YupGood episode, imo.My theory about the "time shift" experienced by the missile is...the island is "programmed" magnetically to look like it's somewhere else, thus causing a delay. The ship's radar was reading off the missile coords but the missile arrived regardless after coming through the island's perimeter and ended up finding the coords regardless. I don't think the island's time moves slower than "outside", but it's possible. It's just not feasible that there is a time shift, particularly because it doesn't explain why the island is so hard to find from the outside and impossible to navigate away from...Discussion?
the faraday physicist guy told the pilot to follow the exact same bearing they came in on. im guessing this is the same bearing ben told michael to follow if he wanted to leave the island so im guessing thats the only way in to and from the island is if you follow those exact coordinates. that also falls into the whole CS lewis chronicles of Narnia theory of there being only one point of entry like the wardrobe or closet or w.e in narnia, if you been following that theory and watched the repeat last night before the new one.and i think the initials on the bracelet some how tie back to Alvar Hanso, not sure how but pretty sure that makes sense
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the faraday physicist guy told the pilot to follow the exact same bearing they came in on. im guessing this is the same bearing ben told michael to follow if he wanted to leave the island so im guessing thats the only way in to and from the island is if you follow those exact coordinates. that also falls into the whole CS lewis chronicles of Narnia theory of there being only one point of entry like the wardrobe or closet or w.e in narnia, if you been following that theory and watched the repeat last night before the new one.and i think the initials on the bracelet some how tie back to Alvar Hanso, not sure how but pretty sure that makes sense
I think the "follow the SAME bearing" is exactly as you say and that it is a corridor that is magnetically balanced to allow travelling to and from the island, but I don't think the island is in "another place", like Narnia is. I think it's "there", but disguised/hidden/obfuscated, however you want to put it, and you need to know exactly what to do, when and how to get there and off again.It's a show about information (or lack thereof), rather than magic, after all...

OK, so officially off the island:Sayid, Jack, Kate, Hugo, Ben... hmmm...Anyone else starting to get the idea (and not just from the flash forwards) that getting off the island isn't necessarily a "good thing"?And for those keeping score at home, this season is officially 37.5% over. /sigh.

OK, so officially off the island:Sayid, Jack, Kate, Hugo, Ben... hmmm...
I'm 99% sure the 6th is Sawyer, because in the episode last season when Jack met up with Kate she had to go back to "him" and "he" didn't know she was stopping by to see Jack.
OK, so officially off the island:Sayid, Jack, Kate, Hugo, Ben... hmmm...Anyone else starting to get the idea (and not just from the flash forwards) that getting off the island isn't necessarily a "good thing"?And for those keeping score at home, this season is officially 37.5% over. /sigh.
I think there's a very good chance that Ben isn't one of the "Oceanic 6" though.
I think there's a very good chance that Ben isn't one of the "Oceanic 6" though.
no and if he is thats dumb. and from the looks of all bens money in diff currencies and passports i think he can come and go from the island as he pleases and does just that in fact
I don't want to brag, and I'm sure a lot of you thought it also, but I knew Ben was the one Sayid was working for.I thought that episode was pretty good. I gotta go, so I won't go into details about my opinions yet.
Of course you won't, yet.
I'm going to assume you mean "working for" not "looking for", it wasn't hard to figure out.It doesn't take much to figure out who the girl he was banging was working for either, or did you miss the clue?
This is what I was thinking.-LostWatcher24
YupGood episode, imo.My theory about the "time shift" experienced by the missile is...the island is "programmed" magnetically to look like it's somewhere else, thus causing a delay. The ship's radar was reading off the missile coords but the missile arrived regardless after coming through the island's perimeter and ended up finding the coords regardless. I don't think the island's time moves slower than "outside", but it's possible. It's just not feasible that there is a time shift, particularly because it doesn't explain why the island is so hard to find from the outside and impossible to navigate away from...Discussion?
Except that Michael apparently got off the island following the bearing he was given, too.
Since he wasn't on the plane, I don't see it possible that he could be one of the six. No way.More posting after dinner.EDIT: ThoughtsI was absolutely floored by all of the strategery going on this week. Hurley's double cross was especially surprising after his obvious contempt for Locke. I'm starting to think that Locke is more powerful than I thought. When Ben mentions that Sayid made another mistake by following his heart instead of his gun, what was he talking about? I remember Sayid causing someone else a bunch of pain during on of his flashbacks. Is this what Ben is referring to, or another event completely? I'm also thinking that the next name Ben gives him is one of the oceanic six, but I'm thinking that's a season five answer. Also, who is Sayid trying to protect? The other Oceanic Five, or the losties left behind on the island? I think it's safe to say that Else's boss is the person responsible for the freighter. Now what's the connection to Penny/Desmond? Were the new arrivals surprised by the name Penny, or perhaps her last name, maybe Penny's father is involved somehow. I think Ben's secret lair is pretty telling, too. The amount of money, passports, and clothes tells me that he regularly comes and goes from the island. Thoughts?I was really impressed by the character interaction, another reason I love this show. I appreciate and enjoy the little things, like Jack telling Kate she'll be safe because of Sawyer, Kate and Sawyer's grade school "Let's play house" exchange, and then Jack's expression when he finds out Kate stayed behind. It'll be interesting to see where this dynamic goes. What exactly did Sayid trade? We never see Kate say she wants to stay, and we know she's one of the six. Did Sayid lie to Jack?I'm also starting to be enormously intrigued by Ben, and the entire backstory with DHARMA and the Hanso Foundation. It really feels like a full time job trying to keep up with all of the side stories, conspiracy theories, relationships, etc on LOST. I have yet to see another show with the same feel. Heroes comes close, but it's still somewhat different. I'll defer to Jadaki on this one, though.I still don't understand what's going on with the boat, Naomi, their mission, and how Penny Whidmore comes into play. It was interesting to hear the pilot tell Daniel to not talk to the one guy. Tells me that there are multiple things going on with the four that came to the island. Why would he and Charlotte stick around when they have the opportunity to leave? What does she know about DHARMA, and why does she have an interest in staying? Charlotte I can see, because I think she's going to be the most important one of the four newbies. I would have thought that Daniel would have jumped at the opportunity to leave. Why did he stay? Why are communications between the boat and the island real time, but the rocket was delayed by 31 minutes? Plot hole, or something more? Also, Jack's comments about the Sox winning, and him being on the island for 100 days, didn't throw up any red flags to the pilot, Frank. Is it something, or nothing?The golf game. "Andrew Avellino...after his canonization in 1712 he was invoked as the patron saint against sudden death and coronary disease." I'm surprised the time elapsed on Daniel's experiment was 31 minutes, instead of one of the numbers. Maybe someone can find a connection. (15+16=31?!?)And how to the DHARMA food drops always manage to find the island?Why are Sawyer and Hurley seemingly scared of Locke? Why didn't Hurley mention anything about the cabin? Isn't it accepted that he saw the cabin on another part of the island? Or is this where Hurley saw the cabin, too? I like Ben's comment outting Locke looking for advice.I think it will be interesting to find out who stays (Sawyer, Kate?no , Rose/Bernard?) and who will decide to go. (Jack, Hurley, ??)
I'm 99% sure the 6th is Sawyer, because in the episode last season when Jack met up with Kate she had to go back to "him" and "he" didn't know she was stopping by to see Jack.
I know this sounds stupid, but after I watched "Beginning of the End" for the second time, I kind of thought she was talking about Ben. That they both got off the island and he was kind of controlling her (like Sayid was under his control).
I know this sounds stupid, but after I watched "Beginning of the End" for the second time, I kind of thought she was talking about Ben. That they both got off the island and he was kind of controlling her (like Sayid was under his control).
Except why would she be going home to him, he isn't part of the very obvious love story triangle they have been pushing since day one? And how could she go home to a guy who is in Europe fixing up Sayid at the same time.

lol chronicles of narnia made me recall this hysterical digital short http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/#mea=2921and i think its funny that the producers are giving the new guys names just for the purpose of creating intraweb speculation. I lold so hard when that dude said his name was Daniel Faraday because Michael Faraday(and his laws of electromagnetic induction) may be the most important person in the history and development of the human species(way more important than Einstein, Darwin, etc.).

Nah, too easy.. I'm going to assume all 6 are under Ben's control regardless.. Kate had to go back to "Ben" and "Ben" didn't know she was stopping by to see Jack.Sawyer would be too obvious. Sawyer is also another character type that redeems his character only via sacrifice, making it far more likely he lays down on an enemy sword to save others...That's just my opinion though.edit: and apparently Showstopper's too. sorry, didn't see his post to give him credit for it until after I posted this.
Exactly! Trick question. Ben can't be "rescued", he never crashed on the island in the Oceanic plane, he can't be "rescued"!
What exactly did Sayid trade? We never see Kate say she wants to stay, and we know she's one of the six. Did Sayid lie to Jack?
The obvious answer is Sayid traded Miles for Charlotte straight up.. If Sayid actually traded Kate and Miles for Charlotte, then.. umm.. wow.. He's not much of a negotiator for a Torturer, is her? :club:
I'm also starting to be enormously intrigued by Ben, and the entire backstory with DHARMA and the Hanso Foundation. It really feels like a full time job trying to keep up with all of the side stories, conspiracy theories, relationships, etc on LOST. I have yet to see another show with the same feel. Heroes comes close, but it's still somewhat different. I'll defer to Jadaki on this one, though.
I agree, very compelling. The crash survivors once again are swept up in the current of something bigger than their situation.. Here's another thought for you to chew on: There are a ton of Ben's people still somewhere on the island, without their fearless leader, but a stable 2nd in command. You *know* they were ready for the coming of the freighter.. This will play out splendidly.
I still don't understand what's going on with the boat, Naomi, their mission, and how Penny Whidmore comes into play. It was interesting to hear the pilot tell Daniel to not talk to the one guy. Tells me that there are multiple things going on with the four that came to the island. Why would he and Charlotte stick around when they have the opportunity to leave? What does she know about DHARMA, and why does she have an interest in staying? Charlotte I can see, because I think she's going to be the most important one of the four newbies. I would have thought that Daniel would have jumped at the opportunity to leave. Why did he stay? Why are communications between the boat and the island real time, but the rocket was delayed by 31 minutes? Plot hole, or something more? Also, Jack's comments about the Sox winning, and him being on the island for 100 days, didn't throw up any red flags to the pilot, Frank. Is it something, or nothing?
Frank could have missed the world series via a drinking binge blackout, I wouldn't get worked up about that. It may just help reinforce how little the Freighter folks actually care about the castaways and their situation.Anyone on the heli that came to the island came with a mission in mind. It was pretty much implied even Frank was going to bring the copter back and continue at a later point. Daniel is down there for some testing reasons, Charlotte is still mysterious, and Miles is beyond mysterious. Our curiousity has been peaked, time to sit back and wait for answers.
And how to the DHARMA food drops always manage to find the island?
Dharma knows the island. If anyone knows how to fire and receive a package with precision on the island, it'd be Dharma folks.
Why are Sawyer and Hurley seemingly scared of Locke? Why didn't Hurley mention anything about the cabin? Isn't it accepted that he saw the cabin on another part of the island? Or is this where Hurley saw the cabin, too? I like Ben's comment outting Locke looking for advice.
Dammit. Like I've said before, the cabin probably isn't in a static location. Jacob likely doesn't want or need to be "found" unless he wants to be. Hurley saw the cabin within a few football fields of the beach, which isn't even remotely close to where Ben took Locke. Maybe it's a plot hole, but I would highly doubt they'd fudge that one. The "Narnia portal" theory popular on this forum makes a tidy fit for that phenomena. Sawyer doesn't generally trust anyone, and Hurley wants to believe Charlie died specifically to tell him NOT to accept the freighter with open arms. Charlie's message plays a bigger role in Hugo's motivations than his faith in Locke ever would, imo.
I think it will be interesting to find out who stays (Sawyer, Kate?no , Rose/Bernard?) and who will decide to go. (Jack, Hurley, ??)
We have 2 husband wife combos, and it's very unlikely either of them are getting "off the island" together...
We have 2 husband wife combos, and it's very unlikely either of them are getting "off the island" together...
Really I figured based on what Rose said about not going anywhere with Locke she and Bernard were definetly going to get off the island. Then again she may decide to stay on the island, since it cures her cancer, but just not be around Locke.
and i think its funny that the producers are giving the new guys names just for the purpose of creating intraweb speculation. I lold so hard when that dude said his name was Daniel Faraday because Michael Faraday(and his laws of electromagnetic induction) may be the most important person in the history and development of the human species(way more important than Einstein, Darwin, etc.).
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the name of the guy on the boat that they keep talking to "Minkowski?"Minkowski was a mathematician and physicist who helped develop the theory of special relativity, which of course involves the bending and altering of time. Unless I'm hearing this wrong when they say it, it could involve the whole time difference thing (as illustrated by the missile).
Jack also refers to his father in the present tense in this episode, which led me to believe he was somehow alive. The way I saw it, Kate was talking about her boyfriend that she got killed (his name escapes me at the moment). This could tie into the the weird time/missile thing, who knows.For some reason I think the 6th is going to be a pissed off, crippled Locke only because that would lead to the most questions.
Jack also refers to his father in the present tense in this episode, which led me to believe he was somehow alive. The way I saw it, Kate was talking about her boyfriend that she got killed (his name escapes me at the moment). This could tie into the the weird time/missile thing, who knows.For some reason I think the 6th is going to be a pissed off, crippled Locke only because that would lead to the most questions.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Jack referred to his dad being alive during the flash forward from last season. I could be wrong though.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Jack referred to his dad being alive during the flash forward from last season. I could be wrong though.
Remember when he asked the other doctor to have his Dad come down and they will see which is more drunk...I thought he said that though because he was on so much medication, he was just delusional.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was the name of the guy on the boat that they keep talking to "Minkowski?"Minkowski was a mathematician and physicist who helped develop the theory of special relativity, which of course involves the bending and altering of time. Unless I'm hearing this wrong when they say it, it could involve the whole time difference thing (as illustrated by the missile).
Pretty sure they didn't say Minkowski.I'm pretty sure they said Juan Luis Pedro Phillipo de Huevos EpsteinBut I could be wrong.
Remember when he asked the other doctor to have his Dad come down and they will see which is more drunk...I thought he said that though because he was on so much medication, he was just delusional.
I remember now, and I also remember thinking he was delusional, too, so I discounted it.-Jeepstopper24
Really I figured based on what Rose said about not going anywhere with Locke she and Bernard were definetly going to get off the island. Then again she may decide to stay on the island, since it cures her cancer, but just not be around Locke.
Rose is beating cancer and the Sun and Jin suddenly have a child. The island has actually been rather good to both couples, albeit in that dreaded-purgatory-like "everything you wanted but couldn't attain while alive" kind of way. And the wackiness about having kids on the island needs to be further explored, in a big way.
Jack also refers to his father in the present tense in this episode, which led me to believe he was somehow alive. The way I saw it, Kate was talking about her boyfriend that she got killed (his name escapes me at the moment). This could tie into the the weird time/missile thing, who knows.
I remember now, and I also remember thinking he was delusional, too, so I discounted it.-Jeepstopper24
Jack also was up on a bridge, drunk/high on painpills, and ready to end his life during that sequence. Although I'm willing to field new theories about how we are now flash-forwarding to how the Oceanic Six got off the island by travelling back in time. I don't put *anything* past the writers at this point.
For some reason I think the 6th is going to be a pissed off, crippled Locke only because that would lead to the most questions.
Since we now KNOW that Ben is alive in the Flash Forwards.... Does that now make Locke the most likely candidate to be in the funeral home box during the service that Jack went to, and Kate can't beleive Jack is asking her why SHE didn't go?

Ok, need a favour. I want to read this thread,Ive read the first 3 pages. Im in Israel and they are either a week or 2 weeks behind you americans I think.From watching Tanners jtv, I know you see it on a thursday, and I think you are only one episode ahead of me.The episode I watched today was the Sayid flash forward, and where he traded the asian ghost buster for Charlotte the english chick and left in the helicopter, and ben was in the last scene.So if Im right, you wont be seeing the next episode until thursday and I can read the entire thread? Or are you two weeks ahead of me?Thanks