• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys! and its THREE future NHLers: I'm not counting myself out just yet. theres always a chance....

Will the Oilers make the playoffs this season?Will Horcoff ever play up to the level his contract pays him at?Will beer prices at Rexall ever go down?These are the things I need to know!!!

Chris:In 50 words or less what did you think of Phil Kessel's debut and do you feel that he will be a major impact the rest of the season?

Chris:In 50 words or less what did you think of Phil Kessel's debut and do you feel that he will be a major impact the rest of the season?
I thought it was an excellent debut. He showed lots of speed, a little bit of expected rust, and the skill that is expected of him.
  • 2 months later...

Question:Two teams are at even strength.Players A has the puck behind his net and leaves it for a teammate (player B).Player B then leaves the ice for a change and Player C comes on.Player C then takes a pass from player B and scores.Player A will get credit for an assist but not a PLUS, correct?

Question:Two teams are at even strength.Players A has the puck behind his net and leaves it for a teammate (player B).Player B then leaves the ice for a change and Player C comes on.Player C then takes a pass from player B and scores.Player A will get credit for an assist but not a PLUS, correct?
That is correct, as far as I can interpret the news...
Wait, what? According to your outline Player A never leaves the ice.

I caught the end of the interview but it had something to do with a Leafs TV employee twittering about a MLSE employee. Do you know what Iam talking about, I tried googling it but found nothing, I heard Don Cherry also got involved.

I caught the end of the interview but it had something to do with a Leafs TV employee twittering about a MLSE employee. Do you know what Iam talking about, I tried googling it but found nothing, I heard Don Cherry also got involved.
Leafs tv producer Mark Askin ripped HNIC in general, and Don Cherry in particular on twitter. He called Cherry a chickenshit, and some other crap. Actually, I heard he did it more than once. It kind of violates an unwritten rule in sports broadcasting (but not in late night tv apparently!) that you do not rip the competition. They talked about suspending him, but I dont know if it ever happened...
Leafs tv producer Mark Askin ripped HNIC in general, and Don Cherry in particular on twitter. He called Cherry a chickenshit, and some other crap. Actually, I heard he did it more than once. It kind of violates an unwritten rule in sports broadcasting (but not in late night tv apparently!) that you do not rip the competition. They talked about suspending him, but I dont know if it ever happened...
Thanks Chris I just heard the end of it where Leafs TV decided to lift the suspension. I see this twitter and facebook causing many problems in the future.
  • 2 weeks later...

If a team sends down a recent call-up, for the purpose of saving cap space, fully intending on calling them back up before the next game, like the Sharks and Hawks have been doing all season, do those players actually have to travel back to their AHL team, or can they just participate in all of the NHL team stuff?

If a team sends down a recent call-up, for the purpose of saving cap space, fully intending on calling them back up before the next game, like the Sharks and Hawks have been doing all season, do those players actually have to travel back to their AHL team, or can they just participate in all of the NHL team stuff?
I'm guessing they can still travel and practice with the big club. They just need to be recalled before they are eligible to play again.http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26280
When this happened with the canucks I remember the player having to go down.
The player has to travel if the minor league team has a game. The team to which the player is assigned has a responsibility to ice the best lineup available, so if, say, John Mitchell was sent to the Marlies after a saturday game, and the marlies played on sunday, Mitchellwould be expected to be in the lineup since he is on that teams roster.
  • 5 weeks later...
I was talking to a customer from Ottawa yesterday and they told me the reason Heatley got traded was because he was Gary Leemaning Spezza's girl.Any truth to this?
I've heard two different sources say that Spezza gave them (one source) or their sister (other source) herpes. So maybe he was, got herpes indirectly from Spezza, and asked to be traded before they'd have to shower together and Spezza would find out.In all seriousness, I don't get why any of these guys ever leave the OHL until they're forced out. The puck bunnies at those games are just unbelievable, especially for the stars. I realize they still get puck bunnies elsewhere, but I don't think it's quite the same as those university towns in Ontario, where no lonely girl is more than a couple hours away from her favourite goalscorer.
In all seriousness, I don't get why any of these guys ever leave the OHL until they're forced out. The puck bunnies at those games are just unbelievable, especially for the stars. I realize they still get puck bunnies elsewhere, but I don't think it's quite the same as those university towns in Ontario, where no lonely girl is more than a couple hours away from her favourite goalscorer.
yeah, Im sure its really never the same when you go from being billeted in Sarnia to being a multi-millionaire professional athelete in New York. having been in both places, I know how hard it must hit them. You just cant find the same quality that you see in places like Owen Sound and Sarnia.Danny, that was a rather crazy post, even for you. You doin alright?
yeah, Im sure its really never the same when you go from being billeted in Sarnia to being a multi-millionaire professional athelete in New York. having been in both places, I know how hard it must hit them.Danny, that was a rather crazy post, even for you. You doin alright?
Billet family FTW.I went out last night with a couple friends, one of whom brought several very attractive, single friends in their early 20's. I think it fried my married brain a little.edit - But are there really random sexy blond 19 year old's waiting outside of your dressing room in the NHL? I doubt it. I mean, I'm sure some action wouldn't be hard to find, but even if it is just because of security precautions, I doubt it is quite so quick and available once you hit the pros.
Billet family FTW.I went out last night with a couple friends, one of whom brought several very attractive, single friends in their early 20's. I think it fried my married brain a little.edit - But are there really random sexy blond 19 year old's waiting outside of your dressing room in the NHL? I doubt it. I mean, I'm sure some action wouldn't be hard to find, but even if it is just because of security precautions, I doubt it is quite so quick and available once you hit the pros.
I think that would fry my brain a little too.I hear ya about the ones hanging right outside, but I gotta imagine, its not that big a deal to hit a club of any kind and get what your looking for. Also, being a hockey player, its not like you get recognized in most cities! by the way, speaking of groupies hanging outside dressing rooms....I was floored a couple of years back to hear stories from a friend of mine about how often he had groupies/puck bunnies hanging outside his room in most of the AHL cities as well. He's a linesman!
I think that would fry my brain a little too.I hear ya about the ones hanging right outside, but I gotta imagine, its not that big a deal to hit a club of any kind and get what your looking for. Also, being a hockey player, its not like you get recognized in most cities! by the way, speaking of groupies hanging outside dressing rooms....I was floored a couple of years back to hear stories from a friend of mine about how often he had groupies/puck bunnies hanging outside his room in most of the AHL cities as well. He's a linesman!
Hitting a club? Way too much work. Plus, what if you accidentally assault a cab driver on the way? Or someone takes pictures in the limo, and everyone finds out you hang out with John Madden? Embarassing.Love that the linesman was getting so much action - I went to school in Guelph, most of my friends were from Kitchener/Waterloo so I knew lots of guys in the OHL. The best stories came from one guy though who's official title was 'assistant equipment manager.' His brother was on the team, so he basically just travelled with them for fun, his pay barely covered meals, but it was a fun way to spend a winter, and his brother was only 17.He was built like a player, and after every game would always splash some water on his face and hair (to make it look like he'd just showered) and leave with the players. Plus, since he wasn't a player, he could party all night and the coaches didn't care. The stories he had about the parties, and the chicks that would throw themselves at them were hilarious. From the couple games I went to, I believe it. I think I got a couple STDs just waiting outside the dressing rooms.