This is actually TRYING to eliminate "State" restrictions on Church activity.
Is there a place I can bet on them to both lose?
I think this will be a debate where both candidates will appear as though they are hooked up to an electric shock device. On the other end of these devices will be their respective campaign handlers ready to flip the switch and apply painful shocks when they start to stray from the scripted talking points.
I have a question for Daniel.Daniel (or anyone else), if republicans totally sold out this election (or whatever democratic talking point/buzzword) by choosing Palin - a fucking woman - than answer me this.Did democrats sell out in the same way by nominating a black man? Do you see why this question can't really be asked of you?And don't worry. The same racial overtones you're upset by right now are the same ones I feel when you criticize Palin for being a woman (or inexperienced, or unqualified, or whatever stupid reasoning you use). Please explain to me where I'm wrong here.
You're wrong to compare Palin to Obama, and wrong to suggest that Dems are criticizing Palin for being a woman. Dozens of times I've seen you and other people here say that Palin's experience and background in politics is similar to Obama's, and it's a joke. And I don't dislike Palin because she is a woman; I do however think that she was chosen largely because she is a woman. Regarding the question about democrats choosing Obama because he's black, refer to what I said about their relative experience, not to mention intelligence and common sense. I mean, he was running against Hillary - black man vs woman. No matter who had won you could have used your same argument, simply because the candidate is not a white male.You really think it's 'stupid' to criticize Palin's experience and qualifications (or lack thereof)? Really?? She was mayor of a tiny town for awhile, and has been governor of a tiny state for like 2 years.
If the base had a choice between McCain Romney or Obama Biden, while they might not like the choice, they'd still choose McCain IMO. I don't think it was necessary to excite a base that wasn't going the other way. I just don't see them voting for Obama, especially when their pastors are illegally telling them not to vote for Obama.
Daniel, I live in Chicago, Have friends that have attended the Trinity United Church of Christ, please don't think that this only goes on in white churches...Do you ever stop and re read your posts before you click "add reply"Do you ever stop and think before you post such blatant cheerleader nonsense "does my candidate or party do the things I am accusing McCain/GOP of?"Obviously Not
Not church activityPolitical activityDo you really think that church is the place for politics?
What I don't understand is why a pastor who endorses a republican candidate is threatened with losing tax exempt status but there is no problem with the democratic candidate giving a speech from the pulpit. :club:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2...h_urges_fa.html
What I don't understand is why a pastor who endorses a republican candidate is threatened with losing tax exempt but have no problem with the democratic candidate giving a speech from the pulpit. :club:http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2...h_urges_fa.html
Ask Daniel - He seems to know all
Daniel, I live in Chicago, Have friends that have attended the Trinity United Church of Christ, please don't think that this only goes on in white churches...Do you ever stop and re read your posts before you click "add reply"Do you ever stop and think before you post such blatant cheerleader nonsense "does my candidate or party do the things I am accusing McCain/GOP of?"Obviously Not
No, he has to be called on it and then comes back and says "I never said it didn't apply to the Dems. Of course this applies to the Dems, just not as much"
I'M YELLING TO HELP YOU SEE MY SIDE OF THINGS!!!
You're wrong to compare Palin to Obama, and wrong to suggest that Dems are criticizing Palin for being a woman. Dozens of times I've seen you and other people here say that Palin's experience and background in politics is similar to Obama's, and it's a joke.
They dont say its similar, they say that her relevant experience is greater than Obama's, and that is not a joke. There is a huge difference betwen a legislative position and an executive position, and SP wins that comparison hands down. And since she is running for VP, she'll have 4 more years of experience if she runs for POTUS than BHO does now.There is a reason that governors and military leaders are more electable than Senators (and has anyone from the HoR ever been elected President?).As the GOP soundbite says, you cant vote "Present" when you're an executive. And you cant hide your vote behind 25 or 26 others in your own party.If you talk about total political experience then they are similar, and fine, you want to give the edge to BHO because of size, fine. Its just not the right comparison to start with.
There is a huge difference betwen a legislative position and an executive position, and SP wins that comparison hands down.
Senator from Illinois > Governor of Alaska ...at least in my world.
As a former viewer of Northern Exposure, your comment makes no sense.
My US Senator has been off traveling the US & World Campaigning for 19 months instead of doing his job....