U.s Open At Torrey Pines

blah blah blah....Tiger's knee.....blah blah blah.....Tiger's knee :)In seriousness, who do you like? Does Phil finally end his US Open curse? Or does a no name win again.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blah blah blah....Tiger's knee.....blah blah blah.....Tiger's knee :club: In seriousness, who do you like? Does Phil finally end his US Open curse? Or does a no name win again.....
I'd be as surprised as I can be about the result of a golf tournament if Tiger doesn't win, knee injury or not.That being said, I'm rooting for qualifier John Ellis. He was the #1 on our HS team, and has been bouncing around mini tours since he left U of Oregon. He's won two events on the Canadian Tour this year though, and was the medalist in this Open qualifying, so hopefully this will lead to good things for him.

although i will gladly agree that tiger may be the best golfer EVER...it drives me nuts to watch golf on tv, showing nothing but tiger woods, even when he's 10 shots off the lead and the leaders are on the course. I'm rooting for phil, but i'm pretty sure it will be an upset nobody again this year.

I'm actually rooting for Sergio to take his first major. But it probably won't be at Torrey as his putter will have to be on FIRE.It won't be Phil ... mark my words (man I hope I don't have to eat those later).

I am in a golf pool and have to pick 5 golfers for the US Open, lowest score wins. Any suggestions??? Having a tough time this week with it being at a different venue every year.

I am in a golf pool and have to pick 5 golfers for the US Open, lowest score wins. Any suggestions??? Having a tough time this week with it being at a different venue every year.
A few of my non-Tiger/Phil picks for this one: Justin Rose (stole that one from Jimmy Roberts), Jim Furyk, Adam Scott. Furyk is my pick, after Tiger, or course.
mickelson.jpg
I <3 u.I am torn. Obv Phil has an advantage with his knowledge of the course. Never can count out Tiger... but I think with this long of a layoff, he is either going to finish top 5 or way down. My prediction is this years winner will be someone that surprises us. Should be fun. Nothing better than being on the couch, cold one close, and the US Open on.
mickelson.jpg
Phil is looking svelte there. Maybe he should always keep his arms above his head.....I love Mickelson and I would love to see him breakthrough at the Open with a win.

I really like the long hitters in this one. Seems like Torrey will be playing pretty long this week.I don't think that Tiger can have 9 weeks off and still win, but he is Tiger so you never know.My favorites are Mick, Ogilvy (my pick to win), Goosen, and Rose.I really think that Appleby is a sleeper this week.

I am torn. Obv Phil has an advantage with his knowledge of the course. Never can count out Tiger... but I think with this long of a layoff, he is either going to finish top 5 or way down.
Phil played his HS matches there, and has won 3 times there as a professional.Tiger has won there 6 times, 4 straight, as well as winning his Junior World title there when he was a kid.Is the bolded statement really that obvious?

I have a lot of action on this tournament. I should at least break even if Mickeltits outshoots Tiger. We are also rooting for Stewie Cink pretty hard. My other outright probably will miss the cut by 5 strokes or more...LOL at Tiger being +350 even though he hasn't played since the Masters. I love when Tiger is in the field, because he just ensures great prices for everyone else.

Phil played his HS matches there, and has won 3 times there as a professional.Tiger has won there 6 times, 4 straight, as well as winning his Junior World title there when he was a kid.Is the bolded statement really that obvious?
Obv. One of the announcers last night made a comment about just that. Andy North's reply was that all of the players know the course as well and that familiarity with Torrey Pines was not that much of an advantage to Phil and Tiger.
hyperbole much?
I could have also said holding my pud in my hand, but that would be you not me. :club:
If you are serious, I can share the greatest putting tip known to man. It is without a doubt the most important piece of info you can get: LISTEN FOR IT. Meaning, when you putt, keep your head down and don't look at the hole to see it go in... ever. If you look, you'll pull or push it. Put a line on your ball then line that up with the line on your putter. Look at the hole to gauge the distance, then never look to see if the putt drops. Focus on straight back and straight through, putter line on ball line. It's that freaking easy dude. Also don't be ashamed, I putt better than most 5 handicaps.
LOL
Why is he so good?
he has more talent and more focus/mental toughness than every other golfer. it is really that simple.

I was going to say something that Tiger's knee is really going to bug him today, and that he won't continue to make miracle shots after horrible drives.But then I realized it's Tiger, and Tiger doesn't blow leads.