Official Detroit Red Wings Thread

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

obv disappointed with the first 10 min., but OK with the last 50. Howard played well sans the Radulov goal. Val and Jiri need to shoot more...

So what do we think about the rumors of getting Fedorov back in the winged wheel?I don't think it is such a bad thing. Solid player, verteran, and can play the D solidly as well. Plus I can take my Fedorov jersey out of retirement. I think giving up Kopecky is not such a bad trade.

So what do we think about the rumors of getting Fedorov back in the winged wheel?I don't think it is such a bad thing. Solid player, verteran, and can play the D solidly as well. Plus I can take my Fedorov jersey out of retirement. I think giving up Kopecky is not such a bad trade.
wtf? i had heard nothing about this...i have mixed feelings. is it just Fedorov for Kopecky straight up, or are we giving up a pick of some sort?
giving up kopecky would be a terrible idea for a old player like fedorov...kopecky is gonna become one hell of a player in the near future
I agree, but imagine Federov back on the wings.... I mean he WAS part of the wings team that won back-to-back Cups...
Federov is still quite a good two-way forward. He doesn't have the flash he used to, but he'll be a nice guy to have as a shutdown center for a playoff run.
still not worth giving up kopecky who is gonna be a franchise player in a couple years with datsyuk and zetteberg
That is a stretch.
Agreed, he has potential to be a good 2nd/3rd liner, but not a 1st. Though I do believe that giving him up for Fedorov is kind of stupid. I'd rather have a younger guy than an aging guy. btw, what's sergei's contract like?
Agreed, he has potential to be a good 2nd/3rd liner, but not a 1st. Though I do believe that giving him up for Fedorov is kind of stupid. I'd rather have a younger guy than an aging guy. btw, what's sergei's contract like?
$6M and an UFA next season. Yeah, Kopecky might be a bit much. Maybe an Ellis and a pick?
Heh, no thanks.
Did you even do the math? The Wings wouldn't be obligated to pay very much of his salary considering the point in the season...and I think it's a VERY big stretch to say Kopecky is gonna be that great...he hasn't shown many flashes of brilliance yet.
Did you even do the math? The Wings wouldn't be obligated to pay very much of his salary considering the point in the season...and I think it's a VERY big stretch to say Kopecky is gonna be that great...he hasn't shown many flashes of brilliance yet.
the wings are already dominant. why sacrifice ANYTHING at this point in the game? they don't need fedorov.
its that that much of a stretch when u look at who he plays with obv babcock sees something in him when he puts him out there with datsyuk or zetteberg
The kid is going to be an average player in this league. He is not going to be a 30+ goal scoring super star like Pavs or Hank. As rocket said, he will be a decent 2nd line or as I believe a solid 3rd line player. Probably 20 or less goals a year. How many games has he played with Hank and Pavs? I would venture a guess and say that he has not played a full game being on that line. Aside from that maybe 10 shifts all year tops. Clearly and Fil usually get the nod on that line when Homer is out.Jeffstrat, I agree that no moves need to be made. Why mess with a good thing. I am still trying to figure out why we got McCarty now playing for the Griffins before being called back up to the Wings. But if they are going to make a move, since they seem to feel a move needs to be made, I don't mind bringing back Sergie. I would rather see that then going apeshit and trying to get a Sundin type player.

umm yea not one of those goals were ozzies fault besides maybe the breakaway goal but he was going to fast so he had no chance and can that guy get some defense infront of him nash had all day to bury that first one

Yeah tis really shitty Ozzie is getting hung out to dry like this...at least we are so far ahead it doesn't really matter, but so much for the being on pace for another record breaking season. Honestly though, Feds was always my favorite player and I think I actually cried when I heard he signed with the Ducks. Every move he has made since leaving the Wings has worked out horribly (leaving the Ducks only to have them win a Cup, ending up on the Jackets and being plagued with injuries). I would welcome the traitor back with open arms. Kopecky will not amount to anything special.

Kopecky will not amount to anything special.
Maybe not a "special" player like a Datsyuk or Zetterberg, but he's a good hustle player who can score 15-20 goals a season and can play some D. Plus, as much as I like Sergei, he's getting older, and I'd rather have a young role player than an older player that may not even be with the team after this season.
Maybe not a "special" player like a Datsyuk or Zetterberg, but he's a good hustle player who can score 15-20 goals a season and can play some D. Plus, as much as I like Sergei, he's getting older, and I'd rather have a young role player than an older player that may not even be with the team after this season.
QFT
Funny last year, analysts pointed out how nice it was that Detroit had so many of those EXACT players. Aside from Dats/Zett, who on this team does not fit in the 15-25 goal range and is responsible defensively? I would say if anything, we have to many of those guys. We can't constantly rely on 2 impact players. I'm not saying picking up Sergei is a great move for the future. But let's face it. Detroit's dominance of the league is likely to decline slowly over the upcoming seasons while some of our vets retire and the young kids continue to develop. For that reason, keeping Kopecky is a great idea. But this year could be one of our best (and last) chances to win the Cup before Detroit is no longer among the favorite contenders. Sergei might get us over that hump, whether he's here next season or not. Just my opinion. Also wanted to add that Sergei is older, but his hockey sense is still amazing and coming home might rejuvenate him. He also knows better than to expect 6 million a season, so we might actually be able to sign him for a reasonable price to finish out his career here. Just a thought.