So Cal Vs. Vegas Players

Well like everybody else I'm getting a stake together and head'in for Vegas this summer.Last year I went and dominated every game I played. I think its because the players areso different in comparison to california players. There were two kinds of games I playedlast year. Games with weak players and games with really good players. I did great in both.I dominated the weak players and out played the really good players. Those of you who play in california, especially in LA. Know what I'm talking about when I sayits really hard to get someone to laydown a hand out here. Gutshots, flush draws, bottom pair,etc...EVEN IF ITS FOR ALL THEIR CHIPS AND THEY AREN'T GETTING ANY ODDS. I believe thereare way to many gamblers here. I know that a lot of you think that those are the players wemake our money on, but I believe those are the players who lay down those bad beats, whohave no etiquette (always asking to see the loosing hand) Honestly I'd rather play with a playerwho knows when to lay down a hand. I guess I've just been edgy lately because of all my handsthat haven't been holding up. I'm definitely excited about getting out to Vegas though...I'm not a high stakes player. I mostly play $200-$500 buy'in games. But if its gonna be anythinglike last year, the side games are gonna be really juicy! My first trip last year I booked a $5,000win in only two days (including the $600 I lost playing blackjack) My second trip I booked $3,000in two days. Mostly playing $2/$5 with a $200 buy'in, thats not bad in my book...I pretty much playedeverywhere except for a few places that I'd like to make it to this year...Does anyone have any good places to play in mind? My favorite places to play so far have beenMGM, Bellagio & Redrock...Any suggestions for soft rooms?

Those of you who play in california, especially in LA. Know what I'm talking about when I sayits really hard to get someone to laydown a hand out here. Gutshots, flush draws, bottom pair,etc...EVEN IF ITS FOR ALL THEIR CHIPS AND THEY AREN'T GETTING ANY ODDS. I believe thereare way to many gamblers here. I know that a lot of you think that those are the players wemake our money on, but I believe those are the players who lay down those bad beats, whohave no etiquette (always asking to see the loosing hand) Honestly I'd rather play with a playerwho knows when to lay down a hand. like last year, the side games are gonna be really juicy!
What's your definition of a juicy game if you don't like players who make huge mistakes and get a lot of money in with the worst of it?

try not to dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back, it'll hurt playing in all those juicy games.on another note, don't forget you can use all 5 cards on the board and the 2 in the hole in hold 'em, top pair on the flop doesn't always win. :club:

What's your definition of a juicy game if you don't like players who make huge mistakes and get a lot of money in with the worst of it?
This comment is exactly what I was talking about with the mentality of most players.I understand what you are saying, and you're right. However if you're playing with6 or 7 of these players at your table you're hands aren't going to hold up. Just likehow you know your pocket aces aren't going to hold up vs. 6 callers. Don't you thinkit would be better to play with weak players who are afraid of putting their money in?I guess it goes both ways. I think the best analogy I can think of is...If you drive in Chinatown everyday you'll eventually get hit. Yeah, you might have insurance and you may be the better driver but your chances of getting into a wreckgo up. However, if you never drive in Chinatown, you're not guaranteed not to getinto a wreck but you're a whole lot less likely to. (so many ways to take this phrase!)lol...
8K in two trips. Do you think you were running above expectation? Maybe just little.
In comparision to how i run usually in california, YES. Very much so. The thing is I wasn'treally getting extrodinary cards. I was just making extrodinary plays on the right players.Everyone knows you can't bluff a novice.
In comparision to how i run usually in california, YES. Very much so. The thing is I wasn'treally getting extrodinary cards. I was just making extrodinary plays on the right players.Everyone knows you can't bluff a novice.
If you made 5k in two sessions, you were probably getting cards.. Either that or you will be the best poker player EVER someday.

You know, it's funny that you had this experience. I generally find that most of my money made at the tables in Vegas comes from bad California players who play way too aggressively and chase everything and think they're good players. I'm not saying you're not, its just my experience that between the Cali folks and Euros, Cali players give away more money to me.

:club:
This comment is exactly what I was talking about with the mentality of most players.I understand what you are saying, and you're right. However if you're playing with6 or 7 of these players at your table you're hands aren't going to hold up. Just likehow you know your pocket aces aren't going to hold up vs. 6 callers. Don't you thinkit would be better to play with weak players who are afraid of putting their money in?I guess it goes both ways. I think the best analogy I can think of is...If you drive in Chinatown everyday you'll eventually get hit. Yeah, you might have insurance and you may be the better driver but your chances of getting into a wreckgo up. However, if you never drive in Chinatown, you're not guaranteed not to getinto a wreck but you're a whole lot less likely to. (so many ways to take this phrase!)lol...
:ts
You know, it's funny that you had this experience. I generally find that most of my money made at the tables in Vegas comes from bad California players who play way too aggressively and chase everything and think they're good players. I'm not saying you're not, its just my experience that between the Cali folks and Euros, Cali players give away more money to me.
:D I'll be in Atlantic City in FOUR DAYS for FOUR DAYS. Can someone tell me how to run good against the west coast donkeys?I want to make $10K in four days. K tx.
To be fair we all have a lot of money.We sell sunshine to Canada.
[ ] op understands poker[x] lol
QFT.This thread is awesome.