• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been gone the last couple of wednesdays, so I think it's too far for me to quote from the beginning of this thread. I'll just jump in here.

I was hoping for some good insight this morning. You guys are douches today. So, yeah, take that.
Fuck you.
Total guess here, but I'm thinking that Michael is the "guy" Ben has undercover on the "rescuers" boat.
Good guess.I liked the episode a lot. Like BG said, I'm back each week, even with the plot holes.I think it's likely Michael on the boat, too, even if it's hoakey. My first thought of when the camera showed the plane on the bottom of the ocean was that it was surprisingly intact for being that deep.New characters are a good addition, I'm glad they threw them at us. I was pretty surprised when we learned they came for Ben, and floored when Ben revealed what he knows. As for why, I really like the revenge theory, where past dharma people are seeking revenge for the mass killings by Ben. Seeing as the last time Ben purged the Others he used gas, it's not surprising to see that they brought gas masks this time. I'm really starting to like this theory.It seems though, and from what I've read I agree, that each of the four have different motivations for being there.Not my words..."Daniel's intro was ambiguous. He was obviously shaken when he saw the plane, but then he said he didn't know why. This is interesting because he could be lying or he could be telling the truth.Miles' spiritual visit and robbery was creepy. The grandson will be relevent later. Given his ability, he likely works for someone who lost someone in the crash.Frank is likely overcome with guilt about not being on the plane, but wants his own answers on why the pilot isn't at the bottom of the ocean.Charlotte is the most interesting character. She found the bear in Tunisia, and seemed to know that Claire's birthing on the island is remarkable. It seems Ben fears her the most."The drugs that Miles left in the wall looked an awful lot like the heroin from the statues. Someone has said they saw Eko and his brother on the wall, too. Someone also mentioned that the picture frames had all changed when he came back downstairs, which could be a stupid oversight, or something else.If the man on the boat isn't Michael, it's likely the last person Ben let leave the island. Something that lends credence to this theory is that Michael's name is in the credits, but he's no where in the episode. Also, Locke seemed surprised when Hurley mentioned the cabin. So now we've got Ben, Locke, and Hurley who might have a deeper connection to the cabin and Jakob. Also read that Daniel Faraday, the physicist, is named for Michael Faraday, wiki it. Charlotte's initials are CS Lewis, who wrote the Chronicles of Narnia. One thing that threw me was his comment about the light, how it didn't disperse properly or something. He even asked Kate about it. The pilot's name is Frank Lapidus. It's also an anagram for “Farads link up.” A “farad” is a unit of electrical capacity, named after Michael Faraday.Number 15 was on the wall in the grandkids' room, and 842 was on the side of the helicopter. Were the numbers anywhere else?I liked how of all of the things that Locke could have asked Ben, he asked about the smoke monster. Just great. Another theory I read was that when Ben brings Locke to the cabin, there is some sort of charcoal ring around it. Maybe Miles' abilities are going to be used there.Another thought on the connection between Ben's magical box, and CS Lewis/Narnia:"C.S. Lewis’s Magician’s Nephew (the origin of the land of Narnia) had people going to a woods in between the worlds and then on from there to other lands. Is the island like that for transporting people and things. The statue, the boat, the drug smuggler’s plane. Did they all come through to the island? A fruit from Narnia was planted in our world. It grew into a tree which was then made in the the wardrobe that transported the children to Narnia. Can something be taken off the island to allow transportation to & from the island (i.e. the box that brought Locke’s dad)."One thought I really like from last season is that Jack and Claire are brother and sister. The code for distress is "Tell my sister I love her". Miles tells Jack at gunpoint that in this dangerous situation, it would be correct to use this line. Is he hinting that he knows?FWIW, I was getting ready to turn off the TV and never watch the show again because I felt like they were going down the 'purgatory path' again. And then we learn that Frank knows the plane is a hoax. Love it.Ummm, that's all I've got for now, but I've just started looking around on the web at lost stuff.Guapo, you happy now?
One thought I really like from last season is that Jack and Claire are brother and sister. The code for distress is "Tell my sister I love her". Miles tells Jack at gunpoint that in this dangerous situation, it would be correct to use this line. Is he hinting that he knows?
He was telling them that was the secret code they used when they get in trouble.
He was telling them that was the secret code they used when they get in trouble.
yeah, I understand that, but you have to wonder how much Miles and the rest of them know about the Losties. If Ben has that much info, we have to assume that the rest of them do too. My point is, that Miles could have been hinting that he knows about Jack and Claire, even though he was relating the 'code'.Does this make sense?
yeah, I understand that, but you have to wonder how much Miles and the rest of them know about the Losties. If Ben has that much info, we have to assume that the rest of them do too. My point is, that Miles could have been hinting that he knows about Jack and Claire, even though he was relating the 'code'.Does this make sense?
I think your crossing two streams.I don't think the danger code was anything more than exactly what they said it was. The implication that Jack and Claire were possibly related didn't have anything to do with it.
I think your crossing two streams.I don't think the danger code was anything more than exactly what they said it was. The implication that Jack and Claire were possibly related didn't have anything to do with it.
Not from the outside looking in, but in the vastness that is LOST writers' easter eggs, plot twists, conspiracy theories, etc., it isn't that far of a stretch.That's all I'm saying.
Charlotte is the most interesting character. She found the bear in Tunisia, and seemed to know that Claire's birthing on the island is remarkable. It seems Ben fears her the most."
I'm not saying I disagree, but she was the only one Ben saw, so how do we know he doesn't fear the others more?My friends also thought they saw Eko and his brother in the pictures in that house. I thought I saw someone that looked like his brother, but it I don't know him well enough to recognize his picture.
I don't think this, but what if Michael was one of the Oceanic 6?
i would be pissed because I never liked his character
^^^^^^^^^^^^x1000I'm sure Michael tested barely above the polar bear among test audiences. Actually, and this is amusing: the only real way Michael could be truly accepted as a character would be to die in the name of saving his son/castaways... Which wouldn't make him one of the Oceanic 6. I'm pretty sure Vegas would start the line on Michael getting off the island as one of the "6" at about 50-1.
My first thought of when the camera showed the plane on the bottom of the ocean was that it was surprisingly intact for being that deep.Seeing as the last time Ben purged the Others he used gas, it's not surprising to see that they brought gas masks this time. I'm really starting to like this theory.
these are some dynamite observations. well done.
It seems though, and from what I've read I agree, that each of the four have different motivations for being there.Not my words..."Daniel's intro was ambiguous. He was obviously shaken when he saw the plane, but then he said he didn't know why. This is interesting because he could be lying or he could be telling the truth.Miles' spiritual visit and robbery was creepy. The grandson will be relevent later. Given his ability, he likely works for someone who lost someone in the crash.Frank is likely overcome with guilt about not being on the plane, but wants his own answers on why the pilot isn't at the bottom of the ocean.Charlotte is the most interesting character. She found the bear in Tunisia, and seemed to know that Claire's birthing on the island is remarkable. It seems Ben fears her the most."
It is downright bizzare that they are not at all surprised to know the crash victims are actually crash survivors. Makes you wonder if some of those Viewing Hatches actually had feeds off of the island (did the signal scrambler only mess up radio transmissions?)
The drugs that Miles left in the wall looked an awful lot like the heroin from the statues. Someone has said they saw Eko and his brother on the wall, too. Someone also mentioned that the picture frames had all changed when he came back downstairs, which could be a stupid oversight, or something else.
Miles + Charlotte are the key, because the whole damn series has a science vs. religion aspect to it, and Charlotte obviously is your science rep, and Miles your spiritual advisor. It's rather amusing that it was "divine intervention" that saved Mrs. Science, when she was shot at point-blank range by Ben. It's the little things in this show that make you chuckle. Like in seasons' prior, when Science Teacher Friendly was handling the dynamite and you just *knew* he was going to get the short end of the stick, like the island having a good laugh at his expense.
Also, Locke seemed surprised when Hurley mentioned the cabin. So now we've got Ben, Locke, and Hurley who might have a deeper connection to the cabin and Jakob.
Since Locke, Ben, and Hurley managed to find the cabin on COMPLETELY opposite ends of the island, I'm guessing the cabin isn't a physical entity that is on a map, which probably alarms Ben/Locke that Hurley has somehow "graduated" to a greater level of ascension. As you can tell, I don't put *anything* past the writers at this point.
Charlotte's initials are CS Lewis, who wrote the Chronicles of Narnia.
I caught this, too, when I saw it. The scientist named after the mythology expert. <3 those wacky writers. Do they do this for amusement, or is their some big plan behind it?
Number 15 was on the wall in the grandkids' room, and 842 was on the side of the helicopter. Were the numbers anywhere else?
now you're just showing off :club:
I liked how of all of the things that Locke could have asked Ben, he asked about the smoke monster. Just great.
This needed to happen. I was glad to see someone finally ask.
Another thought on the connection between Ben's magical box, and CS Lewis/Narnia:"C.S. Lewis’s Magician’s Nephew (the origin of the land of Narnia) had people going to a woods in between the worlds and then on from there to other lands. Is the island like that for transporting people and things. The statue, the boat, the drug smuggler’s plane. Did they all come through to the island? A fruit from Narnia was planted in our world. It grew into a tree which was then made in the the wardrobe that transported the children to Narnia. Can something be taken off the island to allow transportation to & from the island (i.e. the box that brought Locke’s dad)."
You are rapidly becoming my favorite poster.
Miles + Charlotte are the key, because the whole damn series has a science vs. religion aspect to it, and Charlotte obviously is your science rep, and Miles your spiritual advisor. It's rather amusing that it was "divine intervention" that saved Mrs. Science, when she was shot at point-blank range by Ben. It's the little things in this show that make you chuckle. Like in seasons' prior, when Science Teacher Friendly was handling the dynamite and you just *knew* he was going to get the short end of the stick, like the island having a good laugh at his expense.
So a bullet proof vest counts as divine intervention? What?
So a bullet proof vest counts as divine intervention? What?
God I got that mixed up with the end of "Johnny Dangerously", didn't I?Fine, so she's got the Religious zealot CS Lewis name, and an in-tact, pure science aura.
You are rapidly becoming my favorite poster.
This is all I saw. Thanks.Actually, I can't take credit for everything I write here. I browse quite a bit during the season on the interweb, so I usually get my fill of outrageous comments and theories and pick the ones that I agree with, and run from there.I haven't like another show like this is ages. I've watched since the beginning, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.I was going to go back and quote a ton of stuff from the first couple of pages, but I wasn't sure if everything would be relevant now. Feel free to repost questions and stuff. I'm thoroughly entertained by this stuff.
This is all I saw. Thanks.Actually, I can't take credit for everything I write here. I browse quite a bit during the season on the interweb, so I usually get my fill of outrageous comments and theories and pick the ones that I agree with, and run from there.I haven't like another show like this is ages. I've watched since the beginning, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.I was going to go back and quote a ton of stuff from the first couple of pages, but I wasn't sure if everything would be relevant now. Feel free to repost questions and stuff. I'm thoroughly entertained by this stuff.
this is exactly what i think about lost. i know the plot has holes, that the acting sucks sometimes, that there are some things that happen that are not really "feasible" or whatever, but the fact of the matter is that i get more psyched to watch lost every week than i ever have about any television show. so lost wins. :club:

I don't want to brag, and I'm sure a lot of you thought it also, but I knew Ben was the one Sayid was working for.I thought that episode was pretty good. I gotta go, so I won't go into details about my opinions yet.

I don't want to brag, and I'm sure a lot of you thought it also, but I knew Ben was the one Sayid was looking for.I thought that episode was pretty good. I gotta go, so I won't go into details about my opinions yet.
I'm going to assume you mean "working for" not "looking for", it wasn't hard to figure out.It doesn't take much to figure out who the girl he was banging was working for either, or did you miss the clue?
I'm going to assume you mean "working for" not "looking for", it wasn't hard to figure out.It doesn't take much to figure out who the girl he was banging was working for either, or did you miss the clue?
whats the clue
I missed everything.I was just enjoying having a few beers and watching, and not thinking about today's episode. It was fantastic if you ask me. Lot's of trickery on and off the island. I enjoyed it.

Sigh, i missed "the clue" as well. I seem to miss everything in this show as it goes on and just wait for everyone to explain it to me. Best ep of this season so far, i always love when the story focuses on sayid always intresting.

whats the clue
You see the bracelet he pulled off the girl on the island Locke killed, the girl he shot in the apt was wearing an identical bracelet.
YupGood episode, imo.My theory about the "time shift" experienced by the missile is...the island is "programmed" magnetically to look like it's somewhere else, thus causing a delay. The ship's radar was reading off the missile coords but the missile arrived regardless after coming through the island's perimeter and ended up finding the coords regardless. I don't think the island's time moves slower than "outside", but it's possible. It's just not feasible that there is a time shift, particularly because it doesn't explain why the island is so hard to find from the outside and impossible to navigate away from...Discussion?