A Huge Thank You To Gallo, Stupidkid888 And Fcp In General!

i must say though, i've met Gallo in person and he is pretty much a douchebag in real life :club:
QFT!!!!!I keed I keed...Jorge is one of the cooler people I have met on these forums. Glad to hear he was able to help ya out!!!
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been on both sides of the staking equation, I must say I love hearing these kinds of stories. I've never had a stakee cash really for anything major, but this story reminds me of Elo and Ag. I blogged about this a while back, but for anyone who doesn't know his story (and he can probably tell it better than I..) he came to the forum a bit ago and took over the scoring of one of the $4.40 challenges. He built a slick looking website and maintained at least daily updates, as well as compiling various statistics, etc. What amazed me most about his time and effort that he put in to it was that he had NO stake in the challenge whatsoever. Wasn't involved, wasn't playing, didn't know any of the players involved...was just doing his part to better the community. I ended up taking 2nd in the challenge, and just as a thanks, I sent Elo a couple stakes to play some $4.40's and/or lower stakes donkaments. I didn't expect anything in return, I just knew he was a guy who seemed to enjoy poker and had a limited (if any) bankroll at the time.He cashed on his first tourney and without even discussing it with me, sent me the usual 50% that you would ship back for a stake. I was impressed -- after all the bullshit haggling you sometimes see here the exchanging of money, it was good to see. Anyway, I didn't send him the money for that purpose, so I shipped him back the 50% and told him to make something out of it.I haven't heard from him in quite some time (actually...now that I think about it - where IS that guy??) but last time we'd spoken, he'd owned a couple of the smaller tourneys on stars and actually had put together a roll >1k....Cool things can happen, and I really think this board has a few of these "warming" stories. That's why people get so offended at threads like that doucheclown earlier today begging for money when he had 30 posts or something....To anyone new, stick around, post, be cool, keep an eye out for stake threads...they'll come up. Nothing ruins a guy in this community faster than making beg posts as a newb.Anyways, sorry, longwindaments...

Seen him around in tournaments and on here a couple of weeks ago.Gallo is a douche, sucks out on me 100% of the time obv.j/k j/kStaked stoopidkid a couple of times and am in profit from it which is always nice.

Well done on building the bankroll. You've done well and lets hope you keep it rolling. Stories like this is great for FCP. A low grinder getting staked into games and building his bankroll. Great story.

You said you didn't know his real name... I think Gallo tranlsates into Chicken! :D :D
Rooster actually, but close enough :club: great story OP