Here I Come To Save The Day!

Obama contacted McCain's camp this morning, McCain returned his call several hours later agreeing to the move and leaving it to the campaigns to hammer out the details...and then literally 15 minutes later put out his own statement suspending his campaign.Looks like Obama tried to do this in a non politicized way, and McCain agreed, then immediately tried to publicly seize initiative on the issue.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today around 5:00, I decided to grab lunch- passed by this Chinese place. On their sign, it said "BAD ECONOMY SPECIAL- EAT IN ONLY- $4.95" so obviously, being hungry, I had to check this out. I go in and the place is absolutely gill-packed. The dog eater behind the counter looks like any given 'Boss' from an 8 bit 1980's martial arts oriented video game. So I say "Hello, I'd like one "Bad Economy Special" please". He says "SPECIAL EAT IN ONLY. NO TAKEOUT." I don't know why he assumed that I wanted to take out, but I corrected him- eat-in was fine with me.Finally got a table, waitress comes over. "Hi. I'd like one Bad Economy Special and an unsweetened iced tea, please". She did that thing waitresses do where they mumble back what you just said as they write it down on the pad, but she did hers in a mixture of Chinese and Engrish- the sudden incantation of the words "bad economy special" amidst all the Chinese babbling was so funny... So, my Bad Economy Special shows up.1 helping beef lo-mein, 1 egg foo young patty, 1 scoop shrimp fried rice, 1 spring roll, 1 bowl wonton soup, 1 fortune cookie. I open the fortune cookie, and I swear to god, it says "Lucky Numbers- 14-13-15-27-31-41" but on the OTHER side, it says "Financial turmoils lie ahead. Prepare wisely".Tell me that fortune cookie wasn't totally fucking rigged...

Today at around 5:00, I decided to grab lunch- passed by this Chinese place. On their sign, it said "BAD ECONOMY SPECIAL- EAT IN ONLY- $4.95" so obviously, being hungry, I had to check this out. I go in and the place is absolutely gill-packed. The dog eater behind the counter looks like any given 'Boss' from an 8 bit 1980's martial arts oriented video game. So I say "Hello, I'd like one "Bad Economy Special" please". He says "SPECIAL EAT IN ONLY. NO TAKEOUT." I don't know why he assumed that I wanted to take out, but I corrected him- eat-in was fine with me.Finally got a table, waitress comes over. "Hi. I'd like one Bad Economy Special and an unsweetened iced tea, please". She did that thing waitresses do where they mumble back what you just said as they write it down on the pad, but she did hers in a mixture of Chinese and Engrish. So, my Bad Economy Special shows up.1 helping beef lo-mein, 1 egg foo young patty, 1 scoop shrimp fried rice, 1 spring roll, 1 bowl wonton soup, 1 fortune cookie. I open the fortune cookie, and I swear to god, it says "Lucky Numbers- 14-13-15-27-31-41" but on the OTHER side, it says "Financial turmoils lie ahead. Prepare wisely".Tell me that fortune cookie wasn't totally fucking rigged...
BBFIDTS

This is an interesting story circulating around:David Letterman absolutely tore John McCain a new one on tonight's show, after McCain supposedly called Dave at the last minute to cancel his appearance because he had to "race to the airport" to go watch after our crappy economy. But here's the kicker: Later on, Dave cut to live footage of Johnny boy getting his makeup done for an interview with Katie Couric -- only a couple blocks away from Dave's studio and far from an airport.Clearly there's a big difference between being on Letterman and doing an interview with Couric but it just made me chuckle with the whole "I'm dropping everything and heading to Washington..." thing.

This is an interesting story circulating around:David Letterman absolutely tore John McCain a new one on tonight's show, after McCain supposedly called Dave at the last minute to cancel his appearance because he had to "race to the airport" to go watch after our crappy economy. But here's the kicker: Later on, Dave cut to live footage of Johnny boy getting his makeup done for an interview with Katie Couric -- only a couple blocks away from Dave's studio and far from an airport.Clearly there's a big difference between being on Letterman and doing an interview with Couric but it just made me chuckle with the whole "I'm dropping everything and heading to Washington..." thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjkCrfylq-E
That's why we usually win......oh, we are also on the right side of all the issues.
and yet as I see the government proposing to spend 700 billion dollars in taxpayer money to patch Wall Street back together I wonder why "you" were not able to translate "being right on all the issues" into something better than the "constant stream of disasters, scandals and other assorted bad news" we have enjoyed in the last 8 years or so.Anyone who can be so certain that the GOP is "right" on all the issues after the last 8 years possesses the kind of certainty that scares me.
and yet as I see the government proposing to spend 700 billion dollars in taxpayer money to patch Wall Street back together I wonder why "you" were not able to translate "being right on all the issues" into something better than the "constant stream of disasters, scandals and other assorted bad news" we have enjoyed in the last 8 years or so.Anyone who can be so certain that the GOP is "right" on all the issues after the last 8 years possesses the kind of certainty that scares me.
Wow this is so simplistic. That's the scary part, that anyone could put so little thought into what they say in there head, and then write it with such conviction.
Wow this is so simplistic. That's the scary part, that anyone could put so little thought into what they say in there head, and then write it with such conviction.
irony thy name is lois.i was pretty much commenting on how anyone could simplistically believe that their side is "right on everything" after the last eight years.I dont claim to have all the answers and I can acknowledge how unlikely it is that the liberal view is the right view on every issue.You keep pretending that I am the one who possesses too much conviction though. After seeing some of your thoughts on religious issues I find that hilarious.

Google "Palin/Couric Transcript". The transcript is comedy gold and probably the reason McCain wants to "postpone" the VP debate. Seriously, Palin would get dominated.And McCain's plan, to do as was suggested earlier with the commercial, completely backfired tonight. When news of Obama's proposed deal leaked, and McCain added "Let's postpone the debate," and he cancelled on Letterman, and Palin looked completely unprepared with Couric....McCain looks terrible right now amongst the public. He may have just cost himself the election.

Letterman mad at McCain? Yeah, cause he has every reason to be...LOL. Letterman is a complete douche.
Letterman mad at McCain? Yeah, cause he has every reason to be...LOL. Letterman is a complete douche.
Yeah because Letterman's the one who comes out of this whole situation looking like a douche.
Google "Palin/Couric Transcript". The transcript is comedy gold and probably the reason McCain wants to "postpone" the VP debate. Seriously, Palin would get dominated.And McCain's plan, to do as was suggested earlier with the commercial, completely backfired tonight. When news of Obama's proposed deal leaked, and McCain added "Let's postpone the debate," and he cancelled on Letterman, and Palin looked completely unprepared with Couric....McCain looks terrible right now amongst the public. He may have just cost himself the election.
Lol... because he proposed they do there jobs? That's funny. Nobody who was voting for him before is turned off by this, and no one who was undecided is turned off by this. It doesn't gain votes but it doesn't lose them. Anyone who tries to paint any other type of picture is stretching at best.
Lol... because he proposed they do there jobs? That's funny. Nobody who was voting for him before is turned off by this, and no one who was undecided is turned off by this. It doesn't gain votes but it doesn't lose them. Anyone who tries to paint any other type of picture is stretching at best.
youre such an idiot. please just stop posting here (and living). you really think this doesnt gain or lose votes? yea im sure major announcements by the candidates skipping out on scheduled debates doesn't change any votes at all. im sure not a single person will even think about this.
There has been huge uproar and discussions and Obama has been boosted by 9 points in some polls.Even Fox are reporting things have been affected so I'm clueless to where you are pulling these statements.Obviously Repubs will not mind but swing voters have taken notice and you can see it in the swing state polls
youre such an idiot. please just stop posting here (and living). you really think this doesnt gain or lose votes? yea im sure major announcements by the candidates skipping out on scheduled debates doesn't change any votes at all. im sure not a single person will even think about this.
Skipping out is one thing.... postponeing is another. Postponeing says, "Hey, let's do this in 6 days, and go deal with some issues that are pressing." Just like anybody would do if there job required it, even while they were in search of another job. I will ignore the attacks for the ignorance they are.
Also I'd love sooo much to see the reaction if Obama had of done by this, Lois would be singing a completely different tune. One sideness is hilarious
I would have loved to have seen that as well. I would have supported Obama 100% in that move. As it is, it didn't happen that way. Which just goes to show he can't even get the smallest thing right. Like a simple concept of "Do your job, twit." Basically what Obama is telling the world is that he's not really neeeded. What does this say about his "experience" and the importance even he obviously gives that experience?
I would have loved to have seen that as well. I would have supported Obama 100% in that move. As it is, it didn't happen that way. Which just goes to show he can't even get the smallest thing right. Like a simple concept of "Do your job, twit." Basically what Obama is telling the world is that he's not really neeeded. What does this say about his "experience" and the importance even he obviously gives that experience?
everyone knows this isnt true so just stop tryingobama cant get the smallest thing right? like showing up to a presidential debate?
everyone knows this isnt true so just stop tryingobama cant get the smallest thing right? like showing up to a presidential debate?
The presidential debate isn't his job. It's an interview. He has an actual responsibility right now. This is fairly simple to digest, for reasonable people. Are you telling me if you were needed at your job, and you decided that a job interview was more important, your current boss would be like,"Cool, hey, we are number two, I get it. You got bigger fish to fry." That's just silly. Again, I will dismiss the first part for the ignorance it is.
Furthermore, answer the analysis. What does this say about how Obama views his current job? Doesn't it say tha he feels it's not even neccesary, and what does that say about his experience? I did a job for 170 days that wasn't neccesary, and now I would like to be president?