Watched The Breakfast Club for the first time in years this weekend. Can't believe that movie is 27 years old. It looks and feels like it could have been made yesterday. The characters were ridiculously stereotypical, but man could you relate to them all. Acting by the brat pack guys was amazing. Anthony Michael Hall, Emilio estevez, Molly ringwald, and Judd Nelson. If you younger people have missed this one it's definitely worth your time to check it out. One of the best of the 80's IMO.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

The Descendents. Very good. I'm shocked at how much I loved a movie whose central theme was infidelity. However, I think they handled it almost perfectly. The odds that Clooney bedded his oldest "daughter" in that movie is 1:1.It wasn't even close to as good as Michael Clayton (but that's not the movies fault, as much as it's a complement to Michael Clayton), but it was good enough that I would recommend it to others, which is amazing, considering how little I recommend movies to actual real-life people.

Michael Clayton.Very solid John Grishamish movie, I enjoyed it. George Clooney was great, Sidney Pollack was great, Tom Wikinson was incredible.
thanks for posting this. it gives me an excuse to post a quote of a post which I've quoted twice and despite not getting any response to it from others it makes me laugh/giggle a little too much. I'm not sure if that brings it up or down for other people.
nhl_g_shatner_200.jpgDoes it look like I'm negotiating?
I need to do something else with my life

Hit So HardIt's a doc that follows the life of Patty Schemel, the drummer from Hole. There's lots of private video of her time on the famecoaster, as well as present day interviews featuring Courtney Love, Eric Erlandson, and Melissa auf der Maur. Schemel is a recovering drug addict, lesbian, and has seen her share of darkness. I liked this movie, but really felt frustrated at the filmmaking. There's nothing cinematic, way too much text on the screen, and almost no opposing view points offered. Every person interviewed will all tell you drug addiction is a terrible thing, yes they were all in big business together, and no, there's nothing anyone can do for one another (except cash the checks!).Netflix, or Hulu, or whatevs.

well now i don't know what to think.
I'm probably being too hard on it; I don't really remember anything about it now except that I didn't like it. If you look in the Coen's thread, it's consistently ranked near the bottom in everyone's lists. But that doesn't really say much since all their other movies are the tits.

Drive.Problems: The entire flow of the NASCAR subplot was retarded, and took away from the story. I was also pissed that they went for a safe ending, where everything went according to plan, and yet the big twist was that he left the money. **** that. The mob has no idea who he is. He just needs to throw away the jacket and take the girl and kid and leave the country. No one would ever find him. I was also sad that it was so short. That movie FLEW by, it couldn't have been longer than an hour and a half. I mean, I guess it could, but it felt like about 1:20 or so. And that's even with the NASCAR subplot. Why not show him doing more jobs? The only jobs they show him on were the opening sequence and the pawn shop. There needed to be at least one more long driving scene.Pros: The movie was awesome. Way better than I expected. I loved the opening sequence where he was ducking and jiving and ditching the cops. So awesome. I hope there's a sequel. Ryan Gosling was pretty awesome.

I think the idea was that if the mob doesn't find the money with the the guy's body (he was so fucking good in that movie), they'd start digging and putting the pieces together. Eventually they might catch up to Gosling and his peoples.We Bought A Zoo: Sue me, I like animals and Matt Damon movies. It was as corny as you'd expect, but I liked it.

Safe House.Standard Denzel Washington flick. Ryan Reynolds speaks French in the movie, so **** that guy for being so awesome.

The Man Who Wasn't Therehilarious. dark. love it. tony shalhoub kills it.
I thought it sucked balls.
i'd say i'm in between you two. i thought it was solid, but not spectacular.tony shalhoub did kill it though.