The Official Kansas City Reserves Thread

That is a much better deal for you. You are lucky my wireless would work for 2 minutes at a time last night and I couldnt stay on long enough to work out a Kariya trade.
I would have preferred to work with you and zach, but I guess it doesn't matter. saved me some research time, riiiight?I just realized that I have 10 top 30 picks in the next 2 years... yeah, I'm less unhappy about losing my cap...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked some people in the expansion draft. opinions welcome. the name in parenthesis is the person I stole from!3. strategy - fehr, eric (nell) 4. strategy - nilsson, robert (nell MAXED OUT) 9. strategy - macarthur, clarke (duane)10. strategy - eaves, patrick (duane) 15. strategy - murray, glen (arp)16. strategy - kozlov, vyacheslav (arp cool to the MAX) 21. strategy - metropolit, glen (biatch)22. strategy - schubert, christoph (john) 27. strategy - paetsch, nathan (adam suckit) two of these names will probably be gone soon.

I picked some people in the expansion draft. opinions welcome. the name in parenthesis is the person I stole from!3. strategy - fehr, eric (nell) 4. strategy - nilsson, robert (nell MAXED OUT) 9. strategy - macarthur, clarke (duane)10. strategy - eaves, patrick (duane) 15. strategy - murray, glen (arp)16. strategy - kozlov, vyacheslav (arp cool to the MAX) 21. strategy - metropolit, glen (biatch)22. strategy - schubert, christoph (john) 27. strategy - paetsch, nathan (adam suckit) two of these names will probably be gone soon.
hey, shop around! who you movin' and what do you want? I got some interest in a couple of those names.
hey, shop around! who you movin' and what do you want? I got some interest in a couple of those names.
just moved kozlov and schubert for a 5th rounder. I don't know who else I want to ship off, but I'll let you know if I need to clear some cap.

updated the OP. I have three unsigned guys. haven't heard anything on glen murray or bryan berard, obviously no news is not good news for me...I'm pretty confident that parrish will sign with the preds once it's announced that a-rad doesn't give a shit about the IIHF's rules.

• 5 weeks later...

well, I know I said I wouldn't bump this again, but I am interested in what the florida guys think of me trading milan lucic for michal repik.also, I'm so excited for the season to begin...

other pickups in the auction:Backes, David 3.25 RFA Comeau, Blake 2.25 RFA Pouliot, Benoit 2.75 RFA Clarkson, David 0.25 RFA Bochenski, Brandon 0.25 RFA Brouwer, Troy 0.25 RFASullivan, Steve 0.5 RFAKlein, Kevin .75 RFA O'Brien, Shane .25 RFAall comments welcome.

well, I know I said I wouldn't bump this again, but I am interested in what the florida guys think of me trading milan lucic for michal repik.also, I'm so excited for the season to begin...
Lucic for Repik straight up? Could be highway robbery, Repik will score more than Lucic at their respective high points, and I think Repik will sustain it for a bit longer. I'm unfamiliar with your system of contracts but if based off of performance or whatnot you'll end up paying more for him.
Lucic for Repik straight up? Could be highway robbery, Repik will score more than Lucic at their respective high points, and I think Repik will sustain it for a bit longer. I'm unfamiliar with your system of contracts but if based off of performance or whatnot you'll end up paying more for him.
Repik is at least a year away from sticking in the NHL. He is a good player, but I personally value young players that have already shown something in the NHL. I love Repik and it hurts to see him go. Either way I love having Giants on my team.I also already have Olesz, but that didn't factor into my trade that much.
that's the nice thing about the trade. repik is a farm player, so I can call him up at any time in the next five years and the very most I could possibly pay is a 40% raise on his 50c entry level deal. my team sucks for the next few years, so it's cheaper and gives me more flexibility. rich needs to stock his roster and basically is getting lucic for cheaper than if he had been at the auction and bid against me.
Mojo has never looked better. <grin>
that's actually a jersey dale picked out on ebay! and it's clearly WAY too small to use with the jersey me and serge are supposed to be cooking up.
  • 2 weeks later...
bryan berard got a powerplay assist tonight. who's laughing now, adam?
Anytime you want to take me up on that bet, just say the word. 51 regular season NHL points scored by Bryan Berard before the end of the 09-10 NHL regular season. You name the stakes up to $50. I say nay.
Anytime you want to take me up on that bet, just say the word. 51 regular season NHL points scored by Bryan Berard before the end of the 09-10 NHL regular season. You name the stakes up to $50. I say nay.
that's a pass, big guy. if he's still playing in the NHL in five years, I'll consider it a godsend.
I'm doing the FCHL 09/10 finances for all of the franchises. I currently have you re-signing one player: mclean. am I wrong?
If McLean gets resigned next year it will either be because I'm a genius and got a guy for extremely cheap who had a monster year, or because I'm an idiot and all of my prospects suck so bad that none of them are worth bringing up to take his spot. Whether or not the defensemen get reupped depends on their season this year, but I'm up against the cap already for next year so resigning those big contracts would be tough. We'll see.
If McLean gets resigned next year it will either be because I'm a genius and got a guy for extremely cheap who had a monster year, or because I'm an idiot and all of my prospects suck so bad that none of them are worth bringing up to take his spot. Whether or not the defensemen get reupped depends on their season this year, but I'm up against the cap already for next year so resigning those big contracts would be tough. We'll see.
well, unless there are a bunch of obviously idiotic free agent re-signings, the prices at the next auction won't be very far off from how they were this year. have a look for yourself.
well, unless there are a bunch of obviously idiotic free agent re-signings, the prices at the next auction won't be very far off from how they were this year. have a look for yourself.
Yeah, I think next year will be when guys start looking to their farms to replace lost talent though, so it may not be as insane as this year was. To date, there's only been two farm callups in the history of the league, Patrick Kane and Cory Murphy. We'll see at least 10 more by this time next year, I'm guessing.
Yeah, I think next year will be when guys start looking to their farms to replace lost talent though, so it may not be as insane as this year was. To date, there's only been two farm callups in the history of the league, Patrick Kane and Cory Murphy. We'll see at least 10 more by this time next year, I'm guessing.
well, if people have no use for their cap, I'll gladly collect it up for picks!
well, if people have no use for their cap, I'll gladly collect it up for picks!
Also, I think I'd sooner resign Arnason than McLean, he's a good scorer in a bad situation in Colorado, and he'll probably get traded at some point to a team that has more use for him. Now that Sakic is officially back he'll probably be pretty worthlesss as an Av. When Sakic was out last year Arnason was scoring at about a 50 point pace, pretty good for a guy I'm paying a quarter.