****official Chicago Cubs****

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The booing was a little silly, but Soto deserved a lot of that. Who double pumps and then makes the throw anyway? Surprising, it ended up in center field. And don't be afraid to get your body in front of the ball the very next pitch instead of trying to backhand it was batting practice. Kid can hit but I dunno about that stuff.
I also turned the game off for the 1st time this season after that. (I always end up turning it right back on but baaah. Shit like that pisses me off)Blah. Id much rather be off to a good start to the season
You guys do know that I was using it to take a jab at the Cubs right? lol :club::ts
You guys do know that I was using it to take a jab at the Cubs right? lol :club::ts
We know, we were just ignoring you. We figured since most of the Sox thread was about the Cubs anyway you'd double post this in there and we'd make the replies there, to continue to keep the Sox thread going, since if it wasn't for Cubs talk it would have already scrolled to the second page.
We know, we were just ignoring you. We figured since most of the Sox thread was about the Cubs anyway you'd double post this in there and we'd make the replies there, to continue to keep the Sox thread going, since if it wasn't for Cubs talk it would have already scrolled to the second page.
Nah, all my Cubs' haterisms will go in here.

Rothchild needs to go, Im sick of watching the cubs pitching staff give up way too many walks, constantly allow baserunners to take 2nd and often times 3rd, and Dempster striking out twice today while trying to bunt is just unexceptable. Jesus!!Id also like to add that I really really like how Fuko plays this game, I hope it rubs off on the whole team. Awesome approach so far this year

Just popping in cause I haven't yet.And that guy who posted that long lineup thing at the beginning. Almost right, except Soriano has yet to produce outside of the 1 hole, but not because he sucks, it's because he's a crybaby mental case who doesn't want to bat anywhere else.

My team's in first place...How bout yours?
Don't get too excited yet... Cubs are 10-2 against teams that probably wouldn't finish .500 in AA, and 2-4 against playoff contenders.
Don't get too excited yet... Cubs are 10-2 against teams that probably wouldn't finish .500 in AA, and 2-4 against playoff contenders.
If they were 4-6 against sub .500 teams what would you be saying?
If they were 4-6 against sub .500 teams what would you be saying?
I wouldn't have to say anything, because nobody would be talking. Although, I'd wonder what happened to those other 2 games, but that's not the point.I'm not saying the Cubs AREN'T a good team, I'm saying they haven't proven anything by beating up on little league teams. They could very well win 100 games, especially since 50 or so of them are against the Pirates, Reds, and Astros. I may just be a bitter Pirates fan, though.
I wouldn't have to say anything, because nobody would be talking. Although, I'd wonder what happened to those other 2 games, but that's not the point.I'm not saying the Cubs AREN'T a good team, I'm saying they haven't proven anything by beating up on little league teams. They could very well win 100 games, especially since 50 or so of them are against the Pirates, Reds, and Astros. I may just be a bitter Pirates fan, though.
This is the old damned if you do, damned if you don't, argument, like playing a cripple in basketball.If you win, obviously you're supposed to win, he's a cripple.If you lose, how could you lose to a cripple?There is nothing they can do besides play the teams on their schedule. If they win 100 games, that means they are, well, better than the teams, they played, which, well, makes them a good team. If it would make you feel better that they go .500 against the bad teams and have a winning record against the good teams, then that's fine. I personally don't give a shit. The fact is, no one wins against all the teams or you'd see 130-32 records. You don't see .800 winning percentage seasons though, this isn't basketball.It doesn't make them more or less likely to win the world series since the playoffs, especially in baseball, are mostly luck.
Shouldnt you be watching high school football or something?
This is the old damned if you do, damned if you don't, argument, like playing a cripple in basketball.If you win, obviously you're supposed to win, he's a cripple.If you lose, how could you lose to a cripple?There is nothing they can do besides play the teams on their schedule. If they win 100 games, that means they are, well, better than the teams, they played, which, well, makes them a good team. If it would make you feel better that they go .500 against the bad teams and have a winning record against the good teams, then that's fine. I personally don't give a shit. The fact is, no one wins against all the teams or you'd see 130-32 records. You don't see .800 winning percentage seasons though, this isn't basketball.It doesn't make them more or less likely to win the world series since the playoffs, especially in baseball, are mostly luck.
Beating bad teams is a requirement to MAKE the playoffs... beating good teams is a requirement to win the series. Agree? If team A wins 95 games and is .500 against other +.500 teams, and team B wins 88 games and is .600 against +.500 teams, which is the better team? Most likely, it's team B. I think you're getting a bit defensive... I'm not saying that the Cubs aren't good enough to beat good teams, and I'm not saying they are... I'm saying getting overly excited after going 6-0 against the Pirates in April is getting a bit ahead of yourself.I've been a Pirates fan all of my life, and the run in the early 90's is quickly fading... my judgement of what is and isn't a good baseball team probably doesn't mean a whole lot at this point.
Shouldnt you be watching high school football or something?
I'm assuming this is a reference to either the outstanding high school football programs in Western PA or in Texas... I'm not entirely sure, though.