In The Line of Fire (1993)Secret Service agent Frank Horrigan couldn't save Kennedy, but he's determined not to let a clever assassin take out this president.Eastwood/Malkovich movie. Like most movies from the 90s (at least pre sixth sense era) it's a very predictable movie but at the same extremely entertaining and engaging. Malkovich is such a good actor and I definitely need to see more of his films.Got any John Malkovich movie suggestions? (minus rounders/con air)
I liked Of Mice and Men.I also enjoyed Being John Malkovich (which isn't really a John Malkovich movie) and Jennifer 8.Have you seen Empire of the Sun?and obviously Burn After Reading.
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

Thanks guys, I'll check them out this week. I threw one on called Ripley's Game. About mid way through with Malkovich & Ray Winstone. So far it's pretty good. Tom Ripley persuades a man to commit a murder for a large sum of money. The situation goes out of control, and that man must escape trouble.

Book of Eli. wtf was that all about. I get that it's a book... but I all I could think of after the movie was wtf is this all about? The guy is saving the Bible?? That is it? Sorry no spoiler function... but wow what a boring lame premise. Also, they didn't explain how he got all his powers. God giving him the power to kick ass and kill people doesn't make sense. So what gives. Nobody see this. Random, weird movie. DENZEL I LIKE YOU A LOT BUT CMON

Thanks guys, I'll check them out this week. I threw one on called Ripley's Game. About mid way through with Malkovich & Ray Winstone. So far it's pretty good. Tom Ripley persuades a man to commit a murder for a large sum of money. The situation goes out of control, and that man must escape trouble.
I enjoyed reading the Ripley books (Patricia Highsmith). Not convinced the movies really do them justice, but from what I have read the one with Malkovich is the best one.
I enjoyed reading the Ripley books (Patricia Highsmith). Not convinced the movies really do them justice, but from what I have read the one with Malkovich is the best one.
It was pretty good, nothing great mind you.
Book of Eli. wtf was that all about. I get that it's a book... but I all I could think of after the movie was wtf is this all about? The guy is saving the Bible?? That is it? Sorry no spoiler function... but wow what a boring lame premise. Also, they didn't explain how he got all his powers. God giving him the power to kick ass and kill people doesn't make sense. So what gives. Nobody see this. Random, weird movie. DENZEL I LIKE YOU A LOT BUT CMON

I thought they were trying to make the connection to the notion that religion has been used to control people throughout history and Oldman's character wanted to start up the whole thing of the state controlling the masses through religion.Did Denzel have special powers? He said he had been on the quest for over 10 years, that alone would make you pretty tough.Kicking butt could just be a learned trait from being on the road.They kind of left it open to decide if you think he was blind the whole time, or was blind a long time ago but got his sight back.Maybe God cured his blindness then told him to go west, then left him on his own to carry out the mission?The idea of God telling anyone to go to San Francisco is where I lost faith in the movie's credibility.That and the chick from Flash Dance being so smooth skinned in such a rough environment.

I thought they were trying to make the connection to the notion that religion has been used to control people throughout history and Oldman's character wanted to start up the whole thing of the state controlling the masses through religion.Did Denzel have special powers? He said he had been on the quest for over 10 years, that alone would make you pretty tough.Kicking butt could just be a learned trait from being on the road.They kind of left it open to decide if you think he was blind the whole time, or was blind a long time ago but got his sight back.Maybe God cured his blindness then told him to go west, then left him on his own to carry out the mission?The idea of God telling anyone to go to San Francisco is where I lost faith in the movie's credibility.That and the chick from Flash Dance being so smooth skinned in such a rough environment.
It wasn't a kung fu movie so I assumed that he had special powers since he could kill like 30 people all trying to jump him at the same time.I didn't even catch the stuff about him being blind, I must have not been listening or missed that part.
It wasn't a kung fu movie so I assumed that he had special powers since he could kill like 30 people all trying to jump him at the same time.I didn't even catch the stuff about him being blind, I must have not been listening or missed that part.

Yea the Bible being in Braille at the end I thought was supposed to give us that M.Night ShamWhammy thing about "Oh my goodness..he doens't even see live people"I mean we were supposed to believe that chicks sitting on the ground next to broken concrete structures would trap travelers 20 miles from nowhere, so why not go with one bad dude who eats cats can knock 30 guys out with a knife and a lot of silhouette action?

It's come out on bluray...isn't it too late to need spoilers?
I don't plan on watching it anyway and would've read it even if you put it in spoiler tags.But...I think if a movie has an M.Night ShamWhammy thing, then we should be more careful about it.
my god you're stupid.

Shutter Island- Leonardo DiCaprio-which I don't like at all,acted his best role ever i think. Great story,great Scorcese,sick turnovers 9/10Gone baby gone- drama about two detectives trying to find missing girl. Nice act, little too long movie. 7/10

Shutter Island- Leonardo DiCaprio-which I don't like at all,acted his best role ever i think. Great story,great Scorcese,sick turnovers 9/10Gone baby gone- drama about two detectives trying to find missing girl. Nice act, little too long movie. 7/10
Just curious, why don't you like Leo at all. Most of his recent movies have been pretty amazing imo.
Just curious, why don't you like Leo at all. Most of his recent movies have been pretty amazing imo.
??Is this different than his early movies? He's pretty incredible in What's eating Gilbert Grape, and that was 20 years ago.
Nothing special, it's just about he is not my type of actor. But he is great in SI and Body of lies i must say.

Spiderman 3I liked it. So much better than Spiderman 2, but that wasn't hard because the second one sucked hard imo.

I think I could have done without the dance musical interlude at the jazz bar, but I'm ok with it. This movie has a little of everything...action, comedy, cheesiness, etc...

The Sandman scenes were awesome and Venom is teh shit.Year OneI thought it was hilarious. "Oh, well, she's just asking for splinters now." LOL

??Is this different than his early movies? He's pretty incredible in What's eating Gilbert Grape, and that was 20 years ago.
sorrrrrry brvhearrrrtI'm not saying he was a bad actor earlier in his career. Just all of his recent movies have been huge hits compared to movies like The Island and Romeo and Juliet.
sorrrrrry brvhearrrrtI'm not saying he was a bad actor earlier in his career. Just all of his recent movies have been huge hits compared to movies like The Island and Romeo and Juliet.
You mean The Beach.