Playoff Predictions

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a round one in the West....Lakers > Nuggets in 5.Hornets > Mavs in 7.Jazz > Rockets in 7.Suns > Spurs in 6.East Round One (ugly stepchild)Celtics > Hawks in 5Pistons > 76ers in 5.Raptors > Magic in 6.Cavs > Wiz in 7.Round two:Lakers > Jazz in 5.Suns > Hornets in 7.Celts > Cavs in 6.Pistons > Raptors in 7.Conference Championships:Celts > Pistons in 5. (thats right....not going to be a close series.)Lakers > Suns in 6.Finals:Lakers > Celts in 6.

predictions
Wow.I was talking to a friend about this last night and this is series for series exactly what I said. I didn't predict number of games though.

Lakers > Nuggets in 6Jazz > Rockets in 5Spurs > Suns in 6Mavs > Hornets in 7Lakers > Jazz in 7Spurs > Mavs in 6Spurs > Lakers in 7Celtics > Spurs in 7I get to see every matchup I wanted if this plays out. I wanted Spurs v Suns, Spurs v Lakers, and Spurs v Celtics. This would be by far the best championship for the Spurs, imo. Tough tough competition the whole way. I'm actually reasonably happy with opening against the Suns.Oh and I don't even know who is in the playoffs in the East, but I'll just follow the seeding and figure Celtics beat Pistons in 6 in conference finals.

Lakers > Nuggets in 5Jazz > Rockets in 7Suns > Spurs in 7Mavericks > Hornets in 6Celtics > Hawks in 4Pistons > 76ers in 5Magic > Raptors in 6Wiz > Cavs in 6Lakers > Jazz in 5Suns > Mavs in 7Celtics > Wiz in 7Pistons > Magic in 5Lakers > Suns in 7Celtics > Pistons in 7Lakers > Celtics in 6

Anyone wanna bet on any of these? I'm willing to bet with people on a couple of series, or team last longers etc. I'd hafta pay on absolute most likely, unless I could find a friend that would transfer on a different site... (not that unlikely)I'm thinking $20 range/bet would be most comfy for me.

I'm in shock.
I think the Celtics have by far the best chance to win the title this yr, at somewhere around 35-40% of the time. I'd handicap it at Celts: 35%Pistons: 20%Lakers: 15%Spurs: 15%Suns: 10%Other: 5%I think people are drastically understating how impossible it's going to be to beat one of the East teams that has had a much easier path and have fewer injuries.
Wow.I was talking to a friend about this last night and this is series for series exactly what I said. I didn't predict number of games though.
thats crazy. you and I agree a lot though. great minds think alike, right? If I was to predict a crazy turn of events, it would be Toronto upsetting Orlando and Detroit before bowing out to Boston. Also, imo, Boston's toughest out in the East is Cleveland, not Detroit.
Anyone wanna bet on any of these? I'm willing to bet with people on a couple of series, or team last longers etc. I'd hafta pay on absolute most likely, unless I could find a friend that would transfer on a different site... (not that unlikely)I'm thinking $20 range/bet would be most comfy for me.
I am only willing to bet with transfers taking place on Full Tilt. If you can do that, I would be more than happy to bet a few series with you. My first offer would be on Suns Spurs. If Spurs win you get 20 bucks. If Suns win, I get 25. Let me know.
I am only willing to bet with transfers taking place on Full Tilt. If you can do that, I would be more than happy to bet a few series with you. My first offer would be on Suns Spurs. If Spurs win you get 20 bucks. If Suns win, I get 25. Let me know.
Def not laying odds on that series, every single person on here and analyst I've seen has picked the peaking Suns against the floundering Spurs. I don't think I'd have trouble betting through Tilt, but if we figure some bets out, I'll ask around.
thats crazy. you and I agree a lot though. great minds think alike, right? If I was to predict a crazy turn of events, it would be Toronto upsetting Orlando and Detroit before bowing out to Boston. Also, imo, Boston's toughest out in the East is Cleveland, not Detroit.
Is Boston's great team defense more vulnerable to a one-man attack like Lebron or a balanced offense like Detroit?I could probably talk myself into a Dallas first round upset just because New Orleans apparently can't win in Dallas and they are inexperienced. But then again, Chris Paul.I could also talk myself into Boston winning it all, but KG's past playoffs worry me.
That's like a Lakers fan saying they will win the west, no bias at all :club:
Oh but again, just because I live in Detroit does not make me a Pistons fan. I can say with honesty and conviction I have not watched one single Pistons game all year. I can also say I have never looked to see what their record is or what a score of their game is. This "prediction" is based on nothing but knowing the hype around Boston and believing that it just plain won't happen. I don't like basketball.
Toronto can beat Orlando, it will be a nice matchup of two of the three best big men in the conference with Bosh/Howard going at it.I also think the Wizards can beat the Cavs with Arenas back.
Toronto can beat Orlando, it will be a nice matchup of two of the three best big men in the conference with Bosh/Howard going at it.
He (and I) picked Toronto to beat Orlando. He was saying he could see Toronto beating Detroit in the 2nd round.

Lakers > NuggetsHornets > MavsJazz > Rockets Spurs > SunsCeltics > Hawks Pistons > 76ers Magic > RaptorsCavs > Wiz Round two:Lakers > Jazz Spurs > HornetsCavs > CeltsPistons > Magic Cavs > Pistons Lakers > Suns Finals:Cavs > Lakers(However if the Celts beat the Cavs, I think they might lose to the Lakers).