Iphone Comes Out Tommorrow

My girlfriend won't stop talking about it. She reallyyyyyyyyyyyy wants it.. I'm not sure why.

My girlfriend won't stop talking about it. She reallyyyyyyyyyyyy wants it.. I'm not sure why.
because women are annoying and stupid. If you stay with her, she'll do this every time something new comes out.
the new 3g iPhone comes out at 8 am tommorrow. Is anyone else as excited as I am. I'm getting to the ATT store at 6am so i can get one.
lol no

Story HighlightsAmid global rollout, new phone on sale today at 8 a.m. in each U.S. time zoneSoftware problem prevented the phones from being fully activated in-storeooops

I'll get one once it's hacked for T-Mobile, and I know I can use the features I want (GPS mostly).Otherwise, I might as well keep the old version that I have already.But there's no fucking way I'm getting AT&T.

Apple iPhone goes on sale; early software glitch fixedThe second coming of the iPhone arrived at 8 a.m. today at Apple outlets and other stores in Silicon Valley, but lines of buoyant fans were still forming hours later.And an earlier problem reported today with Apple's iTunes software that prevented the phones from being fully activated in-store seemed to have been resolved.Fans at the Apple stores in Valley Fair and Palo Alto didn't seem too bothered by the temporary glitch."I'm very happy. It was worth the wait," said Mitch McHone, the first to buy the 3G iPhone this morning at Valley Fair.By 7:30 a.m., at least 150 people had lined up at the shopping mall's Apple Store, many of them working on Apple laptops as they waited. The first person in line got there around 5 p.m. Thursday; Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak got arrived around 4 a.m. today.A party atmosphere prevailed, with dozens of Apple employees - including one female worker with a fake Mohawk hair style and spiked boots - taking pictures of each other and the customers outside. As the magic hour approached, fans clapped rhythmically, while others were heard whooping.A few minutes before 8 a.m., the doors opened and customers poured through, with Wozniak among the lead group.But it was 40-year-old McHone who bought the first iPhone, and was first to "walk the line" as he called it, through the gauntlet of employees who gave high-fives to customers entering the store. As each one left the store, they received a rousingAdvertisementapplause."Why am I here? Because I want to be the first person to have a 3G iPhone," said McHone, who had been waiting outside the mall since 5 p.m. Thursday night."I've been up 27 hours, no shower," said the car salesman from San Jose, who was dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. He bought two 16-gigabyte white phones - one for himself, the other for his wife - for $299 each. And $30 covers for both phones.Andre Linde, 27, of Cupertino, arrived Thursday at 6 p.m., and was fourth in line. The tech support staffer for a San Francisco software company said he called in sick today."I did it for the experience. This is fun," said Linde, who had shared the previous hours waiting with others, using their laptops, watching Web sites, DVDs and talking on Skype."It was a great community feeling. I'm getting an iPhone and I'm making friends."Wozniak, bearing doughnuts, had come to imbibe in the Apple culture."Last year, I had one coming from Steve Jobs, but I still wanted to do this" he said of his early morning arrival.He clearly reveled in the attention, with customers and employees posing for pictures with him. "I sold you the accessories last year. Remember me?" said one Apple employee.Dressed entirely in black, Wozniak bought two 16-gig phones, one black and one white, because he said he can never decide what color he wants."I could get someone to do this for me," he said while waiting in line. "But, it's fun. We are all here - Macintosh enthusiasts."The faithful gathered at the Palo Alto store on University Avenue were equally enthusiastic. A line at 11:30 a.m. still extended around the block, down from around 400 at 8 a.m. to about 200, according to a security guard hired by the store.Fortunately for them, Apple employees were handing out free Peet's coffee and bottles of water.Among the customers was 18-year-old Haidy Hui of Sunnyvale who, with three friends, had camped out in front of the store since 9 p.m. Thursday.Exhausted but elated, the University of California-Berkeley freshman finally got her new phone (her old one had just broken)."I just wanted to go. You can communicate with people like you," said Hui of the long wait in line, which she likened to a small party. "When you got it, you felt like everything was worthwhile."The lines of those who want to get their hands on the latest version of what the faithful call the "Jesus phone" started early in places like Tokyo, where some buyers had waited in lines around a city block and happily counted down the final 30 seconds before stores opened.This morning at the flagship Apple store on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue, a line of hundreds encircled the block ahead of the opening. Many of them were already owners of the first iPhone, suggesting that Apple is preaching to the choir with the new model, which updates the one launched a year ago by speeding up Internet access and adding a navigation chip.Alex Cavallo, 24, was in line at the Fifth Avenue store, just as he had been a year ago for the original iPhone. He sold that one recently on eBay in anticipation of the new one. In the meantime, he has been using another phone, which felt "uncomfortable.""The iPhone is just a superior user experience," he said. The phone also proved a decent investment for him: He bought the old model for $599 and sold it for $570.Outside an AT&T store in Atlanta, more than hundred people had lined up.Edward Watkins, a 34-year-old engineer and avowed "techno nut," said he didn't mind paying an extra $10 a month to the carrier to upgrade his phone."I'd pay an extra $30 or $40 a month for that. It's a smoother running phone. It's driving a Beamer as opposed to a Chevy Metro."Sales of the new 3G iPhone were expected to draw fewer crowds in Silicon Valley this time around.But those on hand to get their hands on the latest technology from the Cupertino company were no less ardent than those who lined up just over a year ago to buy the first version of the device.The new iPhone, more a pocket PC than a cell phone, will run on a faster network. That means users will finally be able to experience speedy Web access, the device's forte. It also comes at reduced prices - $199 and $299, depending on the amount of memory. The iPhones, though, will come attached with more expensive, two-year AT&T service contracts.Users will be able to download cheap or free applications from Apple's new App Store. The features will enable users to find restaurants on the run, play video games and get nearly real-time Major League Baseball updates.The iPhone's appeal, though, is as much cultural as it is technological. For many iPhone fans, today's 3G launch is not just a sale but a happening."Fashion used to go down the runways. Today, it comes out of the design labs of consumer electronics companies," said veteran valley forecaster Paul Saffo. "And Apple is the Ralph Lauren of cellular fashion."Even analysts, whose role is to pick apart tech companies and their products, get caught up in Apple's sway."Apple is the supreme puppet-master of the electronics age," said Ken Dulaney, an analyst with Gartner, a research firm. "They are able to orchestrate these important events. They are almost like rock concerts."For Apple, the 3G iPhone is less about zeitgeist than big business. Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster estimates Apple will sell nearly 13 million iPhones this year - the company says its goal is 10 million - and 45 million next year.Apple works as hard to polish its products as it does its image, observed Steven Addis, chief executive of Addis Creson, a brand strategy and design firm in Berkeley."There is a small handful of brands I call identity brands, and Apple leads the way. You get a sense of identity by using this brand, by being seen using this brand. You are one of the cool kids," Addis said.Not to be left out of the cool crowd, Addis planned to head to an Apple store this morning to get his hands on his second iPhone.