The Official Asdfjkl; Thread (08/09 Fchl Champion)

1. Newmarket Hurricanes2. Hartford Whalers3. Shaftsbury Wheat Ales4. Broadway5. Blindsides6. Altona Maroons7. Lost Cause8. Ottawa Limidonks9. Injured Reserve10. asdfjkl;11. BlackDevilHawks12. Halifax Moneyshots13. Tulane Flyers14. Kansas City Reserves15. Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Newmarket Hurricanes2. Hartford Whalers3. Shaftsbury Wheat Ales4. Broadway5. Blindsides6. Altona Maroons7. Lost Cause8. Ottawa Limidonks9. Injured Reserve10. asdfjkl;11. BlackDevilHawks12. Halifax Moneyshots13. Tulane Flyers14. Kansas City Reserves15. Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers
what's this now?
hmmmm... 8th for me? I guess it depends on the talent left at the expansion draft and FA auction...
All Gilmour teams are guaranteed to make the playoffs. It's a proven fact.

LOL, hilarious. Predict I finish 10th in the standings. Then bail out on a bet. I love how everyone talks trash about the asdfjkl; but nobody has the balls to make a bet against them.

LOL sorry John. But you seriously think I'll finish 10th? I will bet you I don't finish 6th or worse. That is 4 spots higher then you originally thought. I also only have $6.25 extra I can add for moves. If you thought I seriously will finish 10th, this bet should entice you huge. Step up.

LOL jopke. I at least respect your team and don't say you will finish 9th or 10th. I don't make outrageous claims just to stir up the pot. The asdfjkl; are wonderful and you know it.

LOL jopke. I at least respect your team and don't say you will finish 9th or 10th. I don't make outrageous claims just to stir up the pot. The asdfjkl; are wonderful and you know it.
Never?
you know I have $7 left and Steve has $50, right? my division sucks but not THAT much
There won't be anyone to buy anyways. Having $50 at this point doesn't mean much.Paul Kariya's upcoming contract: $32.00

Here is the analysis of my players and commentary taken from HF. With the 15th pick, Erik Karlsson from the Ottawa Senators (15th overall in 2008) HF: "Karlsson is a terrific skater, when he skates it almost seems effortless. He plays the game with an abundance of confidence and is very level-headed. He is a pure offensive defenseman, showing his skills by leading the Swedish Junior League in assists for a defenseman with 24 and an impressive 37 points. Karlsson maintains his play at an elite level in big-time situations. He contributed seven assists at the 2008 Under-18 IIHF World Championships and a team-leading plus eight, where he was named the tournament’s best defenseman.Karlsson is a power-play guru. He has shown the ability to be extremely effective in firing shots on net. Also, he consistently finds the open man while running the power-play unit with crisp passes and displays exceptional vision. "Biatch's analysis: Our team is loaded at forward and felt Karlsson was one of the top offensive d-men in the draft. If I had to rank the top 6 defencemen in the draft based strictly on offensive abilities, it would be like this:1. Doughty2. Bogosian3. Karlsson4. Pietrangelo5. Del Zotto6. NessI originally was slotted at the 4th overall pick, and felt Karlsson could drop to me at the 15 pick, and was able to trade the pick for Crosby for 3 years. Plus Ottawa isn't entirely deep at D, so I felt it was a solid pick. With the 35th pick, Antti Pihlstrom from the Nashville Predators (undrafted but signed by Predators as FA) Biatch's analysis: Not a whole lot about this guy online. He was easily the best player for Finland though in the WHC last year. He's fast and has a quick shot. Plus I felt with the FA draft getting so weak due to the expansion teams, we felt the best way to improve our team immediately was to draft guys who will make the team immediately. Pihlstrom will make the Predators this year, it's just a question whether he'll be on the 3rd line or the 2nd. With the 43rd pick, Mikeal Stefanovich from the Toronto Maple Leafs (98th overall in 2008) HF: "Another player who was once projected to be a first-round pick, Stefanovich's slide was unexpected. Most thought he was a solid second-rounder, while some still thought he was good enough to be a first-round selection. When he was still sitting at the 98th pick, the Leafs pounced on the native of Belarus. Skill is the name of Stefanovich's game and you know somebody is a natural goal scorer when a 32-goal season is considered a disappointment. Very inconsistent, his lack of focus and intensity wanes from shift to shift and from game to game. He did score 66 points in 62 games, and played well in the World Juniors, scoring three goals and an assist in five games, but everyone wants more. He has the talent to be a top-six forward without question. "Biatch's analysis: I'm not a big fan of picking guys just because they'll be a "solid safe pick." I feel that 40-60 point guys are a dime a dozen in our league. I'd rather go for the big boom/bust guy. There were numerous safe players I could have taken instead of Mikeal, but I felt Mikeal had a much higher ceiling. Especially since he is in Toronto, I think it's a really good situation for him. With the 52nd pick, Maxim Trunev from the Montreal Canadiens (138th overall in 2008) HF: "Where the Habs really shone was the selection of Maxim Trunev 138th. One of, if not the, youngest players in the draft, the Russian winger can dazzle. Dobber’s Prospects Report indicates that this guy could possibly be a first rounder in 2009 had he been born just a few days later. Watch him. The leading scorer for Severstal's farm club, Trunev was a fan favorite at the Mac's Midget Tournament here in North America. His dazzling hands and anticipation inevitably draws comparisons to Pavel Datsyuk. "Biatch's analysis: Another big boom/bust guy. Could be super amazing, could never play a game in the NHL. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the draft. I didn't get any super franchise players like a Stamkos or anything, but based on the picks that I had, I think I made the best out of it.