If You Could Attend One Concert In History

Miley Cyrus at the Phillips Arena, 2008.You're probably thinking, "God, that was a lame joke," but I'm totally serious. When she got out on stage and sung that implicitly incestuous ballot-duet with her Whitetrash father... I mean, can you imagine the cred' I'd have among the hip if I were so committed to irony that I were willing to drop several bills on a dumb joke? Well I can, and in this fantasy, I'm wearing a cape, and grad students in coveralls with FUCK BUTTONS rhinestoned on the back and box-frame glasses are carrying me on massive platform, like some kind of pedophilic Xerxes.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miley Cyrus at the Phillips Arena, 2008.You're probably thinking, "God, that was a lame joke," but I'm totally serious. When she got out on stage and sung that implicitly incestuous ballot-duet with her Whitetrash father... I mean, can you imagine the cred' I'd have among the hip if I were so committed to irony that I were willing to drop several bills on a dumb joke? Well I can, and in this fantasy, I'm wearing a cape, and grad students in coveralls with FUCK BUTTONS rhinestoned on the back and box-frame glasses are carrying me on massive platform, like some kind of pedophilic Xerxes.
God, that was a lame joke. A lame joke THAT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO MAKE!!!

1. The Band's swan song on Thanksgiving Day 1976 at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco2. 1970 "Isle of Wight Festival"Held August 26 - August 30, 1970Headline Acts (Wednesday) - RedboneOther Acts (Wednesday) - Rosalie Sorrels, Kris Kristofferson, Mighty Baby, Judas Jump, Kathy SmithHeadline Acts (Thursday) - Tony Joe WhiteOther Acts (Thursday) - Supertramp, Black Widow, The Groundhogs.Headline Acts (Friday) - Procol HarumOther Acts (Friday) - Fairfield Parlour, Lighthouse, Melanie, Chicago, Taste, Family, Cactus.Headline Acts (Saturday) - The Doors and The Who.Other Acts (Saturday) - Sly & the Family Stone, Free, Joni Mitchell, Ten Years After, Emerson Lake And Palmer, Miles Davis, Mungo Jerry, John Sebastian, Cat Mother.Headline Acts (Sunday) - Jimi Hendrix and Joan Baez.Other Acts (Sunday) - Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Leonard Cohen, Richie Havens, Everly Brothers, Pentangle, Donovan and Tiny Tim.obv for Tiny Tim3. Concerts for Kampuchea 4. Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus

Blind Faith, 1969 Hyde Park. Before my time, but have the DVD of the concert. Clapton and Winwood together were ridiculous.
The original Woodstock, obv. No concert in history has mattered more to more people. Of course, I would've had to be around 20 again. It would be silly for me to just go back as my present self.Another contender would be the concert where the Frampton Comes Alive album was recorded. It was obviously an electric moment, something clicked that can't be captured on demand, even by the best performers.
If I said any of these singularly, I'd just be sad that I missed the others when I had the chance, so I have to go with the whole list:Pink Floyd performing The Wall - 1980Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden - 1973The singing of the National Anthem, prior to the USA - USSR semifinal game at the 1980 Winter Olympics (assuming that I'd get to stay for the game as well)The Concert for NYC - 2001Dropkick Murphys - St. Patricks Day Weekend 2003The Beatles atop The Apple Building - 1969Audioslave in Havana, Cuba - 2005I'm sure there are a hundred others, but those are the ones I'd have a very hard time choosing between. If I had no choice but to pick one, it would be the National Anthem at Lake Placid, 1980.
I saw Dropkick in Boston on that exact date. It was pretty good. I would def pick the Band while performing the concert-film the Last Waltz, Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 1976.EDITDidnt know someone mentioned the Band but still.

Been going to concerts since '73. I used to keep all the stubs in several scrap books, but lost many of them over the years.I found this old one last night that had 2 of my all time favorite shows/stubs. The Who in 1980 Toronto and Led Zeppelin in 1977 in Detroit (Pontiac). To this day, the most amazing shows ever for me.Concertticketstub2.jpgConcertticketstub1.jpgI would liked to have seen Sammy Davis Jr. and Frank and/or the Rat Pack in Vegas in their prime.

Been going to concerts since '73. I used to keep all the stubs in several scrap books, but lost many of them over the years.I found this old one last night that had 2 of my all time favorite shows/stubs. The Who in 1980 Toronto and Led Zeppelin in 1977 in Detroit (Pontiac). To this day, the most amazing shows ever for me.I would liked to have seen Sammy Davis Jr. and Frank and/or the Rat Pack in Vegas in their prime.
Very Impressive!!!!My best was when I was really young, but I still remember it. Police, 1980 in Winnipeg. My dad knew one of the security guards and sneaked my brother and I in.Also, Kiss in Vegas '96 i believe. I went to Vegas for my 21st birthday. What a blast that was.
Prince, Purple Rain Tour (1985?) in Atlanta. Oh wait, I was there. I took a date and another girl to it. I pick this one because if I could go back in time, there would have been LOTS and LOTS of sex with the other girl later that night. At the time, I was too innocent (stupid) to pull something like that off.
I saw this concert at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto..a first date with what would eventually become my g/f. I'm thinking Feb. 85.Ahhh...google is a wonderful thing...Dec. 2, 1984. Two days before my b/day.

The original WHO, with Moon on drums. Saw them when they did the Quadrophenia tour with Zach Starkey on drums, and it was a religious experience.Also saw Daltrey with the Phillharmonic. Excellent

Kiss Alive II in Detroit in 1977.Nutz, I have all those stubs in scrap books also.
LOL!I was never a huge Kiss fan, but the shows were just sick. I was at one of the 2 concerts in Detroit (Cobo Hall) where they took some of the songs from to make the first Kiss live (they grabbed tracks from several cities to make that album apparently).On the back of that album they show some fans holding a sign, I remember seeing those clowns that night.edit: I found the pic! lol. We were at this show.KissAlive.jpg

Probably the first Beatles Concert in the U.S (was that the one at Shea?). And I'd be sure to keep the albums and ticket stubs pristine,lol. Also maybe one of the early Elvis concerts. I wasn't really old enough at the time to appreciate his music. Wouldn't want to go to his later ones where he got fat though. Oh and I'd love to see Buddy Holly. I know i know. I'm dating myself. But he really was one of the pioneers of rock & roll.

Probably the first Beatles Concert in the U.S (was that the one at Shea?).
No, I believe the one at Shea was their last major concert. Definitely a later one (not very late, but just at the point where they could no longer really perform live due to the maniacal audience and the fact that they were using a lot of orchestration and effects). My mom was there. She said it was hard to hear the music over the screaming (not hers).

dashboard confessional or nirvana mtv unpluggedwoodstock 69/99blind melon any show in californialed zeppelin or the beatles live at shea

dashboard confessional or nirvana mtv unpluggedwoodstock 69/99blind melon any show in californialed zeppelin or the beatles live at shea