Explain To Me How There Is A God....

I just saw a picture of a child in africa (the picture won some prize in 2004), probably 4 or 5 years old, crawling to a UN food station a kilometer away, with a vulture standing in the background waiting for the child to die. It didn't look like he was going to make it.HOW CAN THERE BE A GOD! I am so tired of reading and seeing kids starving, suffering from disease and abuse, being used by sick people for their own pleasure and purposes. This is the main reason I cannot believe there is a loving god. How can someone who "loves" us so much allow so much suffering in this world. This just makes you wonder what the whole purpose of life is, here we are gambling away money (and I'm no different) and living a wasteful life when a fraction of what we risk everyday would change a child's life forever.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a god, but he's just a really firm believer in the free market.
That's just bullcrap that all relgious people always say. "Oh, god's greatest gift was the gift of free will". What the f$@k does free will have to do with kids getting cancer and s%#t. What can't that child molester get cancer and die instead of some 3 year old girl. It's all a farce, and if there is a god, I don't want to meet him. I would burn in hell to take away all the pain and suffering from all the children in the world. God sent his only son to take away our sins, why doesn't he do something about all the sinners!
That's just bullcrap that all relgious people always say. "Oh, god's greatest gift was the gift of free will". What the f$@k does free will have to do with kids getting cancer and s%#t. What can't that child molester get cancer and die instead of some 3 year old girl. It's all a farce, and if there is a god, I don't want to meet him. I would burn in hell to take away all the pain and suffering from all the children in the world. God sent his only son to take away our sins, why doesn't he do something about all the sinners!
free market =/= free willyou missed the joke
No you wouldn't.

Hahaha, thanks for making this a light-hearted thread, I get SO angry when I see or hear about little kids getting hurt and stuff, maybe since I have 2 little ones of my own. I think that if I could give my soul up to save all the children of this world unbearable suffering and pain, I like to think that I would give it up in a heartbeat. Maybe I'd be lucky like Jesus and God would save me after I've given myself over. I don't know man, it sure is a terrible place we live in.

Hahaha, thanks for making this a light-hearted thread, I get SO angry when I see or hear about little kids getting hurt and stuff, maybe since I have 2 little ones of my own. I think that if I could give my soul up to save all the children of this world unbearable suffering and pain, I like to think that I would give it up in a heartbeat. Maybe I'd be lucky like Jesus and God would save me after I've given myself over. I don't know man, it sure is a terrible place we live in.
Sounds nice. You seem like a good guy. Let me ask you a hypothetical though. Let's say you had intricate knowledge of stopping a nuclear bomb that murder all the people in California, women, men and all the little children.Catch is to do this you would have to sacricfice your own 2 children, you wouldn't have the ability to do both.What would you do?

a doctor, a lawyer, and a priest are in a school one day when the school catches on fire. the doctor yells "save the children!"to which the lawyer replies "fuck the children!"then the priest says, "do you think we'll have time?"

I just saw a picture of a child in africa (the picture won some prize in 2004), probably 4 or 5 years old, crawling to a UN food station a kilometer away, with a vulture standing in the background waiting for the child to die. It didn't look like he was going to make it.HOW CAN THERE BE A GOD! I am so tired of reading and seeing kids starving, suffering from disease and abuse, being used by sick people for their own pleasure and purposes. This is the main reason I cannot believe there is a loving god. How can someone who "loves" us so much allow so much suffering in this world. This just makes you wonder what the whole purpose of life is, here we are gambling away money (and I'm no different) and living a wasteful life when a fraction of what we risk everyday would change a child's life forever.
I have a better question.. rather than wondering why fictional entities aren't helping this kid, how about a more real world question? Why the fuck was the photographer not feeding this fucking kid? It's god damn obscene that this photographer is exploiting this kid's death by starvation to win a fucking Pulitzer ( or what ever photojournalists win). How about you put down the fucking camera, shoo the vulture off, give the kid a biscuit and a ride to the food station. Maybe this guy did just that, after he was able to get the pic, making sure to keep the vulture in frame, but as far as I'm concerned this guy is one step above snuff auteur.
I have a better question.. rather than wondering why fictional entities aren't helping this kid, how about a more real world question? Why the fuck was the photographer not feeding this fucking kid? It's god damn obscene that this photographer is exploiting this kid's death by starvation to win a fucking Pulitzer ( or what ever photojournalists win). How about you put down the fucking camera, shoo the vulture off, give the kid a biscuit and a ride to the food station. Maybe this guy did just that, after he was able to get the pic, making sure to keep the vulture in frame, but as far as I'm concerned this guy is one step above snuff auteur.
It's a pretty famous picture, and I'm not terribly informed on it, but I do know that he did not feed the kid. In fact, I don't think anyone saw the kid again. Also, the photographer killed himself a short time later. ****ing heartbreaking photo though.
a doctor, a lawyer, and a priest are in a school one day when the school catches on fire. the doctor yells "save the children!"to which the lawyer replies "fuck the children!"then the priest says, "do you think we'll have time?"
That's the best joke I've read for a while.
It's a pretty famous picture, and I'm not terribly informed on it, but I do know that he did not feed the kid. In fact, I don't think anyone saw the kid again. Also, the photographer killed himself a short time later. ****ing heartbreaking photo though.
Wow...how could you not feed the kid? No wonder the guy offed himself.

This is the most retarded argument ever.That suffering occurs on earth isn't "disproof" of god. It simply means that if there is a god, he may be an epic bastard according to the standards of man.Oh, sure, religious fairy tales love to tell us that god is liable to our own concepts of human equity and "fairness", but the fact remains, god very well may be a huge douche who created us for nothing other than his own amusement; earth to him is simply a big cockfight with God as the Chief Gomez in charge. I know that if I found myself in the role of god, I wouldn't treat Africa much differently- more than likely, I would just smite the entire continent altogether. So what if a bunch of retards down on earth- privileged, wealthy retards who have lived pretty damn good lives, thanks to me- decide that my treatment of Africa is "unfair". Consider for a moment that god doesn't care what your opinion is of him. You're still at his mercy whether you "believe" in him or not, "like" him or not and maybe- just maybe- the Christians are wrong and god really doesn't love everyone equally.

This is the most retarded argument ever.That suffering occurs on earth isn't "disproof" of god. It simply means that if there is a god, he may be an epic bastard according to the standards of man.
No. God cannot be evil. Why? Because he says he isn't.This has to be true because we know god doesn't lie. How? Because he isn't evil.

our fathers were our models for god. if our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about god? you have to consider the possibility that god does not like you. he never wanted you. in all probability, he hates you. this is not the worst thing that can happen.

This place we live in now is actually Hell.(makes you want to go to work today, don't it?)
Sounds nice. You seem like a good guy. Let me ask you a hypothetical though. Let's say you had intricate knowledge of stopping a nuclear bomb that murder all the people in California, women, men and all the little children.Catch is to do this you would have to sacricfice your own 2 children, you wouldn't have the ability to do both.What would you do?
Wasn't that an episode of 24?I can tell you what Jack Bauer
Funny. I lol'd