2008-09 Cheap Thieves

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHL EAST STANDINGS:Cheap Thieves 42-20-1= 85Rug Rats 37-24-2= 76Ghosts of Elvis 30-32-1= 61Mustangs 25-32-6= 56Canadian Gothic 25-36-2= 52 The Cheap Thieves have won 8 straight games and face off against the Canadian Gothic on February 3rd.BEST RECORD in THE LEAGUE RACE:The Big M's: 89Cheap Thieves: 85Screamin' Eagles: 85Dawgs: 82Shoot Loose: 81RACE FOR the FIRST OVERALL PICK:Smokin' T-Birds: 30Smugglers: 43Bandits: 44Canadian Gothic 52(They also happen to be the four expansion teams)CLOSEST PLAYOFF RACES:Ghosts of Elvis have a 5 point lead over Mustangs for 3rd in the EASTRavag have a 7 point lead over PKDealers for 3rd in the SOUTHShoot Loose have a 5 point lead over Purple Hearts for 1st in the WEST

Recently the owner of the Cheap Thieves has been trying to "cheat" the rest of the AHL..He posted in the trade thread that he has Sergei Zubov available for trade. This is just downright silly...Zubov is out for the year, and trying to trade him while not illegal, its unethical to say the least..I have two powerhouses that i am stuck with in Sakic and Kariya..I havent tried to trade them for obvious reasons...It paints a black eye on the underhanded tactics of the Thieves owner.

Recently the owner of the Cheap Thieves has been trying to "cheat" the rest of the AHL..He posted in the trade thread that he has Sergei Zubov available for trade. This is just downright silly...Zubov is out for the year, and trying to trade him while not illegal, its unethical to say the least..I have two powerhouses that i am stuck with in Sakic and Kariya..I havent tried to trade them for obvious reasons...It paints a black eye on the underhanded tactics of the Thieves owner.

Someone might want him for next year?Someone might want him for next year?Someone might want him for next year?
Not a chance at $17.75 contract...

The Cheap Thieves posted that Zubov was available for trade. Is this a lie? Is he not available? If someone was to approach Daniel with interest than Daniel may tell that GM that Zubov is injured. Personally, I don't even think Daniel is responsible for informing anyone of Zubov's status...it's not like the information isn't readily available. GMs should do their homework.This is just Serge's perpetual pursuit of permanent assdom.

The Cheap Thieves posted that Zubov was available for trade. Is this a lie? Is he not available? If someone was to approach Daniel with interest than Daniel may tell that GM that Zubov is injured. Personally, I don't even think Daniel is responsible for informing anyone of Zubov's status...it's not like the information isn't readily available. GMs should do their homework.This is just Serge's perpetual pursuit of permanent assdom.
Yes its not a lie and its not illegal..However its underhanded and sneaky what he is trying to pull off...It is his intention to try and trick some unsuspecting GM into a bad trade..Not all the GMs in our league follow every transaction and news story like some of us...Its a perfect example of what an angle shooter does.
Yes its not a lie and its not illegal..However its underhanded and sneaky what he is trying to pull off...It is his intention to try and trick some unsuspecting GM into a bad trade..Not all the GMs in our league follow every transaction and news story like some of us...Its a perfect example of what an angle shooter does.
You are making a huge assumption that he has no intention of informing any interested GM. huge assumptions = huge assI think exceeding the salary cap is much more of an angle shoot.
You are making a huge assumption that he has no intention of informing any interested GM. huge assumptions = huge assI think exceeding the salary cap is much more of an angle shoot.
there you go again..CAC LOVER
there you go again..CAC LOVER
I bet you sound it out when you type CAC. I bet you love the shape your mouth makes when you're sounding it out. It's curiously funny that you would see CAC on a hockey jersey and immediately associate it with cock.
I bet you sound it out when you type CAC. I bet you love the shape your mouth makes when you're sounding it out. It's curiously funny that you would see CAC on a hockey jersey and immediately associate it with cock.
I wasnt the genious who decided to put CAC on the front of my jersey.
Where DO you put it?
I am actually enjoying your retorts today..You are on your toes and more witty than usual..It must be the losing of the CAC team lately.
If there are GM's in your league that don't know that Zubov is out for the year, or don't know of a site where they can gather this information, they deserve to be duped. Period.Mickey mouse league, if that's the case.
If there are GM's in your league that don't know that Zubov is out for the year, or don't know of a site where they can gather this information, they deserve to be duped. Period.Mickey mouse league, if that's the case.
we have Gm's in the league that didnt know how to use a computer up until a couple of years ago.
You are nuts! I'm willing to basically give him away if anyone wanted him. I would take $0.25 in cap room!

Thieves over Gothic for 9th straight win.... I believe that's a team record. 18 games left in the season and the Thieves have a 31 point lead over the Mustangs for the last playoff spot. Could clinch soon... congrats to the Eagles for being the first team to clinch a playoff berth. More importantly, the Thieves now have an 11 point lead over the Rats for the division crown and a first round bye.MAGIC NUMBER: 13 (total number of wins and losses for either the Rug Rats and Cheap Thieves that would clinch the division)

Some minor waiver moves set up the Cheap Thieves so that they will have a full lineup in every single playoff game. The team released D Sergei Zubov, DAL. out for the season, and F Stephane Yelle, BOS. who didn't figure into any playoff games for the team. The team picked up:D Steve Staios, EDM.- Staios started the season as a Thief, but as the Thieves defense improved they no longer needed his services. With injuries to Andy Sutton and Sergei Zubov, though, Staios will figure into a couple playoff games.F Chris Thornburn, ATL. The team already has Jim Slater on the team but he is currently sidelined with an injury. Atlanta is an absolute mess, but Thornburn has been given more playing time on a scoring line which could provide some offense for the Thieves in the playoffs. After Feb 12th at least one roster spot will need to open up, and that will mean that either Slater or Thornburn will be dumped in favor of Bobby Ryan, ANA. Unless both Ryan and T.J. Oshie are scheduled to be in the lineup at the same time, based on the rules Ryan can be sent down when Oshie plays, and vice versa. Those will likely be the only two farm hands that will see action in the playoffs for a Cheap Thieves team totally prepared for a deep playoff run.Goalies in every game6 forwards in every game4 defensemen in every game

I read somewhere the other day that Thorburn will be moved to the top line with Peverly and Kovalchuk.Nice pickup if he sticks there.
I read that on Rotoworld also and is why I decided to give him a shot... Thieves win 10 in a row!!! Longest streak in franchise history. With the win, the Thieves clinch a playoff birth and see their magic number drop to 11 with 17 games left to play in the regular season.