The Official Asdfjkl; Thread (08/09 Fchl Champion)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team is the ultimate underdog. We started the year as the poorest team competing against the evil empires of Nell and Arp. We literally had to fight just for food to survive, and now have become an empire. Yet, the league still thinks our team is trash and can't compete in the playoffs. Even thoughwe are the ultimate underdog, we will re-write history and become the best fairy tale story since Cat In the Hat. Beware FCHL, because we can win in a hat, we can win it with a cat, we can we in a house, we can do without a mouse. Beware FCHL, somebody call Aretha Franklin, because the asdfjkl; are gettin some R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I agree our division is the clear-cut division better the the rest this year. The Tugnutt still will be at the bottom and the Gilmour has started to deteriorate like a crumbling cookie.

LOL ok. Admitt you're scared though, Division Supreme is in a much better position though then your division. The farm team of Nell, myself, and Broadway is light years ahead of any team in your division. DaveyG as well is going to get Tavares next year too.

LOL ok. Admitt you're scared though, Division Supreme is in a much better position though then your division. The farm team of Nell, myself, and Broadway is light years ahead of any team in your division. DaveyG as well is going to get Tavares next year too.
hahahahahagood one
I'm not as worried about the farm teams on you+Nell, but moreso Broadway. Mostly because his strength is also on his young guns on his main roster, AND backed up by a strong farm. Oh, and if a strong farm is all someone has, a la Danny, MAYBE they have a shot at 2011-2012. Talk to me then if Im scared! Nell is pretty solid all around, but got kinda screwed by Radulov and his roster is not as solid as I'd like for this year. 09-10 i like his chances.You are a contender for the Tampa Bay Lightning circa 2007 crown. All kinds of star forwards at the top, capped to the max and then some, but no depth, D and gtd to speak of. But I have faith you will make some more moves and strengthen yourself accordingly!I admit your division is closing the gap....for roster strength in July! Lets see what the main auction brings. I have all the confidence in the world in Jay, Rich, Adam and hell, even that newbie Zach. and Tavares is going to be in our division.....I'd be willing to put a side wager on that one if your up for it.

LOL, no thanks on the side wager for Tavares. There will be about 6 teams fighting for Tavares and your division owns 3 of those picks, lol. Our division has one chance. And the Tugnutt has two. I'm just teasing you about divisions, lol, yours is stronger now, and honestly I think it will be stronger during the year as well. Your division should send 4 to the playoffs again, I think our division will send 3, and the tugnutt will send 1. I'm not as sold on Broadway's team as much as everybody else I guess, I think Nell's team is in a better position then Broadways. I think Broadway likely this year will grab the final playoff spot. As for my team, depth and defencemen won't be a problem, that will be solved at the FA draft. As for my goaltending, my goaltending has always sucked, but it hasn't been that big a deal.

LOL, no thanks on the side wager for Tavares. There will be about 6 teams fighting for Tavares and your division owns 3 of those picks, lol. Our division has one chance. And the Tugnutt has two. I'm just teasing you about divisions, lol, yours is stronger now, and honestly I think it will be stronger during the year as well. Your division should send 4 to the playoffs again, I think our division will send 3, and the tugnutt will send 1. I'm not as sold on Broadway's team as much as everybody else I guess, I think Nell's team is in a better position then Broadways. I think Broadway likely this year will grab the final playoff spot. As for my team, depth and defencemen won't be a problem, that will be solved at the FA draft. As for my goaltending, my goaltending has always sucked, but it hasn't been that big a deal.
until last year! zing :club: lol
I'm not as worried about the farm teams on you+Nell, but moreso Broadway. Mostly because his strength is also on his young guns on his main roster, AND backed up by a strong farm. Oh, and if a strong farm is all someone has, a la Danny, MAYBE they have a shot at 2011-2012. Talk to me then if Im scared! Nell is pretty solid all around, but got kinda screwed by Radulov and his roster is not as solid as I'd like for this year. 09-10 i like his chances.You are a contender for the Tampa Bay Lightning circa 2007 crown. All kinds of star forwards at the top, capped to the max and then some, but no depth, D and gtd to speak of. But I have faith you will make some more moves and strengthen yourself accordingly!I admit your division is closing the gap....for roster strength in July! Lets see what the main auction brings. I have all the confidence in the world in Jay, Rich, Adam and hell, even that newbie Zach. and Tavares is going to be in our division.....I'd be willing to put a side wager on that one if your up for it.
Broadway's farm will change dramatically in the upcoming months. With 3 first round picks, new additions will be welcomed but the farm dynamics will not be the same with 2 certain callups with a good chance for a 3rd. Mueller, Sergei K. and Cogliano should be major contributors in 2008/09
LOL, no thanks on the side wager for Tavares. There will be about 6 teams fighting for Tavares and your division owns 3 of those picks, lol. Our division has one chance. And the Tugnutt has two.
I got a chance. But 3 things need to happen. First Tavares has to be the best player available ( no longer a certainty), second Tulane needs to finish last and third Tulane needs to not exercise his Tavares option ( not a bad thing for Broadway if mike exercises the option since compensation package is pretty sweet )
I'm not as sold on Broadway's team as much as everybody else I guess, I think Nell's team is in a better position then Broadways. I think Broadway likely this year will grab the final playoff spot.
Just got a feeling that this opinion has changed a little. I don't know, just a hunch

Here's some news you'll like OB.Maxim Mayorov had a strong development camp and has given his notice to his Russian team. He will be able to negotiate a contract with Columbus on August 1. Look for him in junior this season.

Sick thanks dude. Do you think he has a chance at all of being called up later in the season due to injuries? I just drafted a guy on Nashville with my late 3rd rounder pick. Antti Pihlstrom, he is projected to make the team this year in Nashville and maybe be on the 2nd line, likely 3rd line though. He impressed me at the WJC, as he was his team's leading scorer, plus he has a cool name.

In other news, the asdfjkl; have traded their late 4th round pick for Rob Blake. Rob Blake is only signed for one year at $2.50, but the asdfjkl; are very weak at D, and believe this will benefit them.

The asdfjkl; have announced it's pre-pre-season rankings of the teams. Although this could change as it still is very very early and there still are a lot of moves to be made. This is based on what teams have right now at the moment and does not take into account the FA draft and expansion draft. The bottom of the barrel (the worst)Kansas City ReservesIs this hockey? (the next to worst)The Ottawa LimidonksThe Royal Oak BeaversThe Black Devil HawksThe Tulane FlyersStill with a tiny piece of dignity (just miss the playoffs)The Halifax Money ShotsThe Injured ReserveThe Tracy McGrady Division (make the playoffs but get bounced 1st round)The Lost CauseThe BlindsidesMissing a puzzle piece (will it make far, but just not yet a contender)The Shaftbury Wheat AlesThe WhalersThe BroadwayThe Manny Pacquio Division (contenders for the title)The asdfjkl;The Alberta MaroonsThe Newmarket Hurricanes

The asdfjkl; have announced it's pre-pre-season rankings of the teams. Although this could change as it still is very very early and there still are a lot of moves to be made. This is based on what teams have right now at the moment and does not take into account the FA draft and expansion draft. Missing a puzzle piece (will it make far, but just not yet a contender)The Shaftbury Wheat AlesThe WhalersThe BroadwayThe Manny Pacquio Division (contenders for the title)The asdfjkl;The Alberta MaroonsThe Newmarket Hurricanes
Due to above disrespect, I demand a wager for the upcoming season. FCHL champion aside, I accept any challenge for the Division Supreme crown for 2008/2009