2008-09 Cheap Thieves

Gonchar will attempt rehab without surgery.
NNNNNNNNNegatory.Sergei Gonchar will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated shoulder.This is bad news for Pittsburgh and Gonchar owners alike, as it will sideline the offensive rearguard for four-to-six months. TSN is reporting he will have arthroscopic surgery this week. Gonchar was hit into the boards by Tampa Bay forward David Koci in an exhibition game. Adjust your lineup accordingly. Sep. 29 - 6:22 pm et
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NNNNNNNNNegatory.Sergei Gonchar will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated shoulder.This is bad news for Pittsburgh and Gonchar owners alike, as it will sideline the offensive rearguard for four-to-six months. TSN is reporting he will have arthroscopic surgery this week. Gonchar was hit into the boards by Tampa Bay forward David Koci in an exhibition game. Adjust your lineup accordingly. Sep. 29 - 6:22 pm et
pfft welcome to yesterday.
The Pittsburgh fans arent worried, if you listen to them GOGO is the next coming of Hal Gill.
I'll just wait until the end of year standings to see whether or not the Penguins can survive an injury.
Injuries only count when it happens to the leafs....
Injuries only count when it happens to the leafs....
Over the last three year the City of Toronto have been proportianetly more injured than any other sports city in North America..True story...
Over the last three year the City of Toronto have been proportianetly more injured than any other sports city in North America..True story...
Source?
I believe injured players have to actually miss an NHL game before Yahoo places them on the IR.
It's strange how Yahoo does it... maybe they wait for the team to actually place the player on IR. Erik Johnson has been moved.
It's strange how Yahoo does it... maybe they wait for the team to actually place the player on IR. Erik Johnson has been moved.
Hmm, hadn't noticed that. Yahoo has never been the model of consistency when it comes to their fantasy games and supporting them, but at least they're free.
That's why Havlat should be traded to the Leafs. We'll take Steen in return.

2007-08 Final Stats for Cheap ThievesRecord 52-27-3= 107 points (4th)Goals For: 233 (4th)Goals Against (luckiest): 163 (2nd)Forwards: 252.5 (4th)Defense: 52.5 (12th)Goalies: 200 (1st)+/-: 205.0 (4th) Expect similar numbers from this year's team with a possible boost on defense from Liles and Goligoski. Goaltending should remain a strength and the forward corp, without Jussi Jokinen and Alexei Kovalev shouldn't miss a beat with an influx of young talent coming up from the farm. As for the team record, don't be surprised to see a 110 point campaign and another division title.

Report out of Montreal is that Alexei Kovalev took a shift on defence in practice..We are looking at declaring him a defenceman..stay tuned

Report out of Montreal is that Alexei Kovalev took a shift on defence in practice..We are looking at declaring him a defenceman..stay tuned
Federov may be a D-man this year... And for the record, after predicting a big year for Kovalev last year, I actually expect a bigger year this year.
Federov may be a D-man this year... And for the record, after predicting a big year for Kovalev last year, I actually expect a bigger year this year.
And Ian White is playing forward now...I have made some outrageous predictions but there is NO WAY that Kovalev will repeat what he did last year..NO WAY
From Boudreau:"If Sergei can play defense, we wanted him to get some sort of an idea of how we play on defense," the coach said. "Nothing more than that. We might try him on defense for [today's] game, just to get him a feel for it in case he has to go back there someday. I was just thinking outside the box."
From Boudreau:"If Sergei can play defense, we wanted him to get some sort of an idea of how we play on defense," the coach said. "Nothing more than that. We might try him on defense for [today's] game, just to get him a feel for it in case he has to go back there someday. I was just thinking outside the box."
There is more to it than that. The caps may carry only six d-men this season, meaning one down and Federov plays D. Also, it has been suggested in the dressing room that against teams where they feel they need more Offense, they may play Federov on D as well..

Average age of team is the youngest in team history with the recent call-upsDEFENSE:D Aaron Ward BOS 35D Steve Staios EDM 35D Roman Hamrlik MON 34D Toni Lydman BUF 31D Tom Poti WAS 31D Cory Murphy FLA 30D John Michael Liles COL 27D Brent Seabrook CHI 23D Alex Goligoski PIT 22D Marc-Edouard Vlasic SJ 21D Kris Russell CLB 21Average Age: 28.2FORWARDS:F Eric Belanger MIN 30F Olli Jokinen FLA 29 F Jason Chimera CLB 29 F Simon Gagne PHI 28F Henrik Sedin VAN 28F Ryan Malone PIT 28F Raffi Torres EDM 26F Jason Pominville BUF 25F Lee Stempniak STL 25F Alexander Semin WAS 24F Corey Perry ANA 23F Andrei Kostitsyn MON 23F Anze Kopitar LA 21F Petr Kalus MIN 21F Bobby Ryan ANA 21F T.J. Oshie STL 21F Kyle Okposo NYI 20Average Age: 24.8

New members of the team:17th D Jake Gardiner, ANA (had him ranked 2nd on my list) He was drafted 17th overall this year and is an offensive defenseman. Just 18 years old, he's a few years away but should be a key part of the team when guys like Pronger and Niedermayer are gone.37th D Brandon Burlon, NJ. (had him ranked 15th on my list) The 52nd overall pick in this years draft, an 18 year old offensive defenseman that's several years away, but the Devils don't really have any other scoring options from the blueline to speak of.57th F Evgeny Gravchev, NYR. (had him ranked 19th on my list) A boom or bust pick, the Rangers grabbed him 75th in this years draft, the 18 year old is a boom or bust pick with a ton of offensive potential. There is a danger he stays in Russia for his career, but he is playing in the OHL this season.77th D Michael Ratchuk, PHI. (had him ranked 25th on my list) At 21 years old, Ratchuk was the 42nd overall pick in 2006 and is a small guy, 5' 10" 175, but is lightning quick and is purely an offensive d-man. With Parent being ahead of him on the depth chart, he won't be a factor for about two years at least. He also isn't guaranteed to be an NHL player because of his size, but if he sticks, it will be for his offensive upside.I JUST missed out on D Cody Goloubef, CLB. as he went 56th overall and I was DEFINITELY taking him instead of Gravchev. Gravchev would have been available at 77th I think.

Roman Hamrlik-D- Canadiens Oct. 4 - 9:54 pm et Roman Hamrlik garnered over 23 minutes of ice-time in Saturday night's contest against the Wild.With Mark Streit leaving via free agency, Hamrlik looks like he will be the complement to Andrei Markov on the Habs power-play unit this season. Streit picked up 62 points while playing alongside Markov last season and Hamrlik could possibly finish in that range as well. Hamrlik could be a late-round steal in most fantasy hockey leagues, so definitely put a star beside his name if he becomes available in your drafts or waiver wire.