The sticks last longer. :club:
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or what's going on.I don't think they should use them because they explode unexpectedly, and become unusable. If a wooden stick breaks as Gruven describes, you notice it on the bench. If you don't, and it is just cracked, you can still use it on D.
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys! and its THREE future NHLers: I'm not counting myself out just yet. theres always a chance....

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or what's going on.I don't think they should use them because they explode unexpectedly, and become unusable. If a wooden stick breaks as Gruven describes, you notice it on the bench. If you don't, and it is just cracked, you can still use it on D.
I'm not sure if you've played with wood vs. a one piece or not, but, IMO, using wood now would be like using these for skates...SuperStock_1555R-41024.jpgI'm only kinda joking.
I'm not sure if you've played with wood vs. a one piece or not, but, IMO, using wood now would be like using these for skates...SuperStock_1555R-41024.jpgI'm only kinda joking.
I always used wood growing up. Now, it isn't worth the $ to get a composite for beer league hockey.
I always used wood growing up. Now, it isn't worth the $ to get a composite for beer league hockey.
I disagree, I need all the help I can get.I actually use a 2 piece...Easton with Easton blade. I bought a 12 pack of blades last summer and they better last me a whiiiiiiiiiile.
I have an Easton Grip shaft and I buy graphite blades for $50 which last me the year. I buy the graphite blades because I find the wooden blades chip at the top of the blade when you take faceoffs.
I have an Easton Grip shaft and I buy graphite blades for $50 which last me the year. I buy the graphite blades because I find the wooden blades chip at the top of the blade when you take faceoffs.
I use a 110 flex Easton Grip shaft with this blade...25226.jpg

Totally serious question:We know you are objective and dont really support any teams, however if you can have one team win the Stanley Cup who would it be and why?Please answer honestly and truthfully with your reasons as to why.Thanks

Totally serious question:We know you are objective and dont really support any teams, however if you can have one team win the Stanley Cup who would it be and why?Please answer honestly and truthfully with your reasons as to why.Thanks
Do you mean this year or any year?
Do you mean this year or any year?
Any year..a hypothetical year where everyone has the same chance of winning
Any year..a hypothetical year where everyone has the same chance of winning
I would love to see the leafs win the cup. I've watched them struggle, and it would be a great place to be if they manage to pull it off. Other than that... the Oilers... since I used to work for them, I've always had a rooting interest... and this year, the Capitals, because it would be so good for hockey to unleash Ovechkin, Semin, Green, etc on the world for four full rounds of playoffs...
I would love to see the leafs win the cup. I've watched them struggle, and it would be a great place to be if they manage to pull it off.Other than that... the Oilers... since I used to work for them, I've always had a rooting interest... and this year, the Capitals, because it would be so good for hockey to unleash Ovechkin, Semin, Green, etc on the world for four full rounds of playoffs...
Lets hope you will get your wishes soon..I really would love to see the Caps go deep this year..Not sure if they have the goalie though..Should be fun
I would love to see the leafs win the cup. I've watched them struggle, and it would be a great place to be if they manage to pull it off. Other than that... the Oilers... since I used to work for them, I've always had a rooting interest... and this year, the Capitals, because it would be so good for hockey to unleash Ovechkin, Semin, Green, etc on the world for four full rounds of playoffs...
Thats interesting, I didn't know you used to work for them. What did you do? Oh, and since its Wed., any special guests tonight?
Thats interesting, I didn't know you used to work for them. What did you do? Oh, and since its Wed., any special guests tonight?
Well, this canadian kid who made it big in poker is in town, and I'm trying to talk him into coming in to do the show....
Well, this canadian kid who made it big in poker is in town, and I'm trying to talk him into coming in to do the show....
offer him a veggie platter,tofu and a nice veggie casserole..
Make sure and tell Scott Montgomery I'm a big fan. Autograph if possible!
Make sure and tell Scott Montgomery I'm a big fan. Autograph if possible!
Montgomery would probably sign it 'Gus Hansen', trying to bluff....
your welcome for the plug, now what the hell did you do for the Oilers??? :club: over/under on the minutes spent talking about the AHL and who DN should start in his next game night? I'll set it at 4.

If there is a chance do you think signing both Sedin bro's is a good move or bad move for the Leafs and their future, looking where they are right now. Iam thinking if they sign those 2 they will not have any cap space left to get anything else done. Defense is a bigger issue than scoring right now for this team and moving forward.

If there is a chance do you think signing both Sedin bro's is a good move or bad move for the Leafs and their future, looking where they are right now. Iam thinking if they sign those 2 they will not have any cap space left to get anything else done. Defense is a bigger issue than scoring right now for this team and moving forward.
I think there is one problem with the Sedins.... they will be 29 this fall. They have already told their agent that they MUST be contracted to play together, and MUST have no trade clauses, and no movement clauses. So they are a package deal. Rumours are that they are looking for 6-7 million for 5 years or longer. That means 14 million for two of them. If the cap in 2010-2011 drops to 40 something million, that's too much tied up in two guys who are good first liners but not superstars. Plus, they're going to have to prove that they can play in the playoffs, cos they've disappeared in the past....
  • 2 weeks later...

When you lost your hair, did you find it necessary to over compensate by calling people fat and short?Just curious.