The Official Kansas City Reserves Thread

Also, I think I'd sooner resign Arnason than McLean, he's a good scorer in a bad situation in Colorado, and he'll probably get traded at some point to a team that has more use for him. Now that Sakic is officially back he'll probably be pretty worthlesss as an Av. When Sakic was out last year Arnason was scoring at about a 50 point pace, pretty good for a guy I'm paying a quarter.
I liked arnason back when he was a blackhawk. being stuck in such an awful situation really screwed his career. some of that might have been self-inflicted but I have always felt he is capable of being a really solid scoring line guy.
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KCR 2009 projection:david backes - as it stands currently, his ceiling this season is probably about 50 points. that's not going to get much better unless he's traded. he's not worth $3.25 in any reasonable cap year.todd bertuzzi - 30/40/70 if he sticks with Iginla. I'm calling that right now.blake comeau - another young'n not worth what I'm paying him. 40 points, maybe? he's gone if he's not top six come next season.benoit pouliot - probable re-sign at $2.75. he's going to be the #2 or #1 center for the wild for many years to come. I'd generously give him 40 points.jesse winchester - wish I had gotten a chance to see him at all this preseason. sounds like he's going to make the team, but I can't even begin to guess what he'll do.clarke macarthur - he's signed long term for $1. can't really predict much as I've never seen the guy play.tuomo ruutu - I'm guessing 30 goals and 60 points if he's given the ice time he needs. he's in a contract year, so if he's a bust it's going to cost me $.75 over the next three years to buy him out while he's playing in goddamn russia.lee stempniak - you've heard all the stuff about boyes wanting to play with him. I can't offer any additional insight because I still can't explain what he did last season. his ceiling is as high as 80 points and as low as 40 depending on what andy does with him. I'm leaning more toward 40.eric fehr - I don't know. he's probably staying with me regardless of how well he does this season. I really like his potential but his contract isn't lengthy enough. I'll trade him after he puts up the 60 points he's supposed to be capable of.brendan morrison - he is what he is. it's a contract year, so I expect good things.patrick eaves - lolglen murray - loltroy brouwer - kane's future linemate? here's hoping. 25 cents for six years, if I choose to re-sign.petr prucha - another contract year guy. either he's traded or he's finishing up his NHL contract and packing his bags for the KHL. can't say I'd blame him, but it'll cost me 50 cents over the next three years in that scenario.david clarkson - I don't know. 15 goals is a possibility, but I don't care too much... he's a late-round 25 cent auction guy.mark parrish - lolglen metropolit - lolsteve sullivan - probably retiring.nathan paetsch - 20 points, maybe? ask adam.christian backman - looks like he's finally going to get the chance he was hoping for: real icetime under a coach who understands how to use a man advantage. I could see him getting 40 points. honestly.kevin klein - hell if I know. he's a freebie from nell.shane obrien - lolbryan berard - loland that's my team projection! I'm so screwed.

nathan paetsch - 20 points, maybe? ask adam.
Accurate, if you're lucky. He's got 45 point upside, but not in Buffalo, they don't trust him in a top-4 role and he needs the big minutes to put up the big points. I only signed him because he spent a lot of 06-07 jumping back and forth between the 3rd pairing on defense and a 3rd line on offense, thought there was a good chance the trend would continue. I was way wrong. He's heading into his 3rd season as the 7th defenseman, which is obviously stalled development and now there's a ton of competition for his role with the team (Chris Butler, Mike Weber, Mike Card, Mike Funk...not to even mention all the blue chip younger defensemen that Buffalo has been stocking up on of late like Brennan, Schiestel, Myers and Persson). Sekera has leapfrogged him both as a regular roster defenseman and as the heir apparent to Campbell's PPQB role with the Sabres, and I would expect him to be on his way out of town when his current deal is done (summer of 2010). Buffalo showed no faith in Paetsch by filling two vacant top-six spots with a trade for Craig Rivet and resigning Teppo Numminen (who missed the entire previous season with a life threatening heart condition...that should tell you everything you need to know about the coaches confidence in Paetsch). The only way he'll get a fair chance in Buffalo is if they get pounded by injuries to the defense again. Getting into more than 50 games this season would be a win for him.
The only way he'll get a fair chance in Buffalo is if they get pounded by injuries to the defense again. Getting into more than 50 games this season would be a win for him.
such a disappointment. he'll be one of a few this season, with the way I've planned it...such terrible beats with parrish and murray not even getting tryouts. is it really that easy to find guys who can put in 20 these days?
such a disappointment. he'll be one of a few this season, with the way I've planned it...such terrible beats with parrish and murray not even getting tryouts. is it really that easy to find guys who can put in 20 these days?
No, but no one has any confidence that either player can still get it done. Additionally teams are trying to get their younger guys up to speed faster than ever before, so you're seeing more guys making teams out of camp than you did before the lockout. That fills up roster spots that would otherwise go to journeymen, and at a considerably cheaper price which goes a long way in the cap-era. If you can't make Boston or Minnesota as a scoring forward then there's really not much hope for you with the rest of the league.
If you can't make Boston or Minnesota as a scoring forward then there's really not much hope for you with the rest of the league.
I can't speak for murray, but parrish wasn't given a fair shake. I'm thinking parrish will land somewhere soonish.
I can't speak for murray, but parrish wasn't given a fair shake. I'm thinking parrish will land somewhere soonish.
I sincerely doubt it, but we'll see. I'm just not seeing many holes at forward around the league. Carolina is looking like they might keep Jeff O'Neill on board which "fills" the Williams hole, many teams are going with a youth movement rather than bringing $2 million vets onto the roster as rentals. Don't get me wrong, there's teams out there that can certainly afford those players (Kings, Thrashers, Islanders, Jackets) but it's a question of whether they want them or not. I would see LA as a likely destination for Parrish, they're in a situation where they must spend more money just to reach the cap floor and they only have 16 players signed for this season. Filling up on rookies won't get them there, they have to add some $$$ to the bottom line.
listen man, with ruutu, eaves, and o'neill I have a 60 point scorer in there somewhere. it's basic math. they can't ALL be third liners!!
No, at least two of them will be on the inactive list at any given time.

Frolik at this point has a better chance than Matthias of making the club. Florida just cut their roster down to 27 players. The guys on the chopping block are Tanner Glass, Michael Frolik, Shawn Matthias, Anthony Stewart, and Ville Peltonen mainly. Quite a bit of talk has been going around about Frolik sliding into the second line, which would be better for you obv.Throwing my support behind your team, you'll need it ha :club:

Frolik at this point has a better chance than Matthias of making the club. Florida just cut their roster down to 27 players. The guys on the chopping block are Tanner Glass, Michael Frolik, Shawn Matthias, Anthony Stewart, and Ville Peltonen mainly. Quite a bit of talk has been going around about Frolik sliding into the second line, which would be better for you obv.Throwing my support behind your team, you'll need it ha :club:
better for biatch's team! I dumped frolik for two second round picks and acquired repik in a separate trade. adam's probably pissed with this news, though.pretty sure I was right to jettison frolik for the price I got. this upcoming draft looks rather sick.
better for biatch's team! I dumped frolik for two second round picks and acquired repik in a separate trade. adam's probably pissed with this news, though.pretty sure I was right to jettison frolik for the price I got. this upcoming draft looks rather sick.
haha! What's the rules on the draft, what's the cut off on players etc. Tavares will be draftable for the upcoming one?
haha! What's the rules on the draft, what's the cut off on players etc. Tavares will be draftable for the upcoming one?
the player has to be owned by an NHL team and can't have played more than 10 NHL games. we do it after the official NHL entry draft, so tavares will be available. I have four firsts and three seconds. all indications are that I will draft something like: 1, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 26. lots of crazy stuff could happen given that we have a lottery in place for that first overall pick. adam could miss the playoffs and win the lottery, then I'd have 1st, 2nd, and 4th or something retarded.my authentic navy pre-lockout panthers jersey shipped today!
the player has to be owned by an NHL team and can't have played more than 10 NHL games. we do it after the official NHL entry draft, so tavares will be available. I have four firsts and three seconds. all indications are that I will draft something like: 1, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 26. lots of crazy stuff could happen given that we have a lottery in place for that first overall pick. adam could miss the playoffs and win the lottery, then I'd have 1st, 2nd, and 4th or something retarded.my authentic navy pre-lockout panthers jersey shipped today!
Hmm that is interesting, 4 firsts and 3 second rounders is crazy, you should be pretty stocked after this draft.Yeah my jersey shipped as well, those things were a great deal.
Hmm that is interesting, 4 firsts and 3 second rounders is crazy, you should be pretty stocked after this draft.Yeah my jersey shipped as well, those things were a great deal.
my team is pretty much screwed for the next 2 seasons, so I damn well better get something good out of it. there's talk like franchise players might still be around when my late first round picks come up. I'm so excited. the same site had a sale on customized replica jerseys ($46 shipped) for guys like gagne and since-tradeds/boughtout like glen murray. they were out of normal sized norstroms, otherwise I might have bought a kings home or 3rd. I really, really like the kings jerseys.ok, I'm going to sleep. gn
pfft. I am happy with the pickup. if it doesn't pan out, I'll just buy him out and use the roster spot as previously planned. the Nilsson trade had some unexpected benefits.
Guess who was totally released from Whalers Hurricanes camp today?