2008-09 Cheap Thieves

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap Thieves become first team in the AHL this season to clinch a division title by winning 15 of their last 16 games! I was trying to bet someone that I'd be the first and got no takers. Finishing the season is just a formality now, as the Thieves will now await the winner of the Ghosts of Elvis/Rug Rats series in the playoffs. Yay team!

• 3 weeks later...
You've got to be pretty happy having Jokinen now lined up with Iginla and Cammalleri.
Ya hope he stays there. Not sure what it does to my lineups for the playoffs, though, will have to recheck them. Before the move I had full lineups each night, interesting to see if Calgary plays on nights I'll need them to.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Cheap Thieves announced today that they've come to terms with restricted free agent Kyle Okposo to a five year deal, reportedly worth $2.50 per year. "I'm happy to be with the big club obviously," said Okposo, "and I really think with Tavares in the mix this year on the Island that it will help our powerplay and I'm looking forward to building on my rookie season." By league standards, this appears to be a bargain for the Thieves organization as Okposo is a player with loads of potential to one day reach superstardom. "You just don't find guys like Kyle Okposo around very often. A tough player with a nose for the net, so when we came to terms with him we told him we want him to be with the team for life. He showed commitment to us by signing long term and I'm excited to see what he'll do this season for us," said Negreanu from his home in Las Vegas. In other news, the team also made a few minor transactions, officially releasing defenceman Roman Hamrlik and his bloated contract, while signing Dallas forward Steve Ott to a one year deal worth $0.50. Negotiations are still ongoing with the following players, but it's expected that a decision will be made soon in all cases:Alex Goligoski PITKris Russell CLBMarc-Edouard Vlasic SJToni Lydman BUFOlli Jokinen CALAndrei Kostitsyn MONP.J. Axelsson BOSJason Chimera CLBJim Slater ATLChris Thornburn ATL

Two minor off season deals:1) As promised, the team swapped Chicago back over to Ravag in return for San Jose goalies.2) Since San Jose was more expensive, The Thieves traded 1.50 next season for 1.50 this season

Two minor off season deals:1) As promised, the team swapped Chicago back over to Ravag in return for San Jose goalies.2) Since San Jose was more expensive, The Thieves traded 1.50 next season for 1.50 this season
This was a deal you made last January, right? So, you guys made the deal in January and promised to switch back in the offseason? Not to sound like an ass, but couldn't I then trade someone Weiss, Morrow and Zajac today, and they promise to give them back to me next offseason, and in exchange for the rental, I get a first round pick?
This was a deal you made last January, right? So, you guys made the deal in January and promised to switch back in the offseason? Not to sound like an ass, but couldn't I then trade someone Weiss, Morrow and Zajac today, and they promise to give them back to me next offseason, and in exchange for the rental, I get a first round pick?
Sure, you can do that, but he doesn't HAVE to honor the deal at all. You'd have to trust him.
Plus either side of the deal can be voted on if people think it's too one sided and unfair at the time that it's made in case there is a whiff of collusion.

Open challenge to the Cheap Thieves.With the acquisition of two new owners who will take time to get used to things, and the always clueless Gothic, I am gunning for you Mr Negreanu.I would be very careful if I were you.