Official Detroit Red Wings Thread

sigh, didn't watch the 3rd period, and quite glad I didn't...oh well, bring on the Leafs on Saturday.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigh, didn't watch the 3rd period, and quite glad I didn't...oh well, bring on the Leafs on Saturday.
Yeah, I was watching Lost and catching the score updates on yahoo. Oh well. In all seriousness did anyone not see this coming. This was a classic AA vs 44 all in on the flop and the 4 hitting the river on Pokerstars. I loss like that is a good way to send a little reality check and there is nothing wrong with that, get them hungry to beat up on the Leafs Saturday.
be careful what you wish for....

Yes as the Sens and Montreal fans before you..lol...It should be interesting, as I dont recall in recent memory the Leafs playing an afternoon game on a Saturday..Hockey day in Canada....Good luck to the Red Wings...

Yes as the Sens and Montreal fans before you..lol...It should be interesting, as I dont recall in recent memory the Leafs playing an afternoon game on a Saturday..Hockey day in Canada....Good luck to the Red Wings...
good luck to the leafs as well.

I used to try and go to all the Leafs/Wings games back when they were in the same league. It was a great rivalry back then. I love a good original six matchup. Good luck serge!

I wish Hasek would just retire already...what a moron. Leafs played OK, but not that great. Toskala had a very good game though, as did Moore! Detroit played quite poorly overall, especially Hasek. Datsyuk looked good as usual though. GG Serge.

The Red Wings should have had a PP in the 2nd when Kunitz engaged someone I forget whom and they ended up going to the box without Kunitz. I believe a Red Wing was hooked on the play so it was 4-4 rather than a Det PP. I believe Huskins scored what would be the game winner a bit later. Calls were terrible all game.

The Red Wings should have had a PP in the 2nd when Kunitz engaged someone I forget whom and they ended up going to the box without Kunitz. I believe a Red Wing was hooked on the play so it was 4-4 rather than a Det PP. I believe Huskins scored what would be the game winner a bit later. Calls were terrible all game.
Actually, I saw that one as well, that was pretty weak.

lol @ the only part of the game that I saw was the shitty non-goal call...LFT. gg though anaheim.

Actually, I saw that one as well, that was pretty weak.
As a side note Carter and Huskins have really played outstanding on this roadtrip, both offensively and defensively. Conversely I'm happy Weight was scratched with the infamous upper body injury. He's been awful these last 6 games or so. Not just unproductive but also turning the puck over, etc.
Yes, that prick Kunitz punched Samuelsson, and Samuelsson went to the box. Not sure what the fcuk the refs were thinking on that call. Also, on the second goal, Osgood had tried to freeze the puck and a Duck (forget who) wacked it loose out of his glove and Schneider scored immediately after. I think that was a horse shit call considering sometimes the refs stop the play when the puck is clearly lose and yet Osgood has it covered and they smack it loose. The would be tying goal...what an atrocious call...unbelievable...I know Holmstrom has a reputation but he was at the edge of the crease and Giguere slid forward a bit while trying to make the save, barely touching Holmstrom from behind. But Homer did not back in to him at all. The puck was already in too before they even made a contact. What a jopke!
Yes, that prick Kunitz punched Samuelsson, and Samuelsson went to the box. Not sure what the fcuk the refs were thinking on that call. Also, on the second goal, Osgood had tried to freeze the puck and a Duck (forget who) wacked it loose out of his glove and Schneider scored immediately after. I think that was a horse shit call considering sometimes the refs stop the play when the puck is clearly lose and yet Osgood has it covered and they smack it loose. The would be tying goal...what an atrocious call...unbelievable...I know Holmstrom has a reputation but he was at the edge of the crease and Giguere slid forward a bit while trying to make the save, barely touching Holmstrom from behind. But Homer did not back in to him at all. The puck was already in too before they even made a contact. What a jopke!
Since it fits with the overall theme of your post... it was Kunitz.