Explain To Me How There Is A God....

No. God cannot be evil. Why? Because he says he isn't.This has to be true because we know god doesn't lie. How? Because he isn't evil.
did you ever ask him how hed respond to the question "Do you always lie?"? (or something like that lol)
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the most retarded argument ever.That suffering occurs on earth isn't "disproof" of god. It simply means that if there is a god, he may be an epic bastard according to the standards of man.Oh, sure, religious fairy tales love to tell us that god is liable to our own concepts of human equity and "fairness", but the fact remains, god very well may be a huge douche who created us for nothing other than his own amusement; earth to him is simply a big cockfight with God as the Chief Gomez in charge. I know that if I found myself in the role of god, I wouldn't treat Africa much differently- more than likely, I would just smite the entire continent altogether. So what if a bunch of retards down on earth- privileged, wealthy retards who have lived pretty damn good lives, thanks to me- decide that my treatment of Africa is "unfair". Consider for a moment that god doesn't care what your opinion is of him. You're still at his mercy whether you "believe" in him or not, "like" him or not and maybe- just maybe- the Christians are wrong and god really doesn't love everyone equally.
God is a victim of the sunk cost fallacy. Put too much time into some of these places to just get ride of em.
our fathers were our models for god. if our fathers bailed, what does that tell you about god? you have to consider the possibility that god does not like you. he never wanted you. in all probability, he hates you. this is not the worst thing that can happen.
Thanks Brad Pitt.
I just saw a picture of a child in africa (the picture won some prize in 2004), probably 4 or 5 years old, crawling to a UN food station a kilometer away, with a vulture standing in the background waiting for the child to die. It didn't look like he was going to make it.HOW CAN THERE BE A GOD! I am so tired of reading and seeing kids starving, suffering from disease and abuse, being used by sick people for their own pleasure and purposes. This is the main reason I cannot believe there is a loving god. How can someone who "loves" us so much allow so much suffering in this world. This just makes you wonder what the whole purpose of life is, here we are gambling away money (and I'm no different) and living a wasteful life when a fraction of what we risk everyday would change a child's life forever.
Just...... don't think about it. Really, though, it very much is a direct result of generations not taking up there cross and following Christ. Children suffer all the time because of the sins of there parents. What is God supposed to do, kill all the parents? Magically change everybody? How about get rif of all good and evil and just have robots who perform tasks with no choice? Now, that being said, you are at a place where the answer is in front of you if you just look. Keep seeking. If you're heart is in the right place God will find you. And, before Crow says it, Cult speak.
Hahaha, thanks for making this a light-hearted thread, I get SO angry when I see or hear about little kids getting hurt and stuff, maybe since I have 2 little ones of my own. I think that if I could give my soul up to save all the children of this world unbearable suffering and pain, I like to think that I would give it up in a heartbeat. Maybe I'd be lucky like Jesus and God would save me after I've given myself over. I don't know man, it sure is a terrible place we live in.
Your heart IS in the right place, sort of. Take heart in the idea that when a suffering child dies, they go to Heaven, and remember no suffering.
I have a better question.. rather than wondering why fictional entities aren't helping this kid, how about a more real world question? Why the fuck was the photographer not feeding this fucking kid? It's god damn obscene that this photographer is exploiting this kid's death by starvation to win a fucking Pulitzer ( or what ever photojournalists win). How about you put down the fucking camera, shoo the vulture off, give the kid a biscuit and a ride to the food station. Maybe this guy did just that, after he was able to get the pic, making sure to keep the vulture in frame, but as far as I'm concerned this guy is one step above snuff auteur.
Yes. What personally chaps my ass is we pour millions upon millions into these places and there is no real change. It comes down to basics: Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish. Aid for Africa is great, except it's as bad as welfare when the people are not driven enough/lack the tools/lack the education/lack the infrastructure to build on that aid and go forward.
No. God cannot be evil. Why? Because he says he isn't.This has to be true because we know god doesn't lie. How? Because he isn't evil.
True. Except he can allow evil to occur based on the whole "vengeance is mine" thing and it wouldn't be evil. Satan rules on Earth, not God. The only people he promises love and protection to is tose that serve him. Seems simple to me. One of the biggest fallacies of religion is the whole God is love thing.
a doctor, a lawyer, and a priest are in a school one day when the school catches on fire. the doctor yells "save the children!"to which the lawyer replies "fuck the children!"then the priest says, "do you think we'll have time?"
actually, I prefer this version.Priest and a Rabbi are walking down the sidewalk. Two young boys are approaching, the priest leans to the rabbi and asks "do you think we should fuck em?" and the rabbi replies "Out of what?"
Really, though, it very much is a direct result of generations not taking up there cross and following Christ. Children suffer all the time because of the sins of there parents. What is God supposed to do, kill all the parents? Magically change everybody? How about get rif of all good and evil and just have robots who perform tasks with no choice?
god punishes children because their parents aren't following christ? how's saying that supposed to help anyone believe in a benevolent god? it's much worse than god letting children suffer out of indifference.
actually, I prefer this version.Priest and a Rabbi are walking down the sidewalk. Two young boys are approaching, the priest leans to the rabbi and asks "do you think we should fuck em?" and the rabbi replies "Out of what?"
badumching.
Really, though, it very much is a direct result of generations not taking up there cross and following Christ. Children suffer all the time because of the sins of there parents.
By "following Christ" do you mean being good people? Because you can be a good person without taking up the cross. I think. Right?And by "their parents" do you mean their oppressors? Because I'm guessing the starving kid's parents didn't do anything wrong either.
Nice.
god punishes children because their parents aren't following christ? how's saying that supposed to help anyone believe in a benevolent god? it's much worse than god letting children suffer out of indifference.
No. God allows Satan to do his thing because of the parents. This isn't that hard. The only guarantee given in the bible is given to those that follow him. For literally everyone else it's just time and chance.
By "following Christ" do you mean being good people? Because you can be a good person without taking up the cross. I think. Right?And by "their parents" do you mean their oppressors? Because I'm guessing the starving kid's parents didn't do anything wrong either.Nice.
No, I don't mean good people. Plenty of good people will not be allowed to enter heaven. I mean, quite literally, those who do not follow Christ are not afforded any type of protection from God. It's literally all he asks.
No, I don't mean good people. Plenty of good people will not be allowed to enter heaven. I mean, quite literally, those who do not follow Christ are not afforded any type of protection from God. It's literally all he asks.
It's time for my multi-annual "I can't believe people with IQs over 80 actually think this might be even close to the truth, even if there is a god in some shape or form."

This argumant is easy to solve. I want physical evidence that god exists. I dont wana hear any "scriptures", "verses" or lines from "the bible" about the all mighty "God" and how amazing "He" is. All i want is for somebody to present an argumant in favour of the existence of god using modern technology to produce physical evidence that can not be disputed. Evidence that indicates the existence of "God". When that happens, I'll believe that God exists. Untill that day, I'll continue living a normal life and being a good person without being a slave to a god that doesnt exist.Thank you sir and good night.

It's time for my multi-annual "I can't believe people with IQs over 80 actually think this might be even close to the truth, even if there is a god in some shape or form."
I can't believe people who insist that anything is possible except for this. To each his own, I guess.
This argumant is easy to solve. I want physical evidence that god exists. I dont wana hear any "scriptures", "verses" or lines from "the bible" about the all mighty "God" and how amazing "He" is. All i want is for somebody to present an argumant in favour of the existence of god using modern technology to produce physical evidence that can not be disputed. Evidence that indicates the existence of "God". When that happens, I'll believe that God exists. Untill that day, I'll continue living a normal life and being a good person without being a slave to a god that doesnt exist.Thank you sir and good night.
Pinch yourself. DONE. Your welcome. Sleep tight.
I can't believe people who insist that anything is possible except for this. To each his own, I guess.
Sort of.
Pinch yourself. DONE. Your welcome. Sleep tight.
So he can wake up from his dream that might not be a god?
True. Except he can allow evil to occur based on the whole "vengeance is mine" thing and it wouldn't be evil. Satan rules on Earth, not God. The only people he promises love and protection to is tose that serve him. Seems simple to me. One of the biggest fallacies of religion is the whole God is love thing.
You do realise that was a parody of the logic used by someone who 'isn't too bright'
True. Except he can allow evil to occur based on the whole "vengeance is mine" thing and it wouldn't be evil. Satan rules on Earth, not God. The only people he promises love and protection to is tose that serve him. Seems simple to me. One of the biggest fallacies of religion is the whole God is love thing.You do realise that was a parody of the logic used by someone who 'isn't too bright'
No, I missed that. I don't come round here as much. I miss you, man. Would anyone want to plan a gathering in Vegas to actually meet some of the players in these parts? No debating, just chilling out and Gambling with the enemy?