I thought last night's episode was great except the ending. But...I always find The Office funnier on the second watch so maybe I will like the ending when I rewatch it. But on the third viewing, it loses its appeal. Does anyone else notice this? First watch of an episode = good, second watch of an episode = hysterical, third watch = tired.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I thought it was a weak episode. The gift wrapped desk, and Toby buying the black doll were funny. I didn't like the Moroccan themed Christmas at all, although I laughed when Michael told Kelly this is how Christmas would be if she never left India. Creed's hookah was nice too.I'm pushing for Angela to be head of the party planning committee again. Phyllis is a dick.
The only thing Phyllis was doing was everything that Angela did to her over the years. Angela deserved to be treated that badly, and I was actually happy to see Phyllis finally stand up to her.

Yeah, I agree Angela had it coming and it was good to see, but Phyllis' Moroccan theme is what earns her dick status. I love Christmas episodes and this one didn't deliver. The Yankee Swap episode from season 2 is still one of my all time faves.

I thought last night's episode was great except the ending. But...I always find The Office funnier on the second watch so maybe I will like the ending when I rewatch it. But on the third viewing, it loses its appeal. Does anyone else notice this? First watch of an episode = good, second watch of an episode = hysterical, third watch = tired.
Yea I've tried getting people into the show and when I sit down to watch it with them, it's not funny.
i think maybe you have too much free time

I actually thought the ending was one of the funniest parts, bringing it back to the UK show where there used to be long, awkward, and hilarious silences all the time. On a related note, the Ricky Gervais podcasts with Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington are the funniest thing anybody has ever created.

I actually thought the ending was one of the funniest parts, bringing it back to the UK show where there used to be long, awkward, and hilarious silences all the time.
I didn't necessarily find the long, awkward moment at the end to be hilarious. You feel pretty bad for Andy. In fact, I only recall one other episode ending on such a dour note.
I didn't necessarily find the long, awkward moment at the end to be hilarious. You feel pretty bad for Andy. In fact, I only recall one other episode ending on such a dour note.
You're right it maybe wasn't hilarious (I still thought it was pretty funny though), but it was a long awkward silence, and on the UK show the long awkward silences were usually hilarious. I was just saying how it reminded me of the old show.
~*~*~There's a place in France where the naked ladies dance~*~*~
Angela: I can't believe you would mention nudity and France at Christmas time. LOLAlso, Theresa, you are wrong. The Office just gets better and better, like fine wine. I thought you drove a Scion? When did you get a Beetle?
Also, Theresa, you are wrong. The Office just gets better and better, like fine wine. I thought you drove a Scion? When did you get a Beetle?
I'm the same way. The more I watch the episodes the more I notice the subtleties of humor that are dispersed throughout them.
i think maybe you have too much free time
I record the office on my DVR. There is really only 2 shows I watch, The Office and Top Chef. And yes, the past month or so I have had more time then usual on my hands (son moved out 7 months ago and bf and I have been over for about 6 weeks or so.)
Angela: I can't believe you would mention nudity and France at Christmas time. LOLAlso, Theresa, you are wrong. The Office just gets better and better, like fine wine. I thought you drove a Scion? When did you get a Beetle?
I bought the Scion with the intention of giving it to my son, which I did back in March of 2007. I bought a Beetle convertible and I absolutely love it.

It may be because I had a couple drinks, but I haven't laughed at any recent episodes as much as this one, especially the first 15 mins or so... but I think this might've been the funniest of the season.

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight's episode was clearly a plot mover type show... but I think that they forgot that it was supposed to be a comedy. I don't remember laughing the entire episode.Very disappointed.

the show is kicked. Last nites episode was really terrible. Should of ended after season 3.
I totally disagree that the show has jumped the shark.
guess i'm the only person who really loves this show still.
This isn't correct. I love the show. It's still #1 for me.