Michael Moore once again proves that he's the world's biggest ass.""I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in Heaven.'' Moore said with a chuckle in a televised interview."That it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for Day one of the Republican convention up in the twin cities at the top of the Mississippi River,'' Moore said, in an interview with MSMBC's Keith Olbermann, on Countdown. Moore quickly sobered up and added: "Certainly, I hope nobody gets hurtt. I hope everybody's taking cover.... "Let's hope things get better.''"Gulf residents, sincere good luck over the next few days.Louisiana residents, congraulate yourselves for electing a Republican governor.Greenies, lets see how much oil winds up in the Gulf after Gustav rocks it.

I say they fly into the eye of Gustov, shove Moore out the back of the plane and see how long it takes for him to splash down.Very scientific. Know idea what it'll prove, but who cares?(lol ninja edit)

I say they fly into the eye of Gustov, shove Moore out the back of the plane and see how long it takes for him to splash down.Very scientific. Know idea what it'll prove, but who cares?(lol ninja edit)
It would prove that nature abhors a vacuum as Gustav is sucked into the cavity that normally holds a conscience.
Michael Moore once again proves that he's the world's biggest ass.""I was just thinking, this Gustav is proof that there is a God in Heaven.'' Moore said with a chuckle in a televised interview."That it would actually be on its way to New Orleans for Day one of the Republican convention up in the twin cities at the top of the Mississippi River,'' Moore said, in an interview with MSMBC's Keith Olbermann, on Countdown. Moore quickly sobered up and added: "Certainly, I hope nobody gets hurtt. I hope everybody's taking cover.... "Let's hope things get better.''"Gulf residents, sincere good luck over the next few days.Louisiana residents, congraulate yourselves for electing a Republican governor.Greenies, lets see how much oil winds up in the Gulf after Gustav rocks it.
What a dirt bag. Laughing over the political implications of a pending natural disaster. Probably hoping for some good shots of dead bodies floating in the flooded streets to somehow blame on McCain and Palin and take away from the RNC coverage. Pretty much proves (in case anyone every doubted it) that all of the Kartina rhetoric was complete leftist demagoguery.
Cat. 3 I understand is what they're predicting. So big but not as big as Katrina by a long shot.
things must have changed in the last 2 hours. Last I saw they said 4 with a potential of 5.
Seriously, though, Gustav is the big one, right? This is going to be a massive disaster.
things must have changed in the last 2 hours. Last I saw they said 4 with a potential of 5.
they are saying that it's over Cuba now as a STRONG Cat 4. The mayor is telling people that it IS in fact 'the big one'. They are expecting it to be bigger than Katrina."Mayor Ray Nagin gave the mandatory order late Saturday, but all day residents took to buses, trains, planes and cars - clogging roadways leading away from New Orleans, still reeling three years after Hurricane Katrina flooded 80 percent of the city and killed about 1,600 across the region.The evacuation of New Orleans becomes mandatory at 8 a.m. Sunday along the vulnerable west bank of the Mississippi River, and at noon on the east bank. Nagin called Gustav the "mother of all storms" and told residents to "get out of town. This is not the one to play with.""This is the real deal, this is not a test," Nagin said as he issued the order, warning residents that staying would be "one of the biggest mistakes you could make in your life." He emphasized that the city will not offer emergency services to anyone who chooses to stay behind."

I run across more and more people who have little sympathy anymore for the victims of Katrina; but it's not a "popular" opinion.Honestly, the fact that's not covered (much if ever) is an example of media bias.this probably doesn't fit here; oh well

I run across more and more people who have little sympathy anymore for the victims of Katrina; but it's not a "popular" opinion.Honestly, the fact that's not covered (much if ever) is an example of media bias.this probably doesn't fit here; oh well
It fits okay, I started the contrast between Katrina and Gustav with my Jindal comment.Yes, the media will not be critical of Katrina victims, at least as long as the mishandling of the evacuation and FEMA response is a Democratic talking point.

So you will create a thread to trash Moore because of his comments but you didn't create a post to rail against the right wing wind bags that asked people to pray for a storm of biblical proportions during Obama's speech? Copernicus are you just perpetually cranky?? Seriously take a pill.It may not be proof that there is a god but it is certainly ironic....and everyone loves irony....especially God....maybe it is proof???Hopefully everyone on the gulf coast makes it through as safely as possible.

Seriously, though, Gustav is the big one, right? This is going to be a massive disaster.
Just saw that it could be as bad but would likely miss a bit to the West. Still....close enough to do major flooding. Not good.
Hopefully everyone on the gulf coast makes it through as safely as possible.
word. GET OUT NOW!

This one has Camille'esque potential, from what they're saying on the news. Wunderground has it topping out at a Cat 5 in the middle of the gulf and making landfall as a strong 4- aka- Katrina. at200807_5day.gifIt will be the same story... The storm makes landfall and a bunch of retard news reporters who were riding it out at the Holliday Inn say on their live feed, "Well, looks like we weathered another one, Bob... Reports have it that damage hasn't been all that severe..." until the next morning when the Helicopters are able to fly over and see what really happened. Keep in mind- the reason Katrina was so catastrophic was because of a critical infrastructure failure in a predominantly poor, black major city that just-so-happens to be below sea level. It was one of those "totally predictable freak-of-natures" that had every single dynamic working for (or against, depending on your perspective) it. Far and away, the worst 'hurricane damage' was on the MS coast, which also took the brunt of Camille in 69. The other worst case scenarios would be major landfall in Tampa or New York City. Prior to Katrina, New Orleans was on that same 'hypothetical' list.This is what you call 'consensus' as far as computer modeling. at200807_model.gif

So you will create a thread to trash Moore because of his comments but you didn't create a post to rail against the right wing wind bags that asked people to pray for a storm of biblical proportions during Obama's speech? Copernicus are you just perpetually cranky?? Seriously take a pill.It may not be proof that there is a god but it is certainly ironic....and everyone loves irony....especially God....maybe it is proof???Hopefully everyone on the gulf coast makes it through as safely as possible.
I heard "rain", which is quite different from "storm of biblical proportions". If thats what someone said its just as despicable....unless "biblical proportions" has as much meaning as the Bible itself...ie not much. Edit: no surprise, he never said to pray for a rain of biblical proportions. He said pray for a torrential, unexpected downpour, blah blah blah..."not a flood the people out of there houses rain, but a flood the interesections rain". The reference to a rain of biblical proportions was (paraphrasing) "if god decides there should be a rain of biblical proportions so be it and if he decides it should be 72 and sunny then I guess we can live with that"Big difference between that and praying for a rain of biblical proportions.Perpetually cranky? No, just when pundits and posters intentionally disort the truth to fit their agenda. you be the judge of how close that comes to perpetual on this board.

When you say he I have no idea who you are talking about....McBush??I am just referring to the fact that I was made aware that blogs and posters in other places were encouraging people to send those prayers. I was siting a specific person nor did I actually read them. I can barely stand the amount of BS floating around in here. Nor am I distorting the truth to fit my agenda, just commenting on the facts as i understand them.

Well I really hadn't checked the report on Gustav since early yesterday at which time it was a cat 3. My husband had the TV last night so naturally news wasn't on.

When you say he I have no idea who you are talking about....McBush??I am just referring to the fact that I was made aware that blogs and posters in other places were encouraging people to send those prayers. I was siting a specific person nor did I actually read them. I can barely stand the amount of BS floating around in here. Nor am I distorting the truth to fit my agenda, just commenting on the facts as i understand them.
No youre repeating things youve heard withoiut verfiying them because they happen to fit your worldview and make good soundbytes. It would take you about 2 minutes to find out that the comments were attributed to Dobson and distorted by the liberal bloggers.

It's a stupid thing to say but he's just a film maker. It's not like he's a religious leader blaming it on the "gays and pro abortion people".Let's hope everyone makes it through this healthy and safe.

So you will create a thread to trash Moore because of his comments but you didn't create a post to rail against the right wing wind bags that asked people to pray for a storm of biblical proportions during Obama's speech? Copernicus are you just perpetually cranky?? Seriously take a pill.
You mean the 1 guy who worked for "Focus on the Family?" I love how this thing is getting so blown out of proportion and all of a sudden becoming about all "the right wing wind bags that asked people to pray for a storm." Just LOL.
You mean the 1 guy who worked for "Focus on the Family?" I love how this thing is getting so blown out of proportion and all of a sudden becoming about all "the right wing wind bags that asked people to pray for a storm." Just LOL.
And yet you guys are railing against 1 guy that made some movies? Just LOL