• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She felt the pressure, that was easy to see. I actually enjoyed that she wasn't polished and wasn't comfortable dodging questions. That's how honest people act in those types of situations.
you are a ****ing idiot, theres really no other way to put it. whatever she does you are just gonna be like "I like the fact that she doesnt know what the Bush doctrine is" or "I like the fact that she has been outside of north america once"thats how unknowledgeable people act in those types of situations, now please, stfu and go back to the religion forum where you can at least fall back on your blind superstitious faith whenever someone raises a counterpoint.
Lol. Thats why eyewitness accounts are so suspect.She did an outstanding job. She only fumbled one question, not recognizing what he meant by the "Bush Doctrine", and she should have known it by that name. However, once she did understand the question, she nailed it. He tried to get her to give some soundbites that could be used against her by repeating some questions 3 times, and she was extremely aware of what he was doing, and she was extremely poised in repeating her very clear answers. And CG lost a ton of credibility in my eyes by repeating the same lie about what she said about Iraq, misquoted by cane brain earlier. (At least I think it was Cane Brain). Instead of getting indignent about his obvious baiting she answered with what she meant, using words that would be very difficult to distort out of context.
an outstanding job... right. she didnt answer a single question that was asked. like I said, even McCain can at least give a decent interview, he is a qualified politician. while all politicians can dodge tough questions, these were simple questions about her stances and she couldnt say anything. palins a complete joke, a complete pandering, a complete electoral scam. and you have no idea what is going on.
an outstanding job... right. she didnt answer a single question that was asked. like I said, even McCain can at least give a decent interview, he is a qualified politician. while all politicians can dodge tough questions, these were simple questions about her stances and she couldnt say anything. palins a complete joke, a complete pandering, a complete electoral scam. and you have no idea what is going on.
From where I'm sitting, one of the major reasons it's going to be fun voting for Palin & that other dude, is knowing how annoying she is to people like Don. If I can annoy Don in any way, then my day is better. Come November I'm voting for McCain/Palin and I'm looking forward to it.Also... I hate McCain.
You sir do not understand. This is why we like her.
From where I'm sitting, one of the major reasons it's going to be fun voting for Palin & that other dude, is knowing how annoying she is to people like Don. If I can annoy Don in any way, then my day is better. Come November I'm voting for McCain/Palin and I'm looking forward to it.Also... I hate McCain.
count on a republican to vote based on random people in internet forums.
this makes no sense, and is pretty scary. keep voting for unqualified people just because you "like" them. it worked well with Bush. in the meantime, keep saying how unqualified Obama is.
You are an ignorant man. I have never said that Obama is unqualified to be president. I just think he will make a bad president.I never said I was voting for Palin because I "like " her. I don't know her, she may be a bitch. I have no idea. What I like about her, is that she is not from Washington, has taken on her own party, is pro drilling and anti government corruption. It will be nice having someone like that overseeing the Senate. Not a senator who has been there for 30 years.Speaking of that, why don't Senators have term limits?
You are an ignorant man. I have never said that Obama is unqualified to be president. I just think he will make a bad president.I never said I was voting for Palin because I "like " her. I don't know her, she may be a bitch. I have no idea. What I like about her, is that she is not from Washington, has taken on her own party, is pro drilling and anti government corruption. It will be nice having someone like that overseeing the Senate. Not a senator who has been there for 30 years.Speaking of that, why don't Senators have term limits?
HAHAHA wow you found a candidate that is anti government corruption. thats rare. i mean with all the politicians that claim to be for government corruption these days, its nice to see this different point of view. im anti slavery, isnt that cool? why dont you elect me?nice to see youve fallen for this "not afraid to take on her own party" BS.
HAHAHA wow you found a candidate that is anti government corruption. thats rare. i mean with all the politicians that claim to be for government corruption these days, its nice to see this different point of view. im anti slavery, isnt that cool? why dont you elect me?nice to see youve fallen for this "not afraid to take on her own party" BS.
Unlike other politicians who have claimed this, she has actually done it, getting the District Attorney fired in her own state.Unlike others I do not think Washington experience is necessary for the job, or even a good pre-requisite. I would much rather have a successful businessman, that runs close to my belief system than 99% of current politicians.See I have these wacky ideas, like getting KPMG and Deloitte Touche to audit the Federal Budget, each state budget, municipalities budgets and have independent analysis done on the state of our governments finances. You are sound bite after sound bite, with no original thought.
You are sound bite after sound bite, with no original thought.
ha, sounds like some republican presidential nominees that i knowand sara palin has some wacky ideas as well. like teaching creationism alongside accepted scientific schools of thought. and i mean wacky in the same sarcastic manner as you, because it isnt wacky at all, its completely insane, and part of the religious right's mission to degrade our collective intelligence. teaching school kids that the earth was created in 7 days and is 5000 years old, sounds like a plan. (hey kid! put those fossils down, those were made by the devil!)
ha, sounds like some republican presidential nominees that i knowand sara palin has some wacky ideas as well. like teaching creationism alongside accepted scientific schools of thought. and i mean wacky in the same sarcastic manner as you, because it isnt wacky at all, its completely insane, and part of the religious right's mission to degrade our collective intelligence. teaching school kids that the earth was created in 7 days and is 5000 years old, sounds like a plan. (hey kid! put those fossils down, those were made by the devil!)
Holy crap man. Again with the sound bites. She never said she wants it taught in school. You know what, I am not religious, but guess what the majority of this country is, and whether you believe in the Bible or not, it is the basis for our moral and ethical code. You need this:70384439_ba1fd5b9de.jpgGuess what, we are never, ever going to have a nominee for any elected office that we agree with 100%.
count on a republican to vote based on random people in internet forums.
You must have forgotten to actually read my post.

Interesting comparison of interviews done by Charles Gibson I compared Charles Gibson’s interview of Palin with his interview of Obama and there is much evidence that Gibson was prejudiced against Palin. He interviewed Obama right after he became the presumptive presidential nominee and he interviewed Palin shortly after she became the vice presidential nominee. So the situation of the interviews is similar. And because the situation of the interviews is similar Gibson’s extreme prejudice against Palin is very obvious.For example, Gibson asked Obama a lot of questions focused on the positive aspects of Obama being a champion and breaking a glass ceiling for African Americans. Yet he didn’t ask Palin about her potential of breaking the infamous glass ceiling and the benefits that would create for women who are a much larger percentage of the U.S. population than African Americans.Furthermore, Gibson often questioned Palin’s ability to lead, but he never questioned Obama’s ability to lead. This is outrageous because Palin has more political executive experience than Obama and far more political accomplishments. Another reason why it was prejudiced for Gibson to question Palin’s ability to lead and not Obama’s ability to lead is that Palin is seeking the much less powerful job of VP. And to add insult to injury Gibson even asked Palin if it was conceited of her to accept the vice presidential nomination, yet he did not insult Obama with that question even though Obama is applying for a much more powerful job.Also Gibson maintained an almost constant sour face when interviewing Palin and his tone of voice seemed to imply that he was disappointed in her. I haven’t watched the entire Obama interview but the part I watched showed Gibson with a pleased expression on his face and the transcript shows that there was frequent laughter during his interview with Obama.Even the camera angle was designed to be prejudiced against Palin. She is filmed from the side and slightly with her back to the camera. Although there are close ups of her face the long shot shows her back to the camera. It seems filming her with her back to the camera was meant to make her appear less likeable. In contrast, the film crew placed the long shot camera facing Obama so at all times when he is speaking the camera looks him in the face rather than looking at his back.And Obama was asked much easier questions mostly about feelings about winning, breaking the glass ceiling and 2008 campaign decisions. In contrast, Palin was asked numerous specific policy and military strategy questions that required extensive knowledge about treaties, U.S. anti-terrorism strategy and world history. And Gibson misquoted Palin falsely stating that she said our troops were in an alleged holy war when what she said was that she prayed that we were doing God’s will. The following is a breakdown of the questions asked of the nominees:Obama interview:http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5000184How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?How does it feel to "win"?How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?Who will be your VP?Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?Will you accept public finance?What issues is your campaign about?Will you visit Iraq?Will you debate McCain at a town hall?What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?Palin interview:http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...with-abc-news/Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?Questions about foreign policy-territorial integrity of Georgia-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO-NATO treaty-Iranian nuclear threat-what to do if Israel attacks Iran-Al Qaeda motivations-the Bush Doctrine-attacking terrorists harbored by PakistanIs America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]There’s no doubt the Charles Gibson interviews showed extreme prejudice against Palin and extreme favoritism towards Obama. His manner towards Palin was much more negative. He asked her much more difficult questions and the questions were more adversarial. He constantly questioned her ability to lead but never questioned Obama’s ability to lead, all the more amazing considering that Palin was the only one with executive experience and the presidency is the highest level executive job in politics. The camera angles always focused on Obama’s face when he was talking making him the center of attention yet during Palin’s interview the angle often focused on her back apparently for the purpose of lessening the impact of her presence.The questions, camera angle, and manner of the interviewer were designed in a way that favored Obama. Because Palin is a historic woman candidate and has been attacked with sexism it is reasonable to believe that ABC News is trying to harm her candidacy due to sexism. Of particular note is that Gibson asked Obama four questions about breaking the AA political glass ceiling but asked Palin zero questions about her breaking the women’s political glass ceiling. ABC’s prejudice against Palin was wrong and is blocking women’s progress towards equality. Palin is brave and strong and she, along with her supporters, will battle sexism and other forms of harmful prejudice in order to improve our world. This is a wake up call for ABC and the sexist news media to help them achieve their potential to be fair to candidates because fairness in the media is essential to a democracy.

These 'points' sound really good on CNN don't they... it's too bad they aren't true. Please find any link on the entire tube filled interweb that has her saying anything that you claim.
These 'points' sound really good on CNN don't they... it's too bad they aren't true. Please find any link on the entire tube filled interweb that has her saying anything that you claim.
In a 2006 gubernatorial debate, the soon-to-be governor of Alaska said of evolution and creation education, "Teach both. You know, don’t be afraid of education. Healthy debate is so important, and it’s so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."from http://www.thelangreport.com/religion-or-l...ught-in-school/re: bridge to nowhere whoopsie:http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/aug/31/...ge-nowhere-dur/god (science), google makes things easy sometimes. i would be glad to find other links to fairly incontrovertible evidence that palin scares the bejesus out of me if you would care to be more specific about what don is claiming. rounding others up will probably take another 5-10 seconds of my time, as did the above.

My first post... and it is on PoliticsI just want to say while I have admired Daniel on many levels in the Poker World, from buying his books, Poker VT & reading his Blogs... I tended just to ignore his political views...But as this election is getting close and tighter and tighter... I find it troubling that Daniel is using his blog to try and "influence" undecided voters..There are many here that have done an incredible job debating Daniel and Kudos to you guys... job well done!I have a huge problem with Daniel's not being a US Citizen and advocating on Behalf of Obama ( who may not be a US Citizen) and John McCain may not be eithersee link for story http://www.phoenixvillenews.com/site/news....7915&rfi=6aIf Daniel would like to Naturalize here as a citizen.. I would have no problemPlease Stop.. It is gross, you have no real comprehension of the issues from what I have read...I believe there is a Canadien Election forthcoming as well...If you would like to handicap that race.. I would be all earsRespectfully,85 Suited

Holy crap man. Again with the sound bites. She never said she wants it taught in school. You know what, I am not religious, but guess what the majority of this country is, and whether you believe in the Bible or not, it is the basis for our moral and ethical code.
she supports creationism and supports it being taught in school, this much she has said herself. true believers of that nonsense always want it taught in school, obviously, becuase its what they believe is true and want it taught to their kids. not all of this "scientific fact" garbage.separation of church and state is a fundamental belief of free societies, far right religious fundamentalists like palin are completely against it in their actions and words. the bible is NOT the basis of our moral and ethical code. our intelligence is where our complex emotions such as compassion and love and hate come from. what you and religious people fail to realize is that these morals are a natural part of us, an evolved ability. we didnt learn our emotions and ethics and morals from some book. i didnt and i have them.intelligence. our intelligence is what gives us everything we have. not some ****ing book. human intelligence invented cures for diseases and advanced medical treatments, higher standard of living and increased tolerance of other peoples. it even wrote the bible, but that was thousands of years ago, when intelligence wasnt so high. these religious right politicians are against all of that. christianity is a method of control, a suppressor of human spirit and individuality. a laugh in the face of all of the amazing things we have archived through science. no original thoughts? how about the fact that i can see through this religion joke, and the politicians who uphold it in the government. the truth is that christianity has a history of trying to hold down original thoughts. like the sun being the center of the universe and now evolution and the big bang, two theories proven to be fact as much as anything possibly can be. i am not the one in need of original thinking.
In a 2006 gubernatorial debate, the soon-to-be governor of Alaska said of evolution and creation education, "Teach both. You know, don’t be afraid of education. Healthy debate is so important, and it’s so valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."from http://www.thelangreport.com/religion-or-l...ught-in-school/re: bridge to nowhere whoopsie:http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/aug/31/...ge-nowhere-dur/god (science), google makes things easy sometimes. i would be glad to find other links to fairly incontrovertible evidence that palin scares the bejesus out of me if you would care to be more specific about what don is claiming. rounding others up will probably take another 5-10 seconds of my time, as did the above.
Exactly. This is her view of a perfect world... not what she did WHEN SHE WAS ACTUALLY RUNNING THE STATE!Don't be confused by the Title of the article (media bias)... it's not what she tried to enforce.