The Official Asdfjkl; Thread (08/09 Fchl Champion)

I think the top team has the better forwards and the bottom team has the better defensemen. If I were given a choice to take over either one of the teams (without viewing the farm teams) I would choose the top team.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an easily-obtainable upgrade in goal drastically improves biatch's team. I think homekeys is the favorite to be the better team next season, but long-term is a much different story.I think it'd be competitive and semi-close.
Long-term is a different story?I have a core for the next 3 years of Crosby, Nash, Tanguay, Gomez, Semin, Roy, and Kopitar. Not to mention a bunch of my farm players coming up.
I think the top team has the better forwards and the bottom team has the better defensemen. If I were given a choice to take over either one of the teams (without viewing the farm teams) I would choose the top team.
Thank you. I agree my defencemen are not strong, I probably have the worst in the league. But my forwards score so many points it wont matter, imo. I am trying to upgrade it a little but I think these types of leagues favour forwards a lot more then defencemen and goalies.
Long-term is a different story?I have a core for the next 3 years of Crosby, Nash, Tanguay, Gomez, Semin, Roy, and Kopitar. Not to mention a bunch of my farm players coming up.
I think his farm is stronger than yours, that's all.

I agree his farm might be stronger, but I don't this it is a lot stronger then mine. I would say just a little. His farm is:Oshie, TJ F 2 2007 1Nodl, Andreas F 2 2008 1Brassard, Derick F 1 2007 2Pacioretty, Max F 1 2008 2Tlusty, Jiri F 1 2007 3Zubov, Ilya F 1 2008 3Hornqvist, Patric F 1 2008 2Korostin, Sergei F 0.5 2008 4Lewis, Trevor F 0.5 2007 4Couture, Logan F 0.5 2007 4Carlson, John D 0.5 2008 4Vishnevskiy, Ivan D 0.5 2007 7Gardiner, Jake D 0.5 2008 4Chorney, Taylor D 0.5 2007 7My farm is:Van Riemsdyk, James F 2 2007 1Pihlstrom, Antti F 1 2008 3Bergfors, Nicklas F 1 2007 3Mayorov, Maxim F 0.5 2007 4Backlund, Mikeal F 0.5 2007 5Stefanovich, Mikhail F 0.5 2008 4Anisimov, Artem F 0.5 2007 4Staal, Marc D 1 2007 2Karlsson, Erik D 1 2008 2Smith, Brendan D 0.5 2007 6McDonagh, Ryan D 0.5 2007 4McNeill, Patrick D 0.5 2007 5Cohen, Colby D 0.5 2007 6I think both of of our farms are in pretty good shape in comparison to some of the other teams that have like 1 or 2 players on their whole farm system..

I think both of of our farms are in pretty good shape in comparison to some of the other teams that have like 1 or 2 players on their whole farm system..
TJ Oshie FTW!

the blindsides will be garner a first round bye most likely - with strat in tank mode and danny rebuilding i should pick up a lot of points in those guys which would make my route through the playoffs a whole lot better.

the blindsides will be garner a first round bye most likely - with strat in tank mode and danny rebuilding i should pick up a lot of points in those guys which would make my route through the playoffs a whole lot better.
That's why I think you'll win your division. There is no first round bye though. It is the top 8 teams now that make the playoffs.
I will challange you team Broadway. Whoever finishes higher in the standings between yourself and myself. $50?I have a vast majority of confidence in the asdfjkl;. They went on a run today in the rain.
I accept this bet at $20. The best part of this bet is that even if I lose, it will probably be because The Biatch has traded away ALL his future asstets to only crash and burn in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs and usually does. Mike and Dave can tell you about that. Last years Champion (Jay) doesn't even make the playoffs if I had the courage to call up Mueller from the farm.. Our league is too deep to have one team buy a championship for one season.
I accept this bet at $20. The best part of this bet is that even if I lose, it will probably be because The Biatch has traded away ALL his future asstets to only crash and burn in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs and usually does. Mike and Dave can tell you about that. Last years Champion (Jay) doesn't even make the playoffs if had the courage to call up Mueller from the farm.. Our league is too deep to have one team buy a championship for one season.
Bet accepted. Written up in the side bets part of the FCHL website. How do you keep thinking my team has no future? I have an abudance of draft picks, a very nice farm, and a solid core.

The asdfjkl; announce this trade with the Whalers:We receive:Hossa, Marian (DET) - $12 (one year)McCabe, Bryan (TOR) - $6.5 (RFA no raise)Rivet, Craig (BUF) - $1 (RFA tier 3)$2 of salary cap space in 08/09$17.5 of salary cap space in 07/08We give up:Derek Roy (BUF) - $2 (two yrs)It's sad to see Derek Roy go. He is an amazing player. But we think Hossa will flourish like two years ago when he has a play maker like Datsyuk. Also Bryan McCabe is a bit of a gamble, but we believe he could help us on a D wherever he is signed. Rivet will be a solid tier 3 D to help out D as well. Also, Detroit plays 1 more FCHL night then Buffalo.

Hope you'll like this pick Monkey.With our final pick in the 5th rounder, the asdfjkl; select Maxim Trunev of the Montreal Canadians.Huge sleeper, think he could be a big boom/bust guy.

The asdfjkl; announce this trade with the Whalers:We receive:Hossa, Marian (DET) - $12 (one year)McCabe, Bryan (TOR) - $6.5 (RFA no raise)Rivet, Craig (BUF) - $1 (RFA tier 3)$2 of salary cap space in 08/09$17.5 of salary cap space in 07/08We give up:Derek Roy (BUF) - $2 (two yrs)It's sad to see Derek Roy go. He is an amazing player. But we think Hossa will flourish like two years ago when he has a play maker like Datsyuk. Also Bryan McCabe is a bit of a gamble, but we believe he could help us on a D wherever he is signed. Rivet will be a solid tier 3 D to help out D as well. Also, Detroit plays 1 more FCHL night then Buffalo.
The only thing I don't understand is not the trade itself but why Roy is only signed for 2 years
The only thing I don't understand is not the trade itself but why Roy is only signed for 2 years
I knew I was going to be trading him when I signed the contract, so I wanted to screw over the person I traded him too.
The asdfjkl; announce this trade with the Whalers:We receive:Hossa, Marian (DET) - $13.25 (one year)McCabe, Bryan (TOR) - $6.5 (RFA no raise)Rivet, Craig (BUF) - $1.50, $1.50 $2 of salary cap space in 08/09We give up:Derek Roy (BUF) - $2 (two yrs)It's sad to see Derek Roy go. He is an amazing player. But we think Hossa will flourish like two years ago when he has a play maker like Datsyuk. Also Bryan McCabe is a bit of a gamble, but we believe he could help us on a D wherever he is signed. Rivet will be a solid tier 3 D to help out D as well. Also, Detroit plays 1 more FCHL night then Buffalo.
corrected the salaries on Hossa and Rivet going into this year.for the Whalers, this is a great move. We weren't keeping Rivet+McCabe and had no interest from other teams for these assets. So with Hossa going into his last year, we turned his 1year $13.75 contract into 2 years of Roy at $2. Whalers GM believes Roy will be very close in numbers to Hossa, and might even beat him in FCHL numbers. This well help open up cap space allowing the franchise to sign Jason Spezza and keep the rest of its core intact.and we're not really sure where our good friend Biatch is coming up with the stats for the FCHL schedule, since the commissioner hasn't even produced one, but we are awed by his sources. More importantly, we wish him the best of luck with this trade, as the Whalers believe the best trade is the one that helps both franchises. We are anxious to see how this works out for both teams, and eagerly await the I told you so's starting this fall.

The number of games is based on 7 game nights only. Once the commish adds the 6 game nights in, then I go further. But based on 7 game nights, the Red Wings play one more game then the Sabres. Rivet is actually at $1.25, not $1.50 as well. I know he isn't putting up huge numbers or anything. But he's an improvement from my horrible defencemen. McCabe if he can play too, we think he should be a solid contributer. Our D is starting to look respectable as well. Keith BallardMarek ZidlickyAnton BabchuckRob BlakeCraig RivetBryan McCabeVille KoistinenMarc Staal (farm call-up)