Serge's Anti- Pens, Habs, Sens Thread

Yeah, I agree with that entirely. Sid does things I don't like sometimes, but he gets ass-raped for every little thing he does. Imagine if Sid scored a relatively meaningless goal to give his team a 3-goal lead and he skated around slamming into the glass, celebrating over the top? The internet would explode.AO is a hell of a player, though, I agree, and I feel no jealousy towards him being on the Caps, like everyone else in the league seems to feel towards Sid.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please keep any anti-Montreal trolling to this thread only   It really is annoying when it's in multiple threads and it's why this one exists.

don't understand why everyone has to bash Crosby. Every person who isn't a Penguins fan bashes himAO is a hell of a player, though, I agree, and I feel no jealousy towards him being on the Caps, like everyone else in the league seems to feel towards Sid.
Really? I dont see a lot of hatred/disdain towards Crosby in my hockey circles. Most of the guys I play hockey with, or do pools with like Crosby, and none are Pens fans. But I do think there is a preference for Ovechkin, because he is portrayed as tougher, more willing to hit and be hit, whereas Crosby shows a bit of a tendency to dive. And personally, what I have seen lends itself to this argument. I love Crosby, his smarts/passing are the things I respect more than others, but I still say he is quicker to drop than he should be.like I've always said, dont like to compare the best players. Just enjoy for the talents they are.Personally, I find Malkin gets forgotten a lot in that convo, and he should be there.A friend mentioned last night, in talking about a pool we do, that we wont have Malkin/Ovechkin/Crosby type keepers in our pool soon the way our pool minor draft is now structured. I told him, I dont think in 30 years I have seen a more talented 3 in the NHL come in at the same time, so of course not, has nothing to do with a hockey pool!!! As hockey fans, I think we are incredibly blessed, and thats not even counting the Datsyuks of the world.

Ovechkin is so much more exciting to watch than Crosby, Malikn is also more exciting to watch than Crosby. It's all about entertainment. Crosby is boring to listen to because he repeats the same cliches day in and day out. Ovechkin's personality is intoxicating, he doesn't come off as arrogant for his celebrations because they are authentic.Plus they hyped up Crosby to be 1.5 times better than everybody, the next Wayne, 200 points, yada. Turns out he's on par with Malkin and Ovy.

Being a maritimer and seeing Crosby as a minor hockey player I definitely have a bias towards liking Crosby. I think he is a great talent and is great for the NHL. I would want him on my team anyday.He has wined a couple of times which wouldn't be any more than anyone else in the league (on average). The problem is he is under a microscope and everything gets maginfied. Also he has the puck more ofter than the rest of the League so he gets hooked, tripped, slashed whatever more than anyone else.There are bigger divers in the league. On the Sabres alone I would say Roy and Briere are way worst for diving than Crosby.The best thing for Crosby to do is realize the Rep he is getting so don't even think about diving, shut the fuck up and just do his job. You get no breaks from the Ref is they think you are a diver or sook. He really needs to get a better rep with the refs, the rest of the league and the fans.

Really? I dont see a lot of hatred/disdain towards Crosby in my hockey circles. Most of the guys I play hockey with, or do pools with like Crosby, and none are Pens fans. But I do think there is a preference for Ovechkin, because he is portrayed as tougher, more willing to hit and be hit, whereas Crosby shows a bit of a tendency to dive. And personally, what I have seen lends itself to this argument. I love Crosby, his smarts/passing are the things I respect more than others, but I still say he is quicker to drop than he should be.like I've always said, dont like to compare the best players. Just enjoy for the talents they are.Personally, I find Malkin gets forgotten a lot in that convo, and he should be there.A friend mentioned last night, in talking about a pool we do, that we wont have Malkin/Ovechkin/Crosby type keepers in our pool soon the way our pool minor draft is now structured. I told him, I dont think in 30 years I have seen a more talented 3 in the NHL come in at the same time, so of course not, has nothing to do with a hockey pool!!! As hockey fans, I think we are incredibly blessed, and thats not even counting the Datsyuks of the world.
You're probably right. Smart hockey fans understand what his so special about Crosby, and I imagine that's the majority of your pools and hockey circles, like it is with the vast majority of the people who post in this forum. But some of the other, um, retarded people (who also happen to be the majority of people on this earth) on other forums and even some of the hacks who somehow lucked into a professional writer's gig simply can't get past whatever little hatred they have for him because he carries himself as a pro off the ice, and speaks to other players, and referees the same amount as any other player, specifically captain, in the NHL. He is under the microscope, and I doubt that's a good thing. It's not his fault he was hyped, it's not his fault he isn't "exciting" in interviews. He's here to play hockey, and he does a damn fine job of that. The fact that writers go out of their way to blow tiny things out of proportion towards him is ridiculous. I'm telling you right now, if Crosby celebrated a meaningless goal the way Ovechkin does, or goes off in the media about how he doesn't think Alex Semin is a good player, the entire internet would cease to exist. It would implode.Having said all that, I 100% agree with the bolded part of your post. I enjoy watching Ovechkin play, I love watching Sid and Geno play. I love watching Datsyuk, etc. The amount of talent these guys all have is unreal, and to impart any sort of negativity towards any of them is just a waste of energy. Use that energy to enjoy their games, and stop going out of your way to put down one of the best players in the game right now. It's NOT good for the game of hockey.

This is a prime example of how retarded people are:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,144703Adam Burish: "I don't know who Sidney Crosby is." Enjoy life on the 4th line... that is if you're not a healthy scratch?Imagine what would happen if Sid went out of his way to say something like that, LOL. Have some class.

No, you're cool.
I know he is good, very good, I just don't agree that he is the best. I think there are 3 or 4 others who have a legitimate chance to compete for that label. That's my only point. I mean, I won't lie, I don't like him as a person. I wouldn't probably be friends with him if we were just two guys who knew each other. That doesn't have anything to do with him as a player though. I don't like AO either so that is not an issue. But you talk about the media and the things they write about that are bad or put him in a negative light. Same can be said for Pittsburgh media, for putting him too high on a pedestal. It's the nature of the game and there is no sense getting upset about it. People trash Lebron in the media and Cleveland touts him as a God. It's just the nature of sports in North America, hell, the world. As a Wings fan it gets a little old hearing about those two to be honest. Real old. We have one guy on our team who arguably is just as good.

Oh yeah, I think we're on the same page. I don't think he's the best player either. I don't think it's clear at all. You'll notice I included Datsyuk's name in one of my previous posts on the subject as well. I think there's a handful of guys in the league who could compete for being the top player in the NHL.I think it's equally funny when so-called "experts" say Ovechkin is dominating, or is clearly the best, etc. He might be the best, but it's certainly not "clear" or "dominant", imho.

Ovechkin is so much more exciting to watch than Crosby, Malikn is also more exciting to watch than Crosby. It's all about entertainment. Crosby is boring to listen to because he repeats the same cliches day in and day out. Ovechkin's personality is intoxicating, he doesn't come off as arrogant for his celebrations because they are authentic.Plus they hyped up Crosby to be 1.5 times better than everybody, the next Wayne, 200 points, yada. Turns out he's on par with Malkin and Ovy.
The authenticity is what makes him arrogant. If they weren't authentic then he'd just be a douche who is rubbing it in on purpose, which is a whole different bag of oranges. I really think he cares more about personal stats than the team doing well, and over-the-top celebrations after meaningless goals is a good indicator of that.I agree with everyone being let down by Crosby. I think that be playing a big part in the negativity towards him.
This is a prime example of how retarded people are:http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,144703Adam Burish: "I don't know who Sidney Crosby is." Enjoy life on the 4th line... that is if you're not a healthy scratch?Imagine what would happen if Sid went out of his way to say something like that, LOL. Have some class.
He was trying to be funny for the girl interviewing him. By the way, I don't think he has been a healthy scratch all year.
He was trying to be funny for the girl interviewing him. By the way, I don't think he has been a healthy scratch all year.
Yeah, I know, but the post I read spun it a different way. :)I just looked up his numbers before I posted too, and he only played 40-something games, didn't feel the need to look for injuries.I suck.Best of luck tonight, I'm scared shitless of the Hawks this year. Especially without Sid in the lineup. At least Sharpie is still missing for you guys.
Yeah, I know, but the post I read spun it a different way. :)I just looked up his numbers before I posted too, and he only played 40-something games, didn't feel the need to look for injuries.I suck.Best of luck tonight, I'm scared shitless of the Hawks this year. Especially without Sid in the lineup. At least Sharpie is still missing for you guys.
He missed 16 games with a foot injury this year, but no healthy scratches. He's also the team's "Ladies Man." He's just a fun guy and likes to joke around. He seems to love giving interviews.

Might be the first time I've ever seen Cherry talking about something I agree with. He basically summed up exactly what I've been saying in this thread, about the Sid vs Ovechkin double standards, heh. I guess that means I'm wrong, because I NEVER agree with Don.

Speaking of Cherry...Tonight he was up to his old self trying to create controversy..This is what he said:The Detroit Red Wings play boring hockey and thats why they cant sell out. European hockey while succesful is boring...They dont hit, they dont fight and they dont have a Probert,Kocur or McCarty anymore.It was interesting

Great game for the Habs...Good thing Gainey didnt do anything , because the lineup they have is Stanley Cup Worthy..LOL..what a tool...Good thing is that Price is signed for next year , for a measly $2.2 million..Not bad for a goalie with a 5.00 GAA....NA NA FRIGGIN NA..BYE BYE

Some interesting numbers for Carey Price, the hot shot saviour goalie for the Habs:In the calendar year of 2009 here are some stats:Record: 2-11-1Gaa 3.91Sv% .873Its unfortunate that Price's agent wasnt able to negotiate a contract extension for Price in December while he was still perceived as an NHL goalie. He may have gotten $4 or $5 mill per for 4 years..Good thing though Habs fans is that the next Patrick Roy is signed next year for $2.2 million...Good job Gainey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...