What is making me nervous is that this election should not be close and I don't trust the American voters one bit. Why should we? George W. Bush got elected (kind of) and then RE-ELECTED! 8 years of George W. 8 years! Now we have an excellent candidate to take over, improve the world view of America (very important), improve the economy for the poor and middle class, but it's been overshadowed by a party that simply plays the game of politics better by pandering to uneducated Americans who'd be better off voting Obama. Instead, many of them don't want to vote for a "Muslim." I can't think of another country in the world where this election would be close. I realize that's meaningless in that they have no say, but man, Palin is more conservative on social issues than George W. No sex ed, no birth control, I mean, what era is she living in? Screw the environment, screw the polar bears, etc. I can't stand that woman.
You are a Poker Celebrity.Please don't confuse that success and your good natured charisma with being educated enough to determine what is best for me, this country, or the world in terms of electing the American Leadership. You talk about "Uneducated Americans" - I hesitate to even start on the absurdity of this comment, however I'd put this Voter's education and general (non-poker) knowledge/intelligence against yours any day.I am, frankly, losing much of the respect I held for you. Not simply because of your Liberalism. I understand that plenty of good, intelligent people happen to disagree with me - but to assume that I am stupid or uneducated because of my voting decision is disrespectful.
  • Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a Poker Celebrity.Please don't confuse that success and your good natured charisma with being educated enough to determine what is best for me, this country, or the world in terms of electing the American Leadership. You talk about "Uneducated Americans" - I hesitate to even start on the absurdity of this comment, however I'd put this Voter's education and general (non-poker) knowledge/intelligence against yours any day.I am, frankly, losing much of the respect I held for you. Not simply because of your Liberalism. I understand that plenty of good, intelligent people happen to disagree with me - but to assume that I am stupid or uneducated because of my voting decision is disrespectful.
I wasn't referring to you specifically. You, apparently aren't voting for McCain because you think Obama is a Muslim. I'm assuming that's true. Many Americans don't vote based on a thorough knowledge of what they are voting for. That's true in all countries I imagine. The GOP does a better job at winning those votes than they should because the bulk of those voters would actually be better off with the Dem's in power. I should have been more specific I guess, apologies if you felt like I was calling you stupid. I don't think anyone that posts in these threads is dumb really. They all care, one way or the other and are interested in what is happening. I personally know some Americans who think McCain was a good choice for Obama's running mate and that it should narrow Hillary's lead in the polls!
I wasn't referring to you specifically. You, apparently aren't voting for McCain because you think Obama is a Muslim. I'm assuming that's true. Many Americans don't vote based on a thorough knowledge of what they are voting for. That's true in all countries I imagine. The GOP does a better job at winning those votes than they should because the bulk of those voters would actually be better off with the Dem's in power. I should have been more specific I guess, apologies if you felt like I was calling you stupid. I don't think anyone that posts in these threads is dumb really. They all care, one way or the other and are interested in what is happening. I personally know some Americans who think McCain was a good choice for Obama's running mate and that it should narrow Hillary's lead in the polls!
Ok. This earns back the respect!I just find it troubling how many people - on both sides - want to rant about how stupid people are for making their individual choices. There are MILLIONS of educated people voting on EACH side of the issues - most are NOT stupid - they're just "average". My own personal choice to support McCain is a complicated decision - even for a "Republican". I often stated that I would cast my vote for McCain while plugging my nose. There are things I like about the man, and there are things I distrust about him. At the end of the day I just happen to really distrust Obama. I sincerely believe he is a wolf in sheep's clothing and he would be VERY bad for this country. However this is neither an easy nor uneducated decision for me.
Ok. This earns back the respect!I just find it troubling how many people - on both sides - want to rant about how stupid people are for making their individual choices. There are MILLIONS of educated people voting on EACH side of the issues - most are NOT stupid - they're just "average". My own personal choice to support McCain is a complicated decision - even for a "Republican". I often stated that I vould cast my vote for McCain while plugging my nose. There are things I like about the man, and there are things I distrust about him. t the end of the day I just happen to really distrust Obama. I sincerely believe he is a wolf in sheep's clothing and he would be VERY bad for this country. However this is neither an easy nor uneducated decision for me.
Fair enough. These boards have started to annoy me a bit and I've been using stronger language as a result and I don't want to do that. I support Obama. I also like Biden. I think McCain is a great man but don't like the direction he wants to lead our country in. Palin bothers me. Her positions, the choice in general, to her accent (trivial I know.) Before Obama even came on the scene I've had my views of the country and the world. Then I hear Obama echoing exactly how I feel about this country and the way things should be done. Not on all issues, but on most. I did research on him, read his books, listened to more of his positions on various issues and I felt strongly that he is the guy I'd like to see be president. With McCain I never felt that. I never found any common ground with what he says and what he'd like to do as president. Palin takes that to the extreme for me based on what I've heard from her thus far. No one on the forum is going to change my mind, and I'm certainly not going to change yours. So on that note, I'd prefer to agree to disagree. That doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my opinions, but following these threads to debate point after point is both tiresome and time consuming. I'm an unashamed Obama man, no question about it. I don't mind the fact that he will raise my taxes, because his plan will lower the taxes of 95% of Americans who need the break more than I do. I'm pro-life, but I respect Obama's reasoning for not wanting to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's an issue I've gone back and forth on several times in my life, spending most of my life being pro-choice. In fact, my ex-girlfriend did have an abortion about 8 years ago (her choice). I'm for gun control. Not a big fan of hunting and I think laws should be much stricter in terms of how easily it easy to acquire guns. I'm against the war. I do believe the war in Afghanistan warrants us being there to get Bin Laden if we can. Leaving Iraq and thus saving American's $350 million a day is a priority to me. It can't be rushed, and I understand that. On immigration I'm torn. I've heard Lou Dobbs and know where he stands, but on this issue I go back and forth too because I'm not really sure what the right thing to do is. On foreign relations, I'm for repairing damaged relationships over the Bush era. This is one of the main attractions I have to Obama as he sees things the exact same way that I do. I personally believe it's extremely important to make our allies happy so that they will be willing to fight with us, instead of against us. On the environment and global warming, while McCain seems to be somewhat sympathetic to the issue all reports show that Palin is much less so. On drilling, I'm not completely against it, but if we decide to do that I'd love to hear some experts tell us if it will make enough of a difference to make it worth it? From what I've heard, the impact would be minimal so I think the government would be better served to use those funds and put them into alternative energy sources. On gay marriage, I'm all for civil union but don't think any church should be forced to accept gay marriage in their congregations. On education, well, unfortunately, I'm not educated enough to have a solid opinion either way :-) If you are curious about where I stand on other stuff, I have no problem sharing and telling the truth.
I see this everyday, that being said, I have not been able to find one Obama supporter at work who can tell me why they support him. Not one, and lord I have tried. So, this goes on both sides of the aisle. As far as JM's "Palin doesn't speak for me speech", JM, you are a different sort of cat and you know it. I would say while she doesn't represent you you also do not represent the maority of where you apparently come from.
wat?
Do you know anything about who decides what is taught in schools? Who added sex education? DARE? Feminist studies? Black studies? Who bans "honor roll" in some schools because those that don't make it might be upset? Who bans athletic all star games because little Johnny who cant field a slow grounder doesnt quite make the standard?Let me give you a hint. It begins with a capital L.

In case youve never read where I stand on these.

I'm an unashamed Obama man, no question about it. I don't mind the fact that he will raise my taxes, because his plan will lower the taxes of 95% of Americans who need the break more than I do. This is the big lie. He cannot spend what he has proposed to spend and cut taxes on anyone. A panel discussion on Bloomberg said, but I havent confirmed, that his health care plan is not priced into his tax numbers. The 95% tax cut claim also depends on the economy continuing to grow. Tax the rich you stifle investment, stifle investment you slow the economy. Those are the facts.I'm pro-life, but I respect Obama's reasoning for not wanting to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's an issue I've gone back and forth on several times in my life, spending most of my life being pro-choice. In fact, my ex-girlfriend did have an abortion about 8 years ago (her choice). Pro-choice through about 5 months.I'm for gun control. Not a big fan of hunting and I think laws should be much stricter in terms of how easily it easy to acquire guns. For registration, waiting periods, bans on automatic and assault weapons.I'm against the war. I do believe the war in Afghanistan warrants us being there to get Bin Laden if we can. Leaving Iraq and thus saving American's $350 million a day is a priority to me. It can't be rushed, and I understand that. The gotcha is "if we can". We can't unless he starts sunbathing naked on a rooftop without tremendous loss of lives. If by "leaving Iraq" you dont preclude a military base of operations ala Germany, Japan, Korea etc. then we agree.On immigration I'm torn. I've heard Lou Dobbs and know where he stands, but on this issue I go back and forth too because I'm not really sure what the right thing to do is.Stop the leaks, fine companies that hire them, deport felons after their jail term, mandatory minimum sentences for any felon who comes back after being deported and commits another felony.On foreign relations, I'm for repairing damaged relationships over the Bush era. This is one of the main attractions I have to Obama as he sees things the exact same way that I do. I personally believe it's extremely important to make our allies happy so that they will be willing to fight with us, instead of against us.At the business and political level "damaged relationships" is hyped way beyond reality. Why? Because most foreign business leaders are conservative, and more conservative leaders have been elected during the Bush administration.On the environment and global warming, while McCain seems to be somewhat sympathetic to the issue all reports show that Palin is much less so. The science is nowhere near mature enough to greatly alter the economic strucgture. Cutting pollution is fine,reducing CO2 emissions is fine when economically feasible, carbon offsets are a money making crock of moldy cheese.On drilling, I'm not completely against it, but if we decide to do that I'd love to hear some experts tell us if it will make enough of a difference to make it worth it? From what I've heard, the impact would be minimal so I think the government would be better served to use those funds and put them into alternative energy sources.All alternatives have to be explored but drilling has to start immediately and construction of nuclear plants has to start immediately. The impact on prices will be immediate. The claims that drilling wont produce meaningful price reductions immediately is flat out bad economics. The recent drop in oil prices has a significant component of speculators ratcheting back on the THREAT of more production being pursued. Once actual movement in that direction is made, oil could be back in the 70s or lower within 2 years.On gay marriage, I'm all for civil union but don't think any church should be forced to accept gay marriage in their congregations. SameOn education, well, unfortunately, I'm not educated enough to have a solid opinion either way :-) Primarily not a Federal issue, leave it to the states and locals. Vouchers may actually help a few individuals and probably cant hurt, but they arent the ultimate solution. Anyone who has lived in a "school of choice" district knows why. Getting the touchy feely courses out of the schools, returning to the ABCs, and parents getting involved are the only ways that significant improvement in average educational standards will be made. The only Federal involvement should be in financial assistance.If you are curious about where I stand on other stuff, I have no problem sharing and telling the truth. Other issues? Yes, Tim Horton's should be given tax incentives to expand to Southern California, thats my big issue. I would even support a NAFTA kind of agreement that would get In n Out into Alberta so I could find a decent hamburger when Im vacationing there.
I'm an unashamed Obama man, no question about it. I don't mind the fact that he will raise my taxes, because his plan will lower the taxes of 95% of Americans who need the break more than I do. This is the big lie. He cannot spend what he has proposed to spend and cut taxes on anyone. A panel discussion on Bloomberg said, but I havent confirmed, that his health care plan is not priced into his tax numbers. The 95% tax cut claim also depends on the economy continuing to grow. Tax the rich you stifle investment, stifle investment you slow the economy. Those are the facts. Correct me if I'm wrong Reagan, Bush Sr and Clinton all raised taxes starting at the top. I believe the top percintile-> I believe as stated at 2.8mil or above at the individual level having there taxes cut does little to stimulate the economy. Now the middle class having more personal income (5% on Obama's plan, 3% on McCain's plan) does a whole lot to move the economy forward as they'' likely spend more on things like groceries and will be more apt to go out for meals, upgrade automobiles etc. I also agree with increasing taxes to corporations and making it a less profitable move for them to move the businesses elsewhere. Where I disagree with Obama is starting these business tax increases at the level of those that only bring in $250,000 a year. I think this is far to low of a number.I'm pro-life, but I respect Obama's reasoning for not wanting to overturn Roe vs. Wade. It's an issue I've gone back and forth on several times in my life, spending most of my life being pro-choice. In fact, my ex-girlfriend did have an abortion about 8 years ago (her choice). Pro-choice through about 5 months. Pro choiceI'm for gun control. Not a big fan of hunting and I think laws should be much stricter in terms of how easily it easy to acquire guns. For registration, waiting periods, bans on automatic and assault weapons. 100% agree with Cop hereI'm against the war. I do believe the war in Afghanistan warrants us being there to get Bin Laden if we can. Leaving Iraq and thus saving American's $350 million a day is a priority to me. It can't be rushed, and I understand that. The gotcha is "if we can". We can't unless he starts sunbathing naked on a rooftop without tremendous loss of lives. If by "leaving Iraq" you dont preclude a military base of operations ala Germany, Japan, Korea etc. then we agree. One thing that I've liked about Obama's postion as opposed to Clinton's has been his reluctance to put a time table on when to have total withdrawl other then that I agree with what's been stated here. On immigration I'm torn. I've heard Lou Dobbs and know where he stands, but on this issue I go back and forth too because I'm not really sure what the right thing to do is.Stop the leaks, fine companies that hire them, deport felons after their jail term, mandatory minimum sentences for any felon who comes back after being deported and commits another felony. AgreeOn foreign relations, I'm for repairing damaged relationships over the Bush era. This is one of the main attractions I have to Obama as he sees things the exact same way that I do. I personally believe it's extremely important to make our allies happy so that they will be willing to fight with us, instead of against us.At the business and political level "damaged relationships" is hyped way beyond reality. Why? Because most foreign business leaders are conservative, and more conservative leaders have been elected during the Bush administration. I agree that work needs to be done here but I also agree that the foreign public opinion is far worse then the foreign government opinion.On the environment and global warming, while McCain seems to be somewhat sympathetic to the issue all reports show that Palin is much less so. The science is nowhere near mature enough to greatly alter the economic strucgture. Cutting pollution is fine,reducing CO2 emissions is fine when economically feasible, carbon offsets are a money making crock of moldy cheese. AgreeOn drilling, I'm not completely against it, but if we decide to do that I'd love to hear some experts tell us if it will make enough of a difference to make it worth it? From what I've heard, the impact would be minimal so I think the government would be better served to use those funds and put them into alternative energy sources.All alternatives have to be explored but drilling has to start immediately and construction of nuclear plants has to start immediately. The impact on prices will be immediate. The claims that drilling wont produce meaningful price reductions immediately is flat out bad economics. The recent drop in oil prices has a significant component of speculators ratcheting back on the THREAT of more production being pursued. Once actual movement in that direction is made, oil could be back in the 70s or lower within 2 years. Other then how you possibly define "impact price immediately" I agree.On gay marriage, I'm all for civil union but don't think any church should be forced to accept gay marriage in their congregations. Same Same and to clarify I'm okay with gay marriage if the church is willing to accept it.On education, well, unfortunately, I'm not educated enough to have a solid opinion either way :-) Primarily not a Federal issue, leave it to the states and locals. Vouchers may actually help a few individuals and probably cant hurt, but they arent the ultimate solution. Anyone who has lived in a "school of choice" district knows why. Getting the touchy feely courses out of the schools, returning to the ABCs, and parents getting involved are the only ways that significant improvement in average educational standards will be made. The only Federal involvement should be in financial assistance. I believe there should be a choice between private and public education, I also believe that public education should be at a consistent level from Compton to Greenwich and I believe that sex ed, dare and programs as such should be taught in school because unfortunately there are a ton of parents out there that aren't as good as those of you that post here.If you are curious about where I stand on other stuff, I have no problem sharing and telling the truth. Other issues? Yes, Tim Horton's should be given tax incentives to expand to Southern California, thats my big issue. I would even support a NAFTA kind of agreement that would get In n Out into Alberta so I could find a decent hamburger when Im vacationing there. I'm having a Tim Horton's right now
I also wanted to add one thing that I'm a big fan of is what McCain has begun stating recently about stopping foreign aide to Country's who aren't on your side->(Paraphrasing) this is something that I've been saying for a long time and while Obama has said similar stuff like that if places like Pakistan refuse to let them in to look or help to look for Bin Laden that he would take away any foreign aide they are being offered. I hope Obama gets more in line with this thinking overall and whoever wins sticks with this.

sounds like fear to me, i also just realised that Daniel has gone from saying Mccain might be a decent guy.......to saying he likes him.........to saying he's a great man......all in the space of a few days. Shows how sporadically his mind works, far left way of thinking

sounds like fear to me, i also just realised that Daniel has gone from saying Mccain might be a decent guy.......to saying he likes him.........to saying he's a great man......all in the space of a few days. Shows how sporadically his mind works, far left way of thinking
STFU Fckn douchebag. All you seem to be capable of is making stupid generalizations and loose cannon judgements about statements that, well, actually DO change over the course of time. You're a fckn idiot.
STFU Fckn douchebag. All you seem to be capable of is making stupid generalizations and loose cannon judgements about statements that, well, actually DO change over the course of time. You're a fckn idiot.
Loose cannon judgements? that's hilarious. Considering that is exactly what i'm saying about Negreanu.....with evidence i may add. These loons...
Loose cannon judgements? that's hilarious. Considering that is exactly what i'm saying about Negreanu.....with evidence i may add. These loons...
Thanks for being a cheerleader champ, but you might want to sit this one out.
I'm an unashamed Obama man, no question about it. I don't mind the fact that he will raise my taxes, because his plan will lower the taxes of 95% of Americans who need the break more than I do. This is the big lie. He cannot spend what he has proposed to spend and cut taxes on anyone. A panel discussion on Bloomberg said, but I havent confirmed, that his health care plan is not priced into his tax numbers. The 95% tax cut claim also depends on the economy continuing to grow. Tax the rich you stifle investment, stifle investment you slow the economy. Those are the facts.
I'm conservative on most issues, especially financially. That said, i still think copernicus comes off as batshit crazy on many occasions. However, he's right here. Talk about the war, talk about gun control or abortion, or whatever other idealogical issue you want. But please try to avoid economics if you genuinely don't know what you're talking about.
I also wanted to add one thing that I'm a big fan of is what McCain has begun stating recently about stopping foreign aide to Country's who aren't on your side->(Paraphrasing) this is something that I've been saying for a long time and while Obama has said similar stuff like that if places like Pakistan refuse to let them in to look or help to look for Bin Laden that he would take away any foreign aide they are being offered. I hope Obama gets more in line with this thinking overall and whoever wins sticks with this.
Agree, although many still believe that a dual carrot AND stick approach is better, I dont see any real evidence of that.Correct me if I'm wrong Reagan, Bush Sr and Clinton all raised taxes starting at the top. I believe the top percintile-> I believe as stated at 2.8mil or above at the individual level having there taxes cut does little to stimulate the economy. Now the middle class having more personal income (5% on Obama's plan, 3% on McCain's plan) does a whole lot to move the economy forward as they'' likely spend more on things like groceries and will be more apt to go out for meals, upgrade automobiles etc. I also agree with increasing taxes to corporations and making it a less profitable move for them to move the businesses elsewhere. Where I disagree with Obama is starting these business tax increases at the level of those that only bring in $250,000 a year. I think this is far to low of a number.Reagan and Bush did not increase tax rates on any group. What you may be thinking of is that after the tax cuts the higher the income level the greater your share of taxes actually paid went up. Ie the "tax cuts for the rich" shifted more of the income tax burden onto the rich. Clinton increased taxes on just about everyone as I recall, except for his capital gains tax rate cut.You are not correct that increasing consumption can move a total economy forward more than investment, although it can move certain sectors of the economy at the expense of others. The reason is pretty obvious. GDP is the total output of the economy...the sum total of everything produced and the sum total of everything bought within the country. That includes individual and government spending. If you shift 5% of the governments spending to increase the discretionary spending of the middle class, there is 0 net gain to the economy as a whole. In fact it could result in some downward pressure on the economy to the extent that the money is saved (contrasted with invested), decreasing consumption overall.OTOH reducing taxes on investors enables more and riskier investments to be made. That in turn leads to innovation and increases in productivity. When productivity goes up the same amount of labor produces a larger GDP, a portion of which is passed on to employees through wage increases, and to the investments of the middle class, primarily through IRAs, 401(k) etc. Basically, a rising tide lifts all boats.The rest of the blue is confusing and self-contradictory.

In an attempt to return us to the topic at hand.a Question.Who am I?I'm under 45 years old,I love the outdoors,I hunt,I am a Republican reformer,I have taken on the Republican Party establishment,I have many children,I have a spot on the national ticket as vice president with less than two years in the governor's officeWho am I?

Here's a pretty good way to screw with Palin.I'm sure the same could be done much easier with McCain.BG, what do you think?http://www.slate.com/id/2199668/pagenum/2 The McCain campaign believes that Alaska’s geographical proximity to Russia has given Palin standing as a foreign policy maven, or something akin. For the purposes of his interview, Gibson could accept this as a given in his preface and ask: 4) Unique among all U.S. governors, you lead a state that shares a border with Russia, a sometimes hostile nation with a nuclear arsenal and new geopolitical ambitions. Given that, how do you evaluate Vladimir Putin? This untethered question evaporates upon being asked: Palin will respond with generalities from the “trust but verify” stockpile. Gibson’s duty will be to wrap her answer in barbed wire and toss it back to her: That’s not very specific, governor. It’s the sort of response I might get from the governor of Iowa. Can you share any special insight about Russia and Putin that you’ve gleaned from your years in office?balko: The McCain camp’s argument that Alaska’s proximity to Russia gives Palin “foreign policy experience” is laughably stupid. But to accept that assertion in the premise, then trap Palin with it, is a masterstroke.

Here's a pretty good way to screw with Palin.I'm sure the same could be done much easier with McCain.BG, what do you think?http://www.slate.com/id/2199668/pagenum/2 The McCain campaign believes that Alaska’s geographical proximity to Russia has given Palin standing as a foreign policy maven, or something akin. For the purposes of his interview, Gibson could accept this as a given in his preface and ask: 4) Unique among all U.S. governors, you lead a state that shares a border with Russia, a sometimes hostile nation with a nuclear arsenal and new geopolitical ambitions. Given that, how do you evaluate Vladimir Putin? This untethered question evaporates upon being asked: Palin will respond with generalities from the “trust but verify” stockpile. Gibson’s duty will be to wrap her answer in barbed wire and toss it back to her: That’s not very specific, governor. It’s the sort of response I might get from the governor of Iowa. Can you share any special insight about Russia and Putin that you’ve gleaned from your years in office?balko: The McCain camp’s argument that Alaska’s proximity to Russia gives Palin “foreign policy experience” is laughably stupid. But to accept that assertion in the premise, then trap Palin with it, is a masterstroke.
Why is it now the Media's responsibility to "trap" people, especially politicians?I thought they report the news, not manufacture it.
I think for this to be true you must first believe that Palin will fail in her answer. If she knocks it out of the park by saying: "He needs his azz kicked", then the dems have basically elected John McCainFoolish to place their hopes in her court and hope she screws up.Winner always want the ball.
Why is it now the Media's responsibility to "trap" people, especially politicians?I thought they report the news, not manufacture it.
You may want to sit down.I have something to tell you about the EasterBunny that you may find equally shocking.
It is an interviewer's job to get the most truthful answer to his/her questions. By "trap" he means not let her slip away from actually answering.
The McCain campaign believes that Alaska’s geographical proximity to Russia has given Palin standing as a foreign policy maven, or something akin.
They do?That is twisting what Cindy McCain (who isnt exactly representing the foreign policy of the GOP ticket to start with) said egregiously. She said Alaska's proximity helps SP understand what's at stake. Not that she is a foreign policy expert equipped with solutions. Certainly an Alaskan Governor has considered, for example, the economic consequences for their constituents of more open trade with Russia, even if they arent expert in how to accomplish that objective.
As far as JM's "Palin doesn't speak for me speech", JM, you are a different sort of cat and you know it. I would say while she doesn't represent you you also do not represent the maority of where you apparently come from.
Very true.But on the opposing side, you also don't represent the millions upon millions of people who live in the city :club:
Do you know anything about who decides what is taught in schools? Who added sex education? DARE? Feminist studies? Black studies? Who bans "honor roll" in some schools because those that don't make it might be upset? Who bans athletic all star games because little Johnny who cant field a slow grounder doesnt quite make the standard?Let me give you a hint. It begins with a capital L.
lol I get thatI understand the crap that comes from the Teacher's Union. I was just reminiscing when I read your statement and my high school teachers were, mostly, intelligently conservative. That kind of motivated my quick response. You're completely right, though.

McCain Interview below - With regards to Sarah Palin, “She knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America.” - LOLI thought McCain did better at the end about he would go against his own party on certain issues and how he disagreed with the Republican platform on an amendment to ban gay marriage.McCain Interview