Official 2008 Patriots Team Thread

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you root for Miami these days, you don't have a lot to brag about so you have to take advantage of it when you can. On that note, suck it New England. Suck it long and hard.
How the hell does somebody have almost 20k posts and I've never seen them before?You have every right to brag and gloat and do whatever else you want to do...as a Dolphins fan you've suffered enough. Congrats again.
I don't think the Patriots would have won this game even with Brady.
Well I don't know if they would've won with him, but you have to agree that he would have at least kept the game close.Will the Patriots make the playoffs? Most likely. But this game goes to show how important Brady really is for that offense.
looks like I'm a moron. Go Phins. This game will be our season's calling card. I still have a mancrush on Ronnie Brown. He loves contact.
told ya. They always play the Pats well.
Disgusting...congrats dolphins fans. Good win.
Well the Dolphins could not have played better. They definitely exposed some Patriot holes on D. Big flaws. Should be interesting to see how that plays out. I think Cassel will be fine though.....he is good enough. He makes a mistake or two a game and he is not clutch on third downs like brady (but who is). Still, another good scouting job by NE.I gotta tell you though I was really disappointed in the Pats fans today. You could hear them booing LOUDLY at the end of the first half. Cascades of boos. ****ing New England fans. The Patriots should have earned a "booo" moratorium for at least a decade with how much success they have brought to New England fans. What a disgrace.
I gotta tell you though I was really disappointed in the Pats fans today. You could hear them booing LOUDLY at the end of the first half. Cascades of boos. ****ing New England fans. The Patriots should have earned a "booo" moratorium for at least a decade with how much success they have brought to New England fans. What a disgrace.
i wasnt able to watch this game but if this is true thats just ****ing pathetic
i wasnt able to watch this game but if this is true thats just ****ing pathetic
to confirm I am not making up the booing claim:from cbssportsline: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/features/wri...co/grades/week3The Dolphins, playing the second of back-to-back road games, went into New England and blew out the New England Patriots.The fans actually booed the Patriots in New England on Sunday. Ah, the nerve of the Chowder-heads.
  • 4 weeks later...

The New England Patriots announced their 2008 captains today. Quarterback Tom Brady, offensive tackle Matt Light and wide receiver Randy Moss will serve as offensive captains. Linebacker Tedy Bruschi, safety Rodney Harrison, linebacker Mike Vrabel and defensive lineman Vince Wilfork will serve as defensive captains. Linebacker Larry Izzo will serve as special teams captain. The Patriots' 2008 captains were elected by their teammates this week.---------------------------------------------ShanonReal Estate

The Patriots finally found themselves tonight....and I'm feeling a little bit better about the 10 win bet.
I think you have a pretty good chance. I would say odds are they win exactly 10. (imo, this is mostly due to the surprising overall weakness in the AFC this year). However, the fact that Rodney Harrison is out further depletes an already crappy secondary. How the Pats do in their last 4 divisional games (two against Buffalo, one each against Miami and the Jets) will probably mean the difference between 9-7 and 10-6 (and as a consequence whether they make the playoffs or not).

Not good news about Brady and his knee.ESPN Brady kneeDoctors are aggressively fighting an infection in Tom Brady's surgically repaired left knee.The story was first reported by the Boston Herald and comfirmed by ESPN's Wendi Nix.The Patriots, as an organization, are angry with the situation because they were clear that they wanted Brady's surgery done under the direction of doctors of their choosing in Boston, sources told ESPN.Instead, Brady opted to have the surgery in California by a doctor his family preferred, and now there are major problems. Brady was supposed to be back in New England by now, but a timeline for his return remains unclear.Brady recently acknowledged on his Web site that doctors went in "to clean and to test the wound" on Oct. 15 because of the infection. The New England Patriots quarterback has had two more similar procedures since then.If the infection is not brought under control, the patellar tendon graft used to replace Brady's anterior cruciate ligament could become compromised. If that happens, he will have to undergo another surgery on the ACL. That would reset the clock on his rehabilitation.Brady had surgery on Oct. 6, 29 days after he was injured in the Patriots' season opener, on a hit by Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard. Brady reportedly tore the anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in the knee.Information from ESPN reporter Wendi Nix and The Associated Press was used in this report.

• 3 weeks later...
If the Patriots win this game 10 wins is pretty much a lock.
and now our bet is interesting and I feel like I have the advantage. Now, they have to go on the road and beat Miami to have a realistic shot. Cant wait for that game. Gotta take care of the Raiders first though.
MBN to have a QB that can spike the ball in under 25 seconds...
The efficiency with which the Pats got down the field on the game tying drive was very impressive. That is why they are never out of it. Just a well coached team top to bottom.But Cassel is still just an average QB (though thats obv better than I expected of him) and their D is riddled with injuries. They will have problems getting to 10 wins (which a playoff spot will require imo).