Official Detroit Red Wings Thread

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Lindstrom is out for a little bit if Detroit will take to the market a little stronger. Loved the game though, intensity and a determined Red Wings team.
From what my wife just read from some local site, he should be fine. Little sprain, no concussion.
From what my wife just read from some local site, he should be fine. Little sprain, no concussion.
I'm hoping he takes the week to rest. My opponent in the Yahoo league has Lidstrom.
The Avs miss Sakic and Stastny a lot more than the Wings miss Rafalski and Kronwall.
Cleary, Rafalski, and Lidstrom. Sorry, but that is a lot of points missed. Plus I am talking about this game, not the whole season in case you were going somewhere else with this. Red Wings can't help it that they have depth and Colorado can blame their suckitude on missing 2 players. 2. Just 2. 2 players shouldn't make that much difference but oh well. Plus I am a Wings fan and I am bound by law to trash on the Avs.-Serge
Cleary, Rafalski, and Lidstrom. Sorry, but that is a lot of points missed. Plus I am talking about this game, not the whole season in case you were going somewhere else with this. Red Wings can't help it that they have depth and Colorado can blame their suckitude on missing 2 players. 2. Just 2. 2 players shouldn't make that much difference but oh well. Plus I am a Wings fan and I am bound by law to trash on the Avs.-Serge
They're missing more than two players. Off the top of my head I can think of Clark also.But you're right, the Red Wings are clearly better than the Avs and should cruise to the Presidents Trophy before bowing out in the first round. :club:
They're missing more than two players. Off the top of my head I can think of Clark also.But you're right, the Red Wings are clearly better than the Avs and should cruise to the Presidents Trophy before bowing out in the first round. :club:
I suspect they can make it to the 3rd round. Sure I hope the Cup but I know better than to give them a cup at this point.-anitserge

Of the games Nick missed in his career, the majority were due to healthy scratches (i.e. resting up for the playoffs). I was really scared when I read about the injury, but hopefully Nick will be ok. I don't know why people speculate they'll be desperate for a D-man because of Nick going down. Unless there is any indication that his injury is long term, he should be back before the playoffs. But they could use a little depth. I say they should throw Samuelsson under a bus and replace him with ummm, errr, Sundin? Hossa? Heck, even Fedorov! :club: (cuz Feds can play D too!)

I don't think its all luck. A lot of that has to do with him, and his ability to avoid injury.Then again, I think he is Superman, and the most underrated player in the game today, if not the last 10yrs.
How do you explain the fact that he's never missed significant time with a broken bone from blocking a shot (for example) throughout his career? His job requires a much higher risk of that kind of injury.Maybe it's just a reaction speed thing, or an equipment advantage? I don't know.
I'm hoping he takes the week to rest. My opponent in the Yahoo league has Lidstrom.
Your opponent has allot more injuries than that to worry about. I should change the team name to the Leafs. :club:
I say they should throw Samuelsson under a bus and replace him with ummm, errr, Sundin? Hossa? Heck, even Fedorov! :club: (cuz Feds can play D too!)
Hossa ftw...though i'd like to see a move for a big scrappy d-man as well.

It would be stupid to go after Sundin or Hossa. We would have to give up a decent player, a top prospect, and a #1 pick for them and are they really the answer? I was listening to the radio on the way home last night and it was nothing but trade talk and it was pathetic the deals people were saying we needed. People think the Red Wings can get a top 10 forward for a bag of pucks and a pumpkin pie. It doesn't work that way. There is no need to give up so much for those two players. I would like to see a good D man personally, that is where we obviously lack depth. Heh, some toolbags were saying we need to make a play for a goalie. Where do you think you are going to get a goalie good enough to take you to a cup with 20 games left in the season? And again, what, a bag of pucks and a slide rule? Some guy from Ontario called in and said that listening to Red Wing fans was sad because we are supposedly "Hockey Town" but no one has a clue. I think this city is spoiled by past trades that just won't happen as easily anymore. Hell, people were still saying get Blake this morning and duh, he has a NTC and is using it. lolI still am interested in Fedorov. He could fit in really nice and shake up the lines. You could roll 4 lines with Hank, Pavs, Sergie, and Drapes as the Centers. Plus he is a smart two way player and can play the blue line better than Sammy. He is not going to come in and pay 26 minutes a game, but he is going to come much cheaper and provide more than Hossa would. I think there is a reason Ottawa was not too torn on letting him go. But that is just my opinion.

How do you explain the fact that he's never missed significant time with a broken bone from blocking a shot (for example) throughout his career? His job requires a much higher risk of that kind of injury.Maybe it's just a reaction speed thing, or an equipment advantage? I don't know.
It's the lingonberries.
Go to Ikea, get some now!

Sounds like DMac will be a Red Wing again soon. Don't know how I feel about this. At first I thought it was stupid. I love DMac but I just don't think he can be the same player he was before in the "new" nhl. But then someone on the radio made a good point. He's free. We get a new player, a veteran, 3 Cup winner, for nothing. He can help give people rest down the road and he can be used much in the same way Downey has.

Hossa ftw...though i'd like to see a move for a big scrappy d-man as well.
We tried this once...look how that turned out. Hatcher = one of Wings worst signings ever.But I agree, that would be a nice fit if we can find the right guy.
It would be stupid to go after Sundin or Hossa. We would have to give up a decent player, a top prospect, and a #1 pick for them and are they really the answer? I was listening to the radio on the way home last night and it was nothing but trade talk and it was pathetic the deals people were saying we needed. People think the Red Wings can get a top 10 forward for a bag of pucks and a pumpkin pie. It doesn't work that way. There is no need to give up so much for those two players. I would like to see a good D man personally, that is where we obviously lack depth. Heh, some toolbags were saying we need to make a play for a goalie. Where do you think you are going to get a goalie good enough to take you to a cup with 20 games left in the season? And again, what, a bag of pucks and a slide rule? Some guy from Ontario called in and said that listening to Red Wing fans was sad because we are supposedly "Hockey Town" but no one has a clue. I think this city is spoiled by past trades that just won't happen as easily anymore. Hell, people were still saying get Blake this morning and duh, he has a NTC and is using it. lolI still am interested in Fedorov. He could fit in really nice and shake up the lines. You could roll 4 lines with Hank, Pavs, Sergie, and Drapes as the Centers. Plus he is a smart two way player and can play the blue line better than Sammy. He is not going to come in and pay 26 minutes a game, but he is going to come much cheaper and provide more than Hossa would. I think there is a reason Ottawa was not too torn on letting him go. But that is just my opinion.
I agree with you. What it will likely cost to get a player of that calibre is likely not worth the tradeoff. The Wings have continued to thrive through the 90's and 00's because of the incredible depth in our system and the excellent work of likely the top scouting team in the league. With our vets getting older, we will need to rely on some of the youth we are bringing up. Hopefully, we'll find another Hank and Pavel in there somewhere. :DI agree that it would be nice to have another reliable and rugged D-man. However, we don't exactly have a terrible defense core. Who has a better top 4 than us (when healthy)?Lidstrom - Rafalski / Kronwall - Chelios - yes I realize Cheli is old, but he is still very effective. Aside from Lilja that twit, the other guys are pretty damn good too. But it never hurts to add depth. That's why I like a great two way player like Sergei, esp if the price is right.And for the way Sammy has played, McCarty won't be a bad replacement. At least he can hit and fight! :club:
And Hasek's little hip flexor has now put him on the IR. I am only mad about this because he is my top goalie on my fantasy team, other than that, I don't care.
lol nothing against ur fantasy team but i hope he stays there cuz hes really good some games then just god awful others... if he starts the playoffs i swear im gonna throw a shit fit osgood deserves to start

Hasek's unorthodox style has always baffled me and caused extreme nervousness and anger fits, especially during the playoffs. It is beyond me why he goes out to handle the puck when he is absolutely atrocious with it. Secondly, I really don't understand the flop/flail. Sure it's cool when it works, but any player with some shooting/deking skills (like Selanne last year) has a pretty good chance. I know he led us to the Cup once, but I just don't think he's the right man. Ozzie has had an amazing season and has been playing as good if not better than ever. He definitely deserves to be #1 for this run, and with what Howard showed vs. Dallas last week, I'd be quite comfortable with him as back up. Move on Dom...move on!!!!!

Hasek's unorthodox style has always baffled me and caused extreme nervousness and anger fits, especially during the playoffs. It is beyond me why he goes out to handle the puck when he is absolutely atrocious with it. Secondly, I really don't understand the flop/flail. Sure it's cool when it works, but any player with some shooting/deking skills (like Selanne last year) has a pretty good chance. I know he led us to the Cup once, but I just don't think he's the right man. Ozzie has had an amazing season and has been playing as good if not better than ever. He definitely deserves to be #1 for this run, and with what Howard showed vs. Dallas last week, I'd be quite comfortable with him as back up. Move on Dom...move on!!!!!
Howard has definitely been playing well in this stint.
Howard has definitely been playing well in this stint.
QFTAside from the Dallas game I mentioned, he played very well the times Ozzie was yanked (although Ozzie had given up a shitload of goals in very few shots, 90% of it was defensive lapses and being hung out to dry, I don't blame him at all).