Please No.....

oh man, THATS what he meant. I just thought he had run out of lithium again.
Makes "Reading of the Will Day a little more exciting now doesn't it? Sir Zuma
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes "Reading of the Will Day a little more exciting now doesn't it? Sir Zuma
possibly, but I'm pretty sure he'll blow all his "owning everything that the jews don't" riches on whores.thats his style.
Why do you relate yourself with a party? You seem like a fairly open-minded independent to me. Tell me, what makes you align yourself with the Democrats? Abortion? Free Health Care? Gayness? Annoyance at religion? I'm seriously just wondering.
Honestly, it's mostly because I'm very anti-Republican or anti-Conservative on many issues. I really hate some of the social policy that conservatives have forwarded over the last decade or so. Some of it sickens me. I hate the Conservative notions of "Small Government! Except when it doesn't suit us!!" I think it's the worst kind of hypocrisy. I hate the Conservative attempts to rationalize the legislation of religion (specifically) and morality (generally) when it is uncalled for. I think Republicans are generally more intellectually dishonest than Democrats. That might not even be true, but remember: I'm only 24, so my entire politically aware life has been Clinton years (got a beej, economy was good, Republicans tried to impeach but couldn't touch him because he's Slick Willy and awesome) and then Bush years (terrible economy, fascism, intellectual dishonesty in general, intellectual dishonesty in Iraq, treating Americans like they're stupider than they are). So, of the issues you mentioned, I side with the Democrats strongly or VERY strongly on the issues of:AbortionGayness Annoyance at ReligionI don't know much about Free Health Care, and couldn't really handle myself in a discussion of its merits. I think there should be some changes made, but I don't know enough to say what.Basically, I just hate Conservative Politics. Most of it is my upbringing. I think Guns are stupid. I'm from the North. I grew up in a very liberal household. I'm an atheist, and was basically raised to be one (even though both of my parents are religious to varying degrees). My politial affiliation was basically inevitable. Doesn't mean I want to blindly toe party lines, however.
Might want to check your facts there skippy. It's the Hillary camp that has been using the Muslim is bad card. The republicans aren't going to slam any of the candidates until there is only one. Let them spend the money to slam each other.And Mormons are a cult, do some research.
I wasn't talking about any "camp" just the word Muslim being used in a derogatory sense.EDIT: I did say conservative though, only because I don't typically hear liberals use religion in derogatory statements. That doesn't mean liberals havn't before, I just don't ever hear it.Christianity is the most successful cult in the history of the world.
I wasn't talking about any "camp" just the word Muslim being used in a derogatory sense.Christianity is the most successful cult in the history of the world.
I know, isn't it great?We totally control most of this country.I am excited to see what we take over next.
I know, isn't it great?We totally control most of this country.I am excited to see what we take over next.
Probably Iran.
I wasn't talking about any "camp" just the word Muslim being used in a derogatory sense.EDIT: I did say conservative though, only because I don't typically hear liberals use religion in derogatory statements. That doesn't mean liberals havn't before, I just don't ever hear it./quote]I think you must be deaf.I MEAN I THINK... sorry, copyright protected Ron Mexico inc.
I wasn't talking about any "camp" just the word Muslim being used in a derogatory sense.Christianity is the most successful cult in the history of the world.
A facsimile of it is, I will give you that. Real christianity is rare. I know very few people who actually follow the Bible as it's written. I know thousands who do as they like with a biblical spin here and there and call it christianity. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is. It's sad, really. Please, lets not make this about religion, though, I don't believe that when it gets down to it the race will be about that. It's tough to fight religion, most of the U.S. is religous in some way, so you wont see candidates taking shots at the religous specifically. I listened to Hannity today because he was interviewing Huckabee, and I really liked what I heard. I will have to do some more research but he had plausible answers for why taxes were raised when he was Governor. That being said, Obamas speech rocked my shit last night, although I wonder if that's because Clintons was so bad. Her message? Vote for me because I deserve it- may have been the most cold, soulless speech I have ever heard.

Dear Brvheart, You said the religious right would be idiots for voting for Huckabee because he isn't a 'fiscal conservative'. I'm curious as to where in the King James Bible(or other retellings) the man upstairs stresses fiscal conservatism. Thanks. Sincerely, Erik PS. LOL at people thinking that there's no electable Republican. PPS. Another LOL @ at this poker forum being stuck on whether the dude holds his hand over his heart during the pledge. Some of you guys are too much.PPPS. If Obama can trounce Hillary/Edwards in Iowa, I can only imagine what he'd do in more ethnically diverse and socially liberal states. If he doesn't take South Carolina by 12 points I'll be shocked.PPPPS. Am I doing these right, Wang?

That being said, Obamas speech rocked my shit last night, although I wonder if that's because Clintons was so bad. Her message? Vote for me because I deserve it- may have been the most cold, soulless speech I have ever heard.
She's hilarious, btw.. "Vote for me, because I represent change, thanks!" :trips over Madeline Albright's shoe and hits her head on Bill Clinton's knee leaving the stage:
P.p.p.p.s Am I doing these right, Wang?
I think all the letters should be capitalized. "PS, PPS, PPPS, PPPPS [...] PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS"Apart from that, I'm right with you. To quote mk, who was probably quoting someone else: "LOL @ your face."Wang
Bush never beat Al Gore...little brother helped him steal that election
Believing this, how does it feel to know that Bush stacked the Supreme Court and Federal courts with conservative judges for the next 20-25 years?I am glad our guy stole that election, cause if your guy did, I would be so mad because of this court thing.I mean 20-25 years...
Dear Brvheart, You said the religious right would be idiots for voting for Huckabee because he isn't a 'fiscal conservative'. I'm curious as to where in the King James Bible(or other retellings) the man upstairs stresses fiscal conservatism. Thanks. Sincerely, Erik P.s. LOL at people thinking that there's no electable Republican. P.p.s. Another LOL @ at this poker forum being stuck on whether the dude holds his hand over his heart during the pledge. Some of you guys are too much.P.p.p.s. If Obama can trounce Hillary/Edwards in Iowa, I can only imagine what he'd do in more ethnically diverse and socially liberal states. If he doesn't take South Carolina by 12 points I'll be shocked.P.p.p.p.s Am I doing these right, Wang?
Religious people should be smart enough to understand that IF a candidate is socially conservative that is all that matters as far as the religious aspect. They should they be able to break down all the socially conservative candidates into... fiscally conservative or fiscally liberal. Then, being as they are republicans and "conservative", they should vote for the candidate that is closest being a conservative in both areas. IMHO.Also, if you are serious. I could quote you verses all day long relating to money and it's wise use. Just let me know how many you want. Jesus spoke about money more than any other topic in the New Testament.
Dear Brvheart, You said the religious right would be idiots for voting for Huckabee because he isn't a 'fiscal conservative'. I'm curious as to where in the King James Bible(or other retellings) the man upstairs stresses fiscal conservatism. Thanks. Sincerely, Erik
2nd Generalities Chapter 4 Verses 16-18
Obama will be the destruction of this country if he gets elected...
Obama's about the only one who has a shot to unify this country. If he can get past trying to be black enough for the blacks and white enough for everyone else.
I think all the letters should be capitalized. "PS, PPS, PPPS, PPPPS [...] PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPS"Apart from that, I'm right with you. To quote mk, who was probably quoting someone else: "LOL @ your face."Wang
Coming through in the clutch. Thank you, sir.
Obama's about the only one who has a shot to unify this country. If he can get past trying to be black enough for the blacks and white enough for everyone else.
That's why he'll never unify this country, he can really only be one of each.. Lets face it, America went down the shitter long ago, we are basically in the latter stages of the Roman Empire..
Also, if you are serious. I could quote you verses all day long relating to money and it's wise use. Just let me know how many you want. Jesus spoke about money more than any other topic in the New Testament.
as he was jewish after allhmm. sometimes I miss scram.
well you already italicized it, so I don't even have to do anything
If the MVP of the sick thread likes my stuff... well then, I can die.
Honestly, it's mostly because I'm very anti-Republican or anti-Conservative on many issues. I really hate some of the social policy that conservatives have forwarded over the last decade or so. Some of it sickens me. I hate the Conservative notions of "Small Government! Except when it doesn't suit us!!" I think it's the worst kind of hypocrisy. I hate the Conservative attempts to rationalize the legislation of religion (specifically) and morality (generally) when it is uncalled for. I think Republicans are generally more intellectually dishonest than Democrats. That might not even be true, but remember: I'm only 24, so my entire politically aware life has been Clinton years (got a beej, economy was good, Republicans tried to impeach but couldn't touch him because he's Slick Willy and awesome) and then Bush years (terrible economy, fascism, intellectual dishonesty in general, intellectual dishonesty in Iraq, treating Americans like they're stupider than they are). So, of the issues you mentioned, I side with the Democrats strongly or VERY strongly on the issues of:AbortionGayness Annoyance at ReligionI don't know much about Free Health Care, and couldn't really handle myself in a discussion of its merits. I think there should be some changes made, but I don't know enough to say what.Basically, I just hate Conservative Politics. Most of it is my upbringing. I think Guns are stupid. I'm from the North. I grew up in a very liberal household. I'm an atheist, and was basically raised to be one (even though both of my parents are religious to varying degrees). My politial affiliation was basically inevitable. Doesn't mean I want to blindly toe party lines, however.
Thanks for the answer. But really, how can we even complete with a beej.
Religious people should be smart enough to understand that IF a candidate is socially conservative that is all that matters as far as the religious aspect. They should they be able to break down all the socially conservative candidates into... fiscally conservative or fiscally liberal. Then, being as they are republicans and "conservative", they should vote for the candidate that is closest being a conservative in both areas. IMHO.Also, if you are serious. I could quote you verses all day long relating to money and it's wise use. Just let me know how many you want. Jesus spoke about money more than any other topic in the New Testament.
I wasn't aware that if you were socially conservative you had to be fiscally conservative, or that Evangelicals would ultimately and finally meant you were a Republican(though I'll grant you that it typically does..). I just disagree that simply because you're religious = socially conservative = fiscally conservative = Republican. Or any order of that. I'm fiscally conservative and I'm socially conservative about some things, but I am not an Evangelical, nor am I a Republican(any more). Quite frankly, if I were halfway religious and a Democrat(and there *is* a lot of spiritual/religious folks who don't necessarily go to church every day), Huckabee would be ideal. As for the second part, I'm speaking strictly of verses that pertain to economics and budget reform for a country of 250+ million. Thanks. (My point is clear now, right?)
That's why he'll never unify this country, he can really only be one of each.. Lets face it, America went down the shitter long ago, we are basically in the latter stages of the Roman Empire..
That's a great analogy. The world is, like, exactly the same as it was back then. Almost nothing has changed.
If the MVP of the sick thread likes my stuff... well then, I can die.Thanks for the answer. But really, how can we even complete with a beej.
(I just wrote about 600 words about a hypothetical FCP Hall of Fame, and how I believe I'm a full standard deviation away from getting voted in to said hypothetical HoF. I have no idea why I did that, or why I thought it would apply. I am going crazy. I think I'll rent some Lost DVDs and just chill tonight instead of going out.)