****official Chicago Cubs****

If he is key for the Cubs I don't like their chances. What has Dempster done in his career besides be a likeable clubhouse guy and be touted along with Beckett, Burnett, and Penny back in the day with the Marlins?
So so true...if anyone knows baseball, then Dempster is no sleeper at all...he doesn't even have an out pitch. The Cubbies are in a little trouble if Dempster is a sleeper.
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So so true...if anyone knows baseball, then Dempster is no sleeper at all...he doesn't even have an out pitch. The Cubbies are in a little trouble if Dempster is a sleeper.
Hes the 4th or 5th starter. Not really depending on him to be a "stud' per se
I have had to shut off usually decent talk radio shows the last few days because they continually talk about who should hit where in the Cubs lineup. Fukodome 5th or 2nd? Theriot 1st or 7th? Soriano 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? If no trade for Roberts, DeRosa 2nd or 6th? Hours upon hours upon hours of this...How about this...who cares? You could arrange Soriano, Derosa, Lee, Ramirez, and Theriot any way you want to 1-6 and I don't think it makes much of a damn difference. Maybe to stroke egos, but in reality, what is the difference? The second hitter being able to hit behind runners? LOL. These concepts are outdated from the dead ball era, but these guys still talk about them, well, simply because they have to talk about something on the air. /rant(oh yea, and one time please? Just this once?)
lolIt actually makes a big difference on who hits where. sigh. Do you really want a big slow hitter batting 1st or 2nd?BTW, WTF am I posting shit in here anyway?!
I have had to shut off usually decent talk radio shows the last few days because they continually talk about who should hit where in the Cubs lineup. Fukodome 5th or 2nd? Theriot 1st or 7th? Soriano 1st, 2nd, or 3rd? If no trade for Roberts, DeRosa 2nd or 6th? Hours upon hours upon hours of this...How about this...who cares? You could arrange Soriano, Derosa, Lee, Ramirez, and Theriot any way you want to 1-6 and I don't think it makes much of a damn difference. Maybe to stroke egos, but in reality, what is the difference? The second hitter being able to hit behind runners? LOL. These concepts are outdated from the dead ball era, but these guys still talk about them, well, simply because they have to talk about something on the air. /rant(oh yea, and one time please? Just this once?)
The discussion is old and I don't really know what to anticipate at this point. My line up and some reasoning.(1) Theriot (fastest guy on the team and hitting in the one hole will make him more diciplined. He's hitting over .380 in spring training and if he even hits .310 with a .350 OBO he will be a monster run producer this year)(2) Soriano (a solid lead-off guy, who doesnt need to hit in the one hole to be productive. With his power and speed a lot of his 1st inning doubles could be RBI's and sitting in the 2nd spot he could be a .280/110/35/110/35 guy this year) of course with a lot of upside(3) Fukudome (He was the #2 hitter on the Japanese team, but throwing him in the 3 spot gives the cleanup hitter and Soriano protection and forces pitchers to pitch to him. Also to be noted it would be very helpful to have a left handed batter jammed in between Soriano and Lee)(4) Lee (Several years ago when he was a legitimit MVP canidate he was hitting clean-up and had monster numbers. Also for those inninnings where the Cubs go 3 up 3 down to start the game, wouldn't you prefer having the guy with more speed and higher OBO batting 1st and letting the guy with more raw power numbers with the RBI chances?(5) Ramirez (Good protection for Lee is gonna lead Lee to having a monster year as well as a ton of RBI chances batting with 2 on 2 out a lot of times this year)(6) DeRosa or Fontenet (Until Soto proves he is a monster with his bat also I suspect these guys will share the 6th spot for now)(7) Soto (Rookie Catcher with a lot of pop and upside would move up to the 6th spot to protect Ramirez down the road, all other Cubs catchers are pretty inadequate with the bat and the figure batting in the 8th spot most of the time.(8) Pie (Lacks power and less plate dicipline then Theriot at this point, still figures to score 50-60 runs in a limited role this year sharing time in CF)Cubs fan since 1978, WGN in Alaska has bestowed that curse on me.
^^^^^This guy knows baseball.
LOL, I guess I asked for it.Since I have days off during the week now I may attend a record number of games this year, if I am not lazy.
Yeah, don't see that happening.
I support this post.As for the lineup, here's my pick:TheriotFukudomeSorianoLee RamirezDeRosaSotoPiepitcher**except for days that Zambrano pitches. Then he hits 7th. :club:
That would probably be the best move the sCrUBBIES could ever make.
The discussion is old and I don't really know what to anticipate at this point. My line up and some reasoning.(1) Theriot (fastest guy on the team and hitting in the one hole will make him more diciplined. He's hitting over .380 in spring training and if he even hits .310 with a .350 OBO he will be a monster run producer this year)(2) Soriano (a solid lead-off guy, who doesnt need to hit in the one hole to be productive. With his power and speed a lot of his 1st inning doubles could be RBI's and sitting in the 2nd spot he could be a .280/110/35/110/35 guy this year) of course with a lot of upside(3) Fukudome (He was the #2 hitter on the Japanese team, but throwing him in the 3 spot gives the cleanup hitter and Soriano protection and forces pitchers to pitch to him. Also to be noted it would be very helpful to have a left handed batter jammed in between Soriano and Lee)(4) Lee (Several years ago when he was a legitimit MVP canidate he was hitting clean-up and had monster numbers. Also for those inninnings where the Cubs go 3 up 3 down to start the game, wouldn't you prefer having the guy with more speed and higher OBO batting 1st and letting the guy with more raw power numbers with the RBI chances?(5) Ramirez (Good protection for Lee is gonna lead Lee to having a monster year as well as a ton of RBI chances batting with 2 on 2 out a lot of times this year)(6) DeRosa or Fontenet (Until Soto proves he is a monster with his bat also I suspect these guys will share the 6th spot for now)(7) Soto (Rookie Catcher with a lot of pop and upside would move up to the 6th spot to protect Ramirez down the road, all other Cubs catchers are pretty inadequate with the bat and the figure batting in the 8th spot most of the time.(8) Pie (Lacks power and less plate dicipline then Theriot at this point, still figures to score 50-60 runs in a limited role this year sharing time in CF)Cubs fan since 1978, WGN in Alaska has bestowed that curse on me.
I'm with Cubsfan44 on this one. Soriano would be better served in the 3 hole due to his power. He would have Derrek Lee protecting him, and with Fukudome's propensity to get on base it would provide better RBI chances for the team.
^^^^^This guy knows baseball.Yeah, don't see that happening.That would probably be the best move the sCrUBBIES could ever make.
Whats the matter no traffic in the White sox thread?

So Marquis wins the 5th spot in the rotation. I really dont have a problem with this. Marquis has been a better than average 1st half of the season pitcher. just bring in Lieber for the 2nd half when marquis starts to fade like usual. Besides there are always injuries in any rotation. Lieber will get a decent amount of starts. Scott Eyre's injury keeps Marshall in the mix for the bullpen.

So Marquis wins the 5th spot in the rotation. I really dont have a problem with this. Marquis has been a better than average 1st half of the season pitcher. just bring in Lieber for the 2nd half when marquis starts to fade like usual. Besides there are always injuries in any rotation. Lieber will get a decent amount of starts. Scott Eyre's injury keeps Marshall in the mix for the bullpen.
that's only if Marshall isn't packaged for Brian Roberts
Congress aproved the Sirius merger today, now hopefully they cant get baseball up and running before the season is over
does this mean that I have to buy yet another receiver?
Whats the matter no traffic in the White sox thread?
Once, I or someone else starts one, we'll be there. Season hasn't started yet.Besides, I like to come in here and see all the hype about the Cubs and then at the end of the year see pictures like this.cubs-fan-crying.jpg
does this mean that I have to buy yet another receiver?
The receiver you have now will be compatable. And the price wont go up.
Once, I or someone else starts one, we'll be there. Season hasn't started yet.Besides, I like to come in here and see all the hype about the Cubs and then at the end of the year see pictures like this.cubs-fan-crying.jpg
Pretty sure that little girl has never jumped on the field and tried to beat up the 1st base coach.
Pretty sure that little girl has never jumped on the field and tried to beat up the 1st base coach.
And we don't come up with excuses of why we didn't go to the World Series.Cubs_Scapegoating.jpg
And we don't come up with excuses of why we didn't go to the World Series.Cubs_Scapegoating.jpg
[ x ] dumb[ ] funny
Almost forgot, Happy Anniversary!!Cubs_1908.jpg
[ ] dumb[x] kinda funny actually

Sheets and Zambrano match 0's for 6+ innings then Kerry Wood and Eric Gagne match 3's for 1 inning.Good stuff.EDIT: lol @ Gagne getting the win.

Anyone else ready for the Kerry Wood era to be over? Kerry wood broke my heart, I was in love with him in 98. Fuck You Dome was incredible in his debut. This is a good way to introduce you to cubs fans. I predict Fuck You Fever will be blazing by may.

Geez, only the 2nd game of the season:

By RICK GANO, AP Sports WriterFans at Wrigley Field started to boo the Cubs in the sixth when Milwaukee scored without a hit thanks to two walks, three stolen bases and a Soto’s error.

The booing was a little silly, but Soto deserved a lot of that. Who double pumps and then makes the throw anyway? Surprising, it ended up in center field. And don't be afraid to get your body in front of the ball the very next pitch instead of trying to backhand it was batting practice. Kid can hit but I dunno about that stuff.

Geez, only the 2nd game of the season:
I also turned the game off for the 1st time this season after that. (I always end up turning it right back on but baaah. Shit like that pisses me off)Blah. Id much rather be off to a good start to the season