I was going to just post in the other Lost thread but I figured we are so close to the new season we may as well just make the thread already.So it starts January 31 and there are only 8 episodes filmed. The episodes will be on Thursdays this season. I have heard that Lost changed from Wednesday to Thursday so it doesn't compete with American Idol.Anyway, I have season 3 on DVD but haven't watched it yet. I am pretty excited for this. They were only going to do three more seasons of 16 episodes each, so 8 episodes is still a lot-its half of a season. This is a link to pictures from the premier. http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost/lost-...004#poll1000482

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 3 ended very well and I am excited for season 4. My the time it rolls around Ill just be thankful for some new television. With HSP done, Dexter done and the writers strike I haven't been watching any tv at all lately. Kinda sucks that there will be a break in this season now due to the strike. It will also be very weird watching it on Thursdays.

Anyway, I have season 3 on DVD but haven't watched it yet. I am pretty excited for this. They were only going to do three more seasons of 16 episodes each, so 8 episodes is still a lot-its half of a season. 82]http://www.buddytv.com/articles/lost/lost-...004#poll1000482[/url]
So if their season was only 8 episodes, would it mean we have even more. We have a whole season!!
So if their season was only 8 episodes, would it mean we have even more. We have a whole season!!
I think they are planning on only showing 8 episodes this year, unless the strike ends very soon. Then they will probably have 2 more seasons of 16 episodes each. I'm just assuming this, so I am probably wrong.
The strike is a long way from ending.I'm just getting around to watching season 3, so I'm not in a rush anyway.
Ditto. I would have started watching the DVDs already but there is not rush. I am starting tonight.
Ditto. I would have started watching the DVDs already but there is not rush. I am starting tonight.
I finished up season 3 this weekend.I could write a novel ripping it apart, there is seriously some horribly dumb things that happened that made no sense at all.On the bright side I liked some of the cast changes. Juliet was a good addition, I didn't like the death of Mr. Ecko, but good riddance to that sniveling little Charlie.
I didn't like the death of Mr. Ecko, but good riddance to that sniveling little Charlie.
I thought Eko had one of the most interesting back stories. He was an awesome character.An interesting story-when Lost first came onto TV, I only started watching it because of Charlie (Dominic Monaghan). I loved Lord of the Rings so I thought I would give him a shot at something else. I thought the actualy storyline wasn't too good...but I was wrong, and I agree that he was one of the worst characters.
I thought Eko had one of the most interesting back stories. He was an awesome character.An interesting story-when Lost first came onto TV, I only started watching it because of Charlie (Dominic Monaghan). I loved Lord of the Rings so I thought I would give him a shot at something else. I thought the actualy storyline wasn't too good...but I was wrong, and I agree that he was one of the worst characters.
Ditto on the "why I started watching" part, although I actually liked Charlie's character and I was basically hooked on the show from the second I saw the shattered airplane parts all over the beach and the guy getting sucked into the impellers.
Ditto on the "why I started watching" part, although I actually liked Charlie's character and I was basically hooked on the show from the second I saw the shattered airplane parts all over the beach and the guy getting sucked into the impellers.
Re-watching season 3 and watching the finale, I was actually pretty sad to see Charlie go. I think it is just good to have a character that was a drug addict become like a father and is willing to sacrifice himself for the others.
Re-watching season 3 and watching the finale, I was actually pretty sad to see Charlie go. I think it is just good to have a character that was a drug addict become like a father and is willing to sacrifice himself for the others.
That's all well and good, it was his annoying stalking and overprotecting of Claire that was dumb. He got all emo and jealous whenever anyone else even said "hi", I wanted to kill him. I was hoping Desmond would let him die sooner.
That's all well and good, it was his annoying stalking and overprotecting of Claire that was dumb. He got all emo and jealous whenever anyone else even said "hi", I wanted to kill him. I was hoping Desmond would let him die sooner.
Agreed, most hated character on the show, he should be second most hated next to shannon but she was hot so i give her an extra point there.
I could never get over all of the shitty things he did before the crash. A little late to be expecting forgiveness.
317073169_5170a5632d_m.jpg
  • 2 weeks later...

ABC Wed, Jan 309:00 PM Through the Looking GlassThe castaways draw first blood in their battle with the Others while Charlie is being held in the... more Record with TiVoABC Thu, Jan 318:00 PM Lost: Past, Present & Future NewA clip show recapping the first three seasons and exploring mysteries on and off the island in... more Record with TiVoABC Thu, Jan 319:00 PM The Beginning of the End NewAs the fourth season begins, the castaways await rescue by the people with whom they have made... more*http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-News-Blog/Todays-News/Lost-Air-Enhanced/800031776On Wednesday at 9 pm/ET, 24 hours before Lost (at long last) launches its Season 4, ABC will present an enhanced rebroadcast of the trippy Season 3 finale in which (Spoiler alert for those with online access under a rock) a flash-forward revealed that Jack, and Kate, both make it off the island.This special presentation of the "Through the Looking Glass" episode will feature text on the "lower third" (of the screen, as we call it in the biz), offering up backstory, clues and other assorted on-screen facts.My first thought: Does this mean the middle third of the screen will now get obstructed with some clumsy Eli Stone bug/promo? *http://www.tvguide.com/News/lost-jin-kwon/080125-05Feeling Lost? Here's Our Guide to Jin-Soo Kwon*http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV-Show-Blog/Lost/Days/800031654Eight Days to Go

I can't wait either. My favorite characters have always been Locke, Ben, and Sawyer, but we'll see what the new season brings.The Flash Forward really f'd with me, because now I can't constantly root for Kate to die, so meh. Going to be interesting seeing Michael come back and what he'll bring to the table. I never much cared for his character, but when he f'd things up trying to "save" Walt it made for some good TV.Kind of funny, every character I've really liked has been killed off. I've never had that happen in a show like this before. Charlie, Eko, Ana-Lucia, Libby, Shannon.. etc.. They don't just "kill off the fluff" like most shows of the ilk.We sure didn't see a lot of Sayid last season, but the emergence of Desmond was probably the culprit to that. And I'm praying the writers realize that 4,000 Jack backstories is plenty and we can zero in on some of the other characters in a little more detail.But yeah, can't wait, love this show! Give me this, Dexter, and The Shield, and I'm good to go.

I hate Charlie but I have no proof that he is really dead. It would not surprise me one bit if he isn't. I am positive I won't be happy about seeing his whiny ass on my TV again.I just watch the show, I don't get all crazy with the side stuff and such so maybe this is old news but I got suckered into watching it last night (even though I saw it last year and I didn't need to watch it again, blah) but the name of the funeral home was an anagram for Flash Forward. That was cool. Was it really that sneaky of them in that last ep? I figured out it was a flash forward pretty easily, way before the last scene. Eh. At least something will be on that isn't reality or Gladiators.

I hate Charlie but I have no proof that he is really dead. It would not surprise me one bit if he isn't. I am positive I won't be happy about seeing his whiny ass on my TV again.I just watch the show, I don't get all crazy with the side stuff and such so maybe this is old news but I got suckered into watching it last night (even though I saw it last year and I didn't need to watch it again, blah) but the name of the funeral home was an anagram for Flash Forward. That was cool. Was it really that sneaky of them in that last ep? I figured out it was a flash forward pretty easily, way before the last scene. Eh. At least something will be on that isn't reality or Gladiators.
Actually yeah, maybe once that room he was in filled up, he could squeeze his skinny ass out the window and just swim up. I wouldn't be shocked if he was still alive.
Actually yeah, maybe once that room he was in filled up, he could squeeze his skinny ass out the window and just swim up. I wouldn't be shocked if he was still alive.
I hadn't thought about this, but there would be ramifications of this. It would throw a wrench into Desmond seeing the future.Also, I was suprised they would kill one of the main actors.
I'm pretty sure he is dead because Dom Monaghan is not coming back except for a few episodes (probably for some flash backs).