****official Chicago Cubs****

Anyone else watching the game on WGN??? There seems to be a hiccup in the feed. Its like I am watching it on a crappy internet connection and its stops to buffer every 15-30 seconds. Is it cause they are broadcasting in HD and I am not using an HD feed? It sucks...but GG for Soriano with two blast in consecutive ABs.
I havent had any problems so far
  • Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have that problem with WGN HD quite a bit. I haven't noticed too much today, but I haven't been watching super closely either. Switch to the normal channel and it should go away.Also... WEEEE HOMERUNS!

WHAT THE **** IS THIS? WHO TAKES DERRICK LEE OUT OF THE GAME, REPLACING HIM WITH HENRY ****ING BLANCO AT FIRST BASE FOR ANY REASON???WTF???????????????

MBN to play a team that has never heard of getting a hit with a runner in scoring position.
Trust me when I say I know exactly how it feels. The Cubs so far this year are just damn near unbeatable at home. BIG BIG Allstar game this year imo :club:
Yes it is, thank you The Cubs so far this year are just damn near unbeatable at home. BIG BIG Allstar game this year imo :club:
Trust me when I say I know exactly how it feels. The Cubs so far this year are just damn near unbeatable at home. BIG BIG Allstar game this year imo :club:
I hate Selig for that. Why should the All Star game decided who has home field advantage?
I hate Selig for that. Why should the All Star game decided who has home field advantage?
I have never understood why it is not like any other sport, where it goes to the best reg season record.
The discussion is old and I don't really know what to anticipate at this point. My line up and some reasoning.(1) Theriot (fastest guy on the team and hitting in the one hole will make him more diciplined. He's hitting over .380 in spring training and if he even hits .310 with a .350 OBO he will be a monster run producer this year)(2) Soriano (a solid lead-off guy, who doesnt need to hit in the one hole to be productive. With his power and speed a lot of his 1st inning doubles could be RBI's and sitting in the 2nd spot he could be a .280/110/35/110/35 guy this year) of course with a lot of upside(3) Fukudome (He was the #2 hitter on the Japanese team, but throwing him in the 3 spot gives the cleanup hitter and Soriano protection and forces pitchers to pitch to him. Also to be noted it would be very helpful to have a left handed batter jammed in between Soriano and Lee)(4) Lee (Several years ago when he was a legitimit MVP canidate he was hitting clean-up and had monster numbers. Also for those inninnings where the Cubs go 3 up 3 down to start the game, wouldn't you prefer having the guy with more speed and higher OBO batting 1st and letting the guy with more raw power numbers with the RBI chances?(5) Ramirez (Good protection for Lee is gonna lead Lee to having a monster year as well as a ton of RBI chances batting with 2 on 2 out a lot of times this year)(6) DeRosa or Fontenet (Until Soto proves he is a monster with his bat also I suspect these guys will share the 6th spot for now)(7) Soto (Rookie Catcher with a lot of pop and upside would move up to the 6th spot to protect Ramirez down the road, all other Cubs catchers are pretty inadequate with the bat and the figure batting in the 8th spot most of the time.(8) Pie (Lacks power and less plate dicipline then Theriot at this point, still figures to score 50-60 runs in a limited role this year sharing time in CF)Cubs fan since 1978, WGN in Alaska has bestowed that curse on me.
Who saw Theriot being a monster this year? Really why isn't he batting leadoff all the time? I don't mind the 3-4-5 getting mixed up. Soto did indeed move up to protect Ramirez or in this case Fukudome and alas Pie with his lack of plate dicipline is starting in the minors.Just love seeing the Cubs prosper this year and with their roster it should last for another 6-8 years without doing a major overhaul; the only problem area will be replacing Soriano and Fukudome. Theriots' skill set reminds me a lot of Mark Grace with speed to burn. A good off season strength training program and we can book him for 10-15 HR's next year also. I'm just bored and loving the Cubs upside this year. My brother asked me if I could name 10 Cubs this year and I named 23 for him; thats devotion.
anybody got any hookups for 4 tix? im coming up there to goto the 7/11 game v. SF and need tix! pm me if you can help, thx!
Go to Murphys before the game.
Lets hit a game sometime soon. I haven't been yet this year.
Sounds good, you available on weeknights right? Ill get the tickets from my mom some night
Thanks for inviting me jackasses. If you let me go count me in except for the weekend of the 27th, I got a wedding that weekend.
you guys all wanna go when I come to town? maybe hit up bars before the game or somethin. this will make xxeddie werk harder on getting an I.d. too
you guys all wanna go when I come to town? maybe hit up bars before the game or somethin. this will make xxeddie werk harder on getting an I.d. too
Dates? And in Chicago we don't "maybe" hit up the bars before games.
When are you in town?Kurt, How about the weekend of the 27th does that work for you? :club: