This angers me. Last week I accidentally only set the TiVo to record each episode week by week. Meaning....I forgot to record this week. It goes on ABC.com tomorrow, but I leave for Omaha for the weekend. I am going to freak.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for some good insight this morning. You guys are douches today. So, yeah, take that.
Meh, its a bit early in the season, and I tossed up a little speculation. I wouldn't call it insight.
Meh, its a bit early in the season, and I tossed up a little speculation. I wouldn't call it insight.
I wish you liked this show, the way you like Heroes so you would get all that info you get for Lost.

I have made a personal choice just to sit back each Thursday evening and enjoy the show. I don't feel like digging deep into every little meaning because I personally found it pointless and found it was taking away from my enjoyment of the show. I have my theories and such and my wife and I will discuss things that night before falling asleep but I won't go crazy with it. I don't care if they do all flash forwards or half and half or who they will do next week and so on, I will just watch the show. I read some of the theories out there and just giggle at how ridiculous they sound and wonder if we are all watching the same show, SS24's theory that the black guy is also the black mist, that is indeed laughable). I think it is an extremely well written show and I have a lot of faith in the writers that they will tie up all the loose ends. I think it was Jadaki who made some comment about all the different story lines and such. I am pretty confident that they are all tied to one another. It's no secret that this whole series was planned out ahead of time and that makes me confident that it will all come to a clean conclusion unlike many other shows where they make it up as they go along. Carry on.

I wish you liked this show, the way you like Heroes so you would get all that info you get for Lost.
Meh... If Heroes doesn't shore up the sloppy writing by the end of the 3rd chapter then I'll be done with that show.I just started watching Lost like last summer. Was bored one day and downloaded a few episodes of season one and then rented it. I liked it a lot at first, but my enthusiasm has died off a bit after watching seasons 2 and 3. though I feel like I'm invested enough to finish out the series.The big thing that impressed me last night was after 3 seasons someone finally asked "what is the smoke monster". Of course we got no answer, but for fucks sake someone finally asked.
I think it is an extremely well written show and I have a lot of faith in the writers that they will tie up all the loose ends. I think it was Jadaki who made some comment about all the different story lines and such. I am pretty confident that they are all tied to one another. It's no secret that this whole series was planned out ahead of time and that makes me confident that it will all come to a clean conclusion unlike many other shows where they make it up as they go along. Carry on.
You realize every writer says this about their shows now right?Lets be honest... they may have a concept of what they want to do over a X-season span but when you are filming a pilot episode and hoping your show even gets picked up for a full season then those plans mean nothing. Then they realize they have a hit show, and they start getting audience feedback on what they do and don't like, and those plans can go right out the window because they cater to the audience (to some extent) to keep ratings and money coming in.This latest bit with the helicopter landing on the island was just a way to introduce new characters to the show so they can kill others off and keep the story as varied as it is. Not to mention some plot lines that have been completely forgotten about goes to show they are flying by the seat of their pants as much as any other serial drama out there. Especially when you read about how the strike has affected the show. They have changed the number of episodes and seasons more than it's worth keeping track of now. How can you keep a story that the length keeps changing on consistent?
You realize every writer says this about their shows now right?Lets be honest... they may have a concept of what they want to do over a X-season span but when you are filming a pilot episode and hoping your show even gets picked up for a full season then those plans mean nothing. Then they realize they have a hit show, and they start getting audience feedback on what they do and don't like, and those plans can go right out the window because they cater to the audience (to some extent) to keep ratings and money coming in.This latest bit with the helicopter landing on the island was just a way to introduce new characters to the show so they can kill others off and keep the story as varied as it is. Not to mention some plot lines that have been completely forgotten about goes to show they are flying by the seat of their pants as much as any other serial drama out there. Especially when you read about how the strike has affected the show. They have changed the number of episodes and seasons more than it's worth keeping track of now. How can you keep a story that the length keeps changing on consistent?
I have to disagree on almost all accounts here.They have stated years ago they have a beginning and an end. Never did I state they had every episode planned. Many shows do not have an end. They ride along for as long as the network tells them or they decide to end it. Lost has an end. It had a basic arc that they have been following since the Pilot. Sure they add stuff in and such, you think I am that stupid?lol They have decided when they are going to end the show, not the network. They announced it last year and they strike has not effected much of anything. NBC wanted more seasons, Lost said no (good for them) and then they agreed to lessening the number of eps per season and I have not seen a ton of changes at all in those discussions from last year other than 8 this season which was not by their doing obv.X-Files is a perfect example of a network asking for more seasons to squeeze every dime out of it thus ruining a great show. There was a perfect example of a show making it up as they went along. Sure Lost has had to deviate from time to time, but for the most part my understanding is they are going along nicely.You really believe they pulled this current story arc out of their ass? Seriously? Is that just an opinion or do you have a link where they said they just made this part up on the fly? I will assume this is your opinion. This turn has been set up since late last season so I don't know how you can say this is just added to be able to kill others off. I am not seeing whatever you are I guess.I will never understand people's obsession with thinking they have dropped plots. You can't ever say that until the series is over. You can think they will but you cannot say they have. Personally off the top of my head I cannot think of any plot that has been completely abandoned. Point some out if you will so maybe my memory can be jogged. They tend to come back to story arcs here and there. Michael is coming back, so that isn't one. People complained about polar bears but I see they have hinted at that again last night with that Tunisia scene. It's not a compleltely linear story, it jumps from here to there and quite well I think. You can rarely if ever predict what the next episode will be about unless you are finding spoilers ahead of time. So I think you just have to be patient and see what happens. If you are this bugged though I don't see the point in subjecting yourself to this show. Not a personal attack but late in season 1 of Heroes I got bored. Really bored. I just stopped watching. I decided a few weeks ago to try and catch up and I got through 30 minutes of the episode I left off on and still got bored and that was that. I tend not to watch shows that frustrate me, irritate me or bore me. :)The only question I currently can think of that I worry will not be explained is the big giant statue of the 4 toed foot. Other than that I think by the end of it all, they will have answered 80% or more of everyones questions.
The only question I currently can think of that I worry will not be explained is the big giant statue of the 4 toed foot. Other than that I think by the end of it all, they will have answered 80% or more of everyones questions.
Colossus of Rhodes obviously.
You really believe they pulled this current story arc out of their ass? Seriously? Is that just an opinion or do you have a link where they said they just made this part up on the fly?
Do you really think they would say so publicly? They had to add new antagonists to the show, they were killing people off so sure they had an idea of what they would do starting out this season, but do you think they knew how they were going to do that 3+ years ago? The average serial drama is usually written about 3-5 episodes in front of what is being filmed.I guarantee you while they have an idea how they want to finish the show, it's still up for being changed and has not been written yet. After all, if it was already written, they wouldn't be running a shortened season now. They have changed the number of episodes and even seasons a few times, I don't have links handy because I mostly glossed over them while I was catching up on season 3. The strike can be used as a convenient cover up for making on the fly decisions on how they are going to milk as much money from the series as they can. My only real point being it is never as planned out as they say it's going to be, they would never tell the behind the scenes truth while it's in production. Your going to have to wait till the end of season 5 I mean 6 (extra season, extra dvd set!) now to see what they say in the behind the scenes extras on DVD.Now I'm going to go back to getting my ass kicked in mahjongg, thanks.

I think they are doing a better job tying it together than you are giving them credit for Josh. The last few episodes have borught Jacob into the fold, have shown Dharma to be all over the world, have shown a polar bear in the desert w/ a Dharma collar, Walt returns, and Locke comments on him being bigger, People coming after Ben (which we have assumed for a while that someone would be). There was a plane wreck faked to the media.There are some interesting ties backs to the first couple seasons.With that being said, I also agree with you that they did not have 120 epsidoes stroy boarded and written. I am sure they had a screenlay idea of what they wanted to accomplish and now they are trying to stretch that over a 6 year period of time because it is a TV show.

Do you really think they would say so publicly? They had to add new antagonists to the show, they were killing people off so sure they had an idea of what they would do starting out this season, but do you think they knew how they were going to do that 3+ years ago? The average serial drama is usually written about 3-5 episodes in front of what is being filmed.I guarantee you while they have an idea how they want to finish the show, it's still up for being changed and has not been written yet. After all, if it was already written, they wouldn't be running a shortened season now. They have changed the number of episodes and even seasons a few times, I don't have links handy because I mostly glossed over them while I was catching up on season 3. The strike can be used as a convenient cover up for making on the fly decisions on how they are going to milk as much money from the series as they can. My only real point being it is never as planned out as they say it's going to be, they would never tell the behind the scenes truth while it's in production. Your going to have to wait till the end of season 5 I mean 6 (extra season, extra dvd set!) now to see what they say in the behind the scenes extras on DVD.Now I'm going to go back to getting my ass kicked in mahjongg, thanks.
Weird, I could have sworn I pretty much agreed with this. Of course they have to change things here and there BUT THE MAIN STORY LINE, THE BIG MYSTERY HAS AN ENDING. Example...they already know what the island is, they know how they got there and why they are there and probably more (sorry on a ft of a 45 man while I write this so it won't be very complete).I will have to find links as well. They agree last year to do 3 shortened seasons. Why? The network wanted a bunch more seasons and they obviously knew it could not be dragged that long for reasons we are discussing and then they agreed to run close to half seasons to drag it out longer so yes, they can make money of course but also not have the show go too long and jump the shark per se. I gotta play this ft. I will try to come back to this. Sorry.
It's no secret that this whole series was planned out ahead of time and that makes me confident that it will all come to a clean conclusion unlike many other shows where they make it up as they go along. Carry on.
I don't think this is true. One of the reasons why many people don't like Lost is because they felt like the writers were just making stupid story lines-because it wasn't planned out in the beginning. When the person with the idea for the show thought about it, I don't think he was thinking of dropping 4 new people into the island to capture the head 'other'.

I really enjoyed Miles's character on last night's show. He brings the most to the table. And anything involving a redhead is usually good news as well, so yay on the archeologist.I want to know how team "Dharma" is so well versed on the Oceanic survivors. That's one helluva precaution to take whatever their mission was. Ben's infiltrator on the freighter is NOT going to relay "castaway" info to Dharma for any reason whatsoever. So it seems like a stretch to me.They are trying WAY to hard to make Locke some sort of friggin' Shaman-type.

Total guess here, but I'm thinking that Michael is the "guy" Ben has undercover on the "rescuers" boat.

Total guess here, but I'm thinking that Michael is the "guy" Ben has undercover on the "rescuers" boat.
I was kind of wondering how they were going to bring him back, and that would be a cool twist. It would probably show this in the 8th episode, becauser there is a big cliff hanger there. I can't see why Michael would want to help Ben though.
I was kind of wondering how they were going to bring him back, and that would be a cool twist. It would probably show this in the 8th episode, becauser there is a big cliff hanger there. I can't see why Michael would want to help Ben though.
I can see where Ben gets Michael "off the island" in a way that serves purpose for Ben's best interest. I'm guessing "off the island" to Ben doesn't automatically mean "back to civilization, sipping microbrews in a local pub". Think of dealing with the devil, where you get "what you wish for" in the worst way possible.
I can see where Ben gets Michael "off the island" in a way that serves purpose for Ben's best interest. I'm guessing "off the island" to Ben doesn't automatically mean "back to civilization, sipping microbrews in a local pub". Think of dealing with the devil, where you get "what you wish for" in the worst way possible.
I don't think this, but what if Michael was one of the Oceanic 6?