Playoff Predictions

My prediction:West Rd. 1:Lakers beat Nuggets in 5 4Hornets beat Mavs in 7 5Rockets beat Jazz Jazz beat Rockets in 6Suns beat Spurs Spurs beat suns in 7 5East Rd. 1:Celtics beat Hawks in 4 7Pistons beat 76ers in 6Magic beat Raptors in 6 5Cavs beat Wizards in 7 6West Rd. 2:Lakers beat Rockets in 6Suns beat Hornets in 7East Rd. 2:Celtics beat Cavs in 5Magic beat Pistons in 7West Final:Lakers beat Suns in 6East Final:Celtics beat Magic in 5NBA Final:Celtics beat Lakers in 6

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Jesus,Please stop Kurt Thomas, Steve Nash, Manu Ginobli, and all Europeans on other teams from flopping every time somebody touches them. I have broken many remote controls after throwing them when a ref calls a stupid foul. The only person who should be allowed to do this is Vlade Divac (even though he is retired). Thanks for considering my request.Sincerely,King_Tanner

No surprise to me.....the Pistons lost game one. If anyone completely flames out this postseason and falls far short of expectations it will be Detroit.

No surprise to me.....the Pistons lost game one. If anyone completely flames out this postseason and falls far short of expectations it will be Detroit.
Agreed. That's why I have them needing 6 to beat the sorry Sixers and then losing to the Magic in the 2nd round.
Anyone else disappointed with the western playoffs so far. I wasn't expecting every series to hold to form so neatly.
I am. I had Lakers, Hornets, Rockets, & Suns.....so, early indications show that I'm gonna be 2-2.
Anyone else disappointed with the western playoffs so far. I wasn't expecting every series to hold to form so neatly.
Game one of the suns-spurs series was the only compelling one. When Duncan hit that three, I knew the whole series was over right there. Every other game has been a dog, or I've just not been interested in. The exception is the Dallas-NO series... watching Paul eviserate Dallas is strangely satisfying. If I have to watch the spurs play anyone but the Celtics in the finals, I think I may drink lead soup. The reason I'd like that series so much, is I want Garnett to have heads up with Duncan, to at least make a claim to the title of best power forward of his generation. I've loved Garnett for ever, and I really want him to do well in the playoffs this year. But if I have to watch another Spurs-Detroit series, or a Spurs sweep of the Cavs, I may never watch the NBA again.
I am highly disappointed that the Mavs and Rockets have basically decided to not show up so far. However, I am incredibly excited to see how the Hornets do now.....I think they look better than anyone thought they would be.If the Suns could win games 3 and 4 and the Mavs could show some life then Round One could be saved. Just remember, even if this round does not live up to expectations that doesnt mean Round 2 or 3 wont be fantastic. It is still early.

Mike Bibby is Ashy Larry, imo.The series are going just fine for me. I'd prefer the Suns don't make this a series. If there is a Hornets Spurs matchup I'm eager to see how it plays out. For some reason I feel like it would be a short series, but I'm not sure who would win. I think it's a matter of either the Hornets can beat the Spurs or they can't. And if they can, they're gonna do it in 5, and if they can't they're gonna be gone in 5.I really don't know though. Just interested in seeing it, if for nothing else to bitch about Parker getting his ass handed to him every night.

• 1 month later...
Lakers > NuggetsHornets > MavsJazz > Rockets Spurs > SunsCeltics > Hawks Pistons > 76ers Magic > RaptorsCavs > Wiz Round two:Lakers > Jazz Spurs > HornetsCavs > CeltsPistons > Magic Cavs > Pistons Lakers > Suns Finals:Cavs > Lakers(However if the Celts beat the Cavs, I think they might lose to the Lakers).
Damn-I'm good. I think most people realized I only picked the Cavs because I am a loyal fan, but when I said "if the Celts beat the Cavs..." that would have been my actual prediction if I was making a real bet.